My Cambridge diet diary

Day 4
Feeling much better today. had my porridge and bottle of water and actually feel full for the first time since starting the CD on Tues. I've got the shakes a bit though, but its not making me feel bad, just strange. Have brushed my teeth twice already this morning :brushing teeth: and my mouth still feels yuk.... Wish u could chew gum on this diet!! Gonna get on with some housework and start my college assignment. that'll keep me busy this morning :rolleyes:

Think I might be turning a corner :D

Last edited:
Cannot believe just how much better i'm feeling today... Its great!!!!!

My first public test today though. We are going to my OH's nieces BBQ party down on the beach this eve, so will be interesting to see how that goes. To be honest, with the way i feel at the minute, I could have a mountain of my favourite foods in front of me and not give into temptation...... Well, i think so ;)

It is a good feeling isn't it. :)

I was subjected to the sights and smells of other people's cooked breakfast this morning. Normally it would make me so hungry that I'd probably have joined them, even though I've never really been much of a breakfast person. But right now it doesn't bother me one bit. :D

Easiest diet ever. :party0049:

Dunno quite about easiest diet ever. I must admit i did wobble a little at the bbq. But managed to get through it in the end. But the feeling of getting through that temptation iis wonderful. Makes me even more determined to succeed!!!

this is the easiest and the hardest diet going. easy as when you get through the first barriers and are in ketosis you tend to glide and don't feel hungry, or very hungry at all. hardest as you need good willpower to get into ketosis and then resist the temptations later.

i always put things in boxes. this these chocolates are the kids so i can't have them as they're not mine. these crisps are hubby's so i can't have them as they're his not min. etc mentally it does help. honest.

I'm not finding all the food round the house tempting at all really. If anything its making me feel sad to see how much the fridge and the cupboards are remaining stocked. Makes me realise just how much i eat. Really looking forward to monday (weigh in day). I've had comments form quite a few people already saying i look like i've lost weight and not many people know i'm on the diet so thats a great feeling.
I must say, it seems to be getting easier every day!!!

Day 5
Still feeling good. Mixed it up a little as i seem to get my hunger feelings most in the afternoon and I find the porridge keeps me feeling full for longer. As i've never been one to eat a lot in the morning, i thought i'd try the shake for breakfast and the porridge for lunch... Will see how that goes.
Still feeling great about resisting temptation at the beach bbq yesterday eve. I think its given me a huge boost to know i can say 'no' to food.
I think i'm a little bit in love with this diet:heartpump: ;)

Yey!!! Just watched my OH eat a big cheese and pickle baguette and had no temptation to grab it off him and swallow it whole!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did offer to eat in another room but i said no, i've gotta get used to it eventually.
I'm amazed as it didn't bother me in the slightest, especially as cheese is my number 1 fav food!!
:talk017:

Day 6
Not a lot to report today.. All still going well. Seems to get easier by the day. Just sat eating my porridge whilst my OH indulged in a bacon sarnie, and didn't feel any cravings for his food at all. The only thing it made me feel was a little bit sad that he can eat whatever he wants and still stay in great shape and I can't. But no use dwelling on crap like that, just onwards and upwards :).
Really looking forward to WI tomorrow eve.... Hopefully the scales will tell me that this week of hard work was worth it.:scale:

Another day gone, and So far so good. On day 3, I honestly thought i wouldn't get through the week!! Feeling really proud of myself for getting through it and can't wait for the big WI tomorrow.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Thanks Cheryl!!! Feeling really apprehensive bout it. I know i've stuck to the diet 100% and I def feel like i've lost weight, but i keep panicking that i won't have lost anything and all the hard work is for nothing.... We'll see, only 7 hours and 20 mins to go!!!! :)

My CDC took my measurements and some photos of me on my 1st meeting last week. So hopefully i'll see a small difference. I def know i've lost round my middle. But i always shrink a bit there within days of cutting out bread etc..

One question to anyone.... How do people find the porridge? For the 1st few days I really enjoyed it, but i've found its tasted saltier every day. i've got the apple and cinnamon one as my CDC had run out of plain, but she was ordering some more in for me to try.

Right.... Lil man in bed, chores done. This is usually the time i'd start scoffing, but instead i thought i'd list the reasons why i want to loose weight. Here goes....

1) I have never been 'slim', but at around a size 14/16, was always really confident with my looks/size and myself as a person. Since I have gained weight and had my son, i have become far less confident and want to feel that way again.

2) I have been unable to work for the last 2 months due to aggravating an old disc injury in my back. I am currently waiting for an epidural (9th Sept) which will hopefully alleviate the pain and allow me to get back to working. I love spending so much time with my son, but do miss having the routine of work in my life. I am also taking a lot of pain killers prescribed by the doctor, which i really don't like doing, but need at the min to take the edge off the pain. As i have my son, who is almost 8 months and into everything, it is hard to rest my back. I think loosing weight will take a huge amount of pressure off my back and help with the pain.

3) I have applied for Mental health nursing (beginning Feb'11) and if i was accepted on the course, feel that I would benefit from being strong physically and emotionally.

4) I am totally confident that my fiancee loves me regardless of my size, and he tells me he fancies me all the time. However, since we've been together, i have gained the majority of my weight and I din't feel as confident as i did when we first got together. I want to do it to give me confidence in our relationship.

5) We plan to marry hopefully next year, and i, as most women, want to feel beautiful on the day!!

6) I want to enjoy shopping again!!!! (shallow i know :) )

7) Finally. Since having my beautiful Oscar last december, i have realised just how important it is for me to be fit and healthy so that i can be there for him!!!!

DONE...... Apologies for the essay, but i have found it very theraputic.

Last edited:
No need for apologies. It was brave of you to share all of that. I pretty much everyone on here can relate to at least one of your points. There is nothing shallow about wanting to enjoy shopping either, it's therapeutic!! :D

I feel fantastic!! I can't believe i've lost a stone in just a week, its amazing!!
It just proved to me that all the highs and lows of the week have been worth while. Also it has made me even more determined to continue and loose the last 5 stone i need to. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Back