My Cambridge Journey

Hope everyone is having a good start to the day today. WI for me tomorrow and I hope that I have lost my goal of 3lb as loseing that a week would keep me happy :) xx

Hi girls. Had my 2 week weigh in this morning. Only down 3.75ibs in 2 weeks but I am on my period. Anyway overall in a month (25 days) I have lost 16ibs. Im happy with that. She said to shake things up a bit so going to have chicken & salad every night but I can't give up my milk so im going to do step 2. Im not going back for my next weigh in until 30th Aug (3 weeks). My mini goal is to be down between 6-9ibs by then.

That's a great loss in 25 days - that really is the way you have to look at it. Weight loss can only be measured over a four week period as then you get a proper cycle. It's not linear and will vary from week to week. As long as the general trend is downwards, then you are winning.

Enjoy your chicken and salad this week and keep us posted! Xo

Hello,
Saw your posts on Willpowerwoman's diary and thought I'd say Hello.
Hope you have a great day.
x

Hello,
Saw your posts on Willpowerwoman's diary and thought I'd say Hello.
Hope you have a great day.
x

Hi. Weekend went well. Had my 3 shakes plus chicken & salad. Really enjoyed it. I have a busy night tonight and will be home late so only going to have the 3 shakes today. I hope I still lose this way. Only time will tell!

Great! Isn't it amazing how good chicken and salad tastes after SS! It's a flavour sensation!

Right there is a 5k run/walk in my area next Tuesday 19th. I'm going to start on my treadmill tomorrow night and build myself up. I know I can't jog it but I'm going to walk it & time myself. I can only get better each time. My aim will be to run the full 5k eventually. It's amazing how quickly you lose your fitness....but then again last yr I was 4.5 stone lighter!

Good Luck with the Run brien77 :) I am such a bad runner, thin or fat lol !!! xx

Hi. Weekend went well. Had my 3 shakes plus chicken & salad. Really enjoyed it. I have a busy night tonight and will be home late so only going to have the 3 shakes today. I hope I still lose this way. Only time will tell!

Good morning,
You'll definitely lose weight like this. You might not lose as fast as on the SS, but with the exercise you're doing, it really shouldn't make a difference in how fast you lose.
Good luck!

Well no running or walking has started with me yet. I need to start soon.
I think I've caught a bug. I'm on the toilet all morning and feel like vomiting.
I was 11.6.6 on my own scales sat morning before I went for my official weigh in. I'm still 11.6.6 this morning. I dunno why the scales are not moving. I've drank 3 to 4 litres of water a day. I have a few cups of tea with skimmed milk. Sat and sun I had 1 chicken breast with 80g of salad & balsamic vinegar & 3 shakes. Mon & Tue I had no food just 3 shakes & skimmed milk so a mixture of ss+ and step 2. I wish the scales would move! !!!

Last edited:
They will. Stick with it!! Xo

I dont know what is happening but the scales will not move for me this week at all. I've had my 3 shakes all week. had dodgy tummy one day but the next day i was fine again.
I might have some chicken today to shake things up a bit, it is so annoying to eat nothing all week and lose no weight!
im really considering moving up the steps and joining slimming world. I just thought doing this diet would be a quick way of losing the weight but in reality my losses are very low each week. im not tempted to have a blow out or anything i just want the scales to start moving again. i have an appointment on fri with the fertility doctor and i will see what she says. it might be a case that i will have to come off the diet anyways..i have enough to last me until fri 29th aug so im going to be on it until then.

Last edited:
I dont know what is happening but the scales will not move for me this week at all. I've had my 3 shakes all week. had dodgy tummy one day but the next day i was fine again.
I might have some chicken today to shake things up a bit, it is so annoying to eat nothing all week and lose no weight!
im really considering moving up the steps and joining slimming world. I just thought doing this diet would be a quick way of losing the weight but in reality my losses are very low each week. im not tempted to have a blow out or anything i just want the scales to start moving again. i have an appointment on fri with the fertility doctor and i will see what she says. it might be a case that i will have to come off the diet anyways..i have enough to last me until fri 29th aug so im going to be on it until then.

Don't worry, the scales will move. Stick with it. Sometimes your body just hangs on to weight because it thinks it needs to and then, suddenly, one day a whole load of weight will just shift. So stay strong.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks kitty. I'm gonna stick with it. How are you getting on?

I had a really good day on the plan yesterday but no change in the weight this morning. So I know the feeling of why the bloody not, well. But hey ho. I know I had a good day and I shall have another good day today so that hopefully tomorrow I can see the change on the scales. I do feel a lot better physically and emotionally though.

Hey,

New to the forum, but catching up with lots of people in the hope of motivation! Well done so far! My CDC told me that I could weigh this week if I wanted to as with week one, you're more likely to see daily changes, but to avoid on the whole because a daily fluctuation/gain can be demoralising and lead to derailing. I'm sure it'll sort itself out by weigh in! :)

Hello ladies,

Yes, they do say to stay off the scales and only weight yourself once a week at the same time wearing the same clothes, but come on - I just can't stop myself standing on it every morning before dressing for the day. It is just there, and it really can't be helped. But I am going to have to learn to avoid being weighted for a while when we go away on Friday. No scales on holiday though I am taking my bars and shakes with me. Will eat food when I can't avoid it [like wedding functions and meals where I am with people] but the rest of the time, when I'm indoors [staying mostly with friends and cousins] I'm going to just stick to the diet and see what happens when I get back to the UK.

Back