My Cambridge Journey

Hey,

New to the forum, but catching up with lots of people in the hope of motivation! Well done so far! My CDC told me that I could weigh this week if I wanted to as with week one, you're more likely to see daily changes, but to avoid on the whole because a daily fluctuation/gain can be demoralising and lead to derailing. I'm sure it'll sort itself out by weigh in! :)

welcome, hope your finding it ok.

Hello ladies,

Yes, they do say to stay off the scales and only weight yourself once a week at the same time wearing the same clothes, but come on - I just can't stop myself standing on it every morning before dressing for the day. It is just there, and it really can't be helped. But I am going to have to learn to avoid being weighted for a while when we go away on Friday. No scales on holiday though I am taking my bars and shakes with me. Will eat food when I can't avoid it [like wedding functions and meals where I am with people] but the rest of the time, when I'm indoors [staying mostly with friends and cousins] I'm going to just stick to the diet and see what happens when I get back to the UK.
oh have a fab holiday, i bet you can't wait :) i normally dont weigh myself at home but cos im not seeing my cdc until 29.08 (3 weeks) i decided to just go by my own scales. in the past 11 days im down 1.6ibs. its just sooooooooo slow, but sure its a loss :)
I did a 5K last night, came in really slow at 50.29 mins. i jogged a small bit at the start and then walked the whole way. im so unfit. there is another 5k on monday night so im going to try my best to come in at a quicker time. i had my 3 shakes & a chicken breast before i did the run/walk. i ache today but nothing too bad.

Well done on your run! I saw something the other day which I thought was great:

"No matter how slow you run, you're still lapping those sat on the sofa!" :)

At least the weight loss is happening - no matter how slow. Remember also that if you ache a little, your muscles will be retaining water which will affect weight loss too.

xx

Quick update, i have to move to step 4 as from today. I am starting IVF treatment shortly. I have lost only 1.5ibs in the past 2 weeks so step 1 SS+ is obviously not working for me. I'm going to join Slimming World on tue night as i will be able to follow that if the IVF works and i get pregnant. I have my official weigh in next sat with my cdc. she is happy for me to go to step 4. i just cant count calories, im useless at it, i will just follow the red plan on slimming world and keep the carbs low. to be honest my head is all over the place about the ivf so my appetite has disappeared anyway.

Thank you. Had 3 shakes sat plus turkey and salad. Sun I had shake & no added sugar muesli plus raspberries. Lunch was 2 granary bread and chicken. Dinner was shake and more muesli as was not prepared. Still 11.5 on scales this morning. Same weight all week! I need to lose at least 10ibs to get my bmi to below 30 for ivf but I can't do it on the shakes! Was at dentist this morning getting my braces tightened... so I'm sore now all my teeth are sore. I can't eat even if I wanted to! So no breakfast. Shake for lunch. Will have 2 shakes tonight for dinner with some scrambled eggs.

Didn't do the 5k last night as the weather was too bad. Still 11.5 so only down 1.6 ibs in 17 days. I have no idea why the Cambridge shakes stopped working for me!

Had my 1st week with slimming world, i told her about doing the cambridge diet beforehand so i wasn't too optimistic about losing weight in my first few weeks... but i was down 4ibs tonight :)

2nd weigh in at slimming world and down a further 1.5ibs. I had blood tests carried out a few weeks ago and my underactive thyroid was the reason why the weight wasn't coming off when i was on the cambridge shakes. I have had to increase my dosage since wednesday. Also i have to take 4000 units of Vitamin D. Everything else was fine, my B12 levels and folic levels are good. Really enjoying Slimming World. Off on hols to Malta on Sat 20th so hope to down another 1.5ibs by then.

Back