My binge trigger

Maccasmum

I have been on the plan for 12 weeks and can honestly say I have never been hungry, only ever put weight on once due to a birthday party. I have been controlling what I eat and thoroughly enjoyed it. Why, then do I sabotage my efforts when something I can't control sends me into eating overdrive? For the first time in my 30 year working life, I am facing a disciplinary hearing. I genuinely can't remember doing what I am accused of and the management/union have said I have got mitigating circumstances(I was recovering from a virus which attacked my brain and memory). Yet,I am sat here in tears eating my second cheese sandwich ,I have already had a bowl of bombay mix,2 packets of quavers, 2 hi fi bars ,1 sweet and 2 shortcake biscuits on top of the meal I had at 8;30. Why do I cave into this behaviour? Why when I can't deal with my emotions do I stuff my face, I know it doesn't help .........Grrrr

Hun that sounds terrible. I'm sure I'd be the same in your shoes. I've binged tonight too and have no real reason for it other than AF is paying a visit ggrrr.

I hope you can sort things at work. Don't let one binge get you down, you're doing so well and no one would blame you for having a down day with the stress you're going through!!

I am a comfort eater. When under pressure or stress I eat. Usually stodgy or fat laden foods. Given the pressure you are under I'd probably have done something similar to you. But, I probably would not have admitted it so bravely. I hope that you forgive yourself this binge, draw a line under it and start today feeling stronger and more controlled.
Try not to let the situation control you. Start to work out what you can do to help yourself, make notes of what you do remember about the event, the lead up to it, anything that you recall immediately after it. Anything. Can you contact your GP, talk to them about it, ask them for their thoughts.

I really hope that today you feel more enabled to resist the urge to binge. Its only a temporary 'fix' and it will add to an issue you all ready want to address.

Good luck, big hugs.

I know exactly how you are feeling, I do exactly the same when I am stressed and down and it honestly feels like there is nothing you can do about it. Make sure that you are well enough to attend the disciplinary, have you got a union member attending with you?

Thanks ladies for your support,not as weepy today BUT am determined not to let food take over my life yet once more! Had a chat to my boss today who said the worst that could happen is a final written warning (which is better than being sacked). He did also say nobody in the management line wants to do this to me as I am such a good worker/team player and to put it to the back of my mind. The union are very supportive, my doctor and consultant both said they will write a letter confirming my illness. It's a matter of pride I am good at my job, well respected by colleagues and management and even if I wasn't ill at the time it's simple human error.......Anyway have decided to focus on my weight loss...one thing I can control. Thanks once againx

Hi, understand totally how you feel, I have this all of the time too, at the moment one major stress that I'm going through is that my OH and I are being taken to court by his ex, long story but the fact of it is that I am NOT going to let this beat me, I will have to face her in court and i'm going to do that looking slimmer and in a very hot power ***** suit, thank you very much! I am trying very hard to make my diet the focus of my life rather than endlessly worrying my head off and stuffing my face as the day gradually approaches. My point is that you can either let these things take control of your life OR you can control them, by squashing them down into their nasty little box and sitting on them, its going to happen whether you like it or not and you'll be able to handle it a lot better in the right frame of mind - and you know that right frame of mind will come so much more easy when you are eating properly and taking care of yourself.

That said, everyone deserves a flip out now and again, and usually with those of us that have food problems it is to food which we turn for comfort and distractions. The trick is knowing when to stop - either at that few extra things but certainly by the next morning. If you don't let the destruct-button take over, the less times it will want to be pressed. Good luck with your meetings and don't ever stop fighting for YOU.

Hi I'm exactly the same. I binge and binge and feel terrible stright after. Stress and problems with my dh and family are usually the triggers and after 4 really good weeks i feel extremly bad after this week of binging that im having.

Thanks ladies for your support,not as weepy today BUT am determined not to let food take over my life yet once more! Had a chat to my boss today who said the worst that could happen is a final written warning (which is better than being sacked). He did also say nobody in the management line wants to do this to me as I am such a good worker/team player and to put it to the back of my mind. The union are very supportive, my doctor and consultant both said they will write a letter confirming my illness. It's a matter of pride I am good at my job, well respected by colleagues and management and even if I wasn't ill at the time it's simple human error.......Anyway have decided to focus on my weight loss...one thing I can control. Thanks once againx

Thats good news that its not going to cause too many problems for you at work and good for you for taking control. I hope I can do the same :D

xxx

I hope it works out for you hun, I know what worry does to you, as i am consumed with it at the moment with one thing and another going on in my life but the one thing i am controlling is my weight and getting a grip on my diet is making me stronger and i am able to address the issues that are worrying me straight on. We are all gulity of binges and falling of the wagon but its how you deal with those times thats important, Wishing you all the best x

Back