My Cambridge weightloss journey encouragement welcome

carlyjbjb

Hi everyone , my name is carly and im a single mum of 3 kids, i have tried lots of diets , eating low fat and not many calories and even the xenical tabs , but i have failed with them as having choice of what foods to buy and eat etc doesnt help me , so ive decided to start the cambridge diet as you dont really get a choice of what to eat , and im hoping this is the diet for me,, im currently a size 16 ! i feel so ugly and need to shift this fat .

I see my consultant for the first appointment tommorow night , so will be starting the diet on wednesday morning , i really hope it works.

xxx

Hiya Carly,

Good luck for tomorrow hun! I'm the same with not liking choice and checking what I can and can't have, I just prefer to KNOW that this is all I can have!

Let me know how you get on x

Thank you :) I can't wait to be a thin me again , I've put weight on over pure lazyness and over eating , I'm in the right frame of mind to do this now can't wait but dredding the feeling like rubbish stage hope I can over come it , thanks for your replys ladies will keep u updated , xxx

Hi Carly, welcome to minimins, it really is a great supportive site :) CWP is a brilliant choice and once you get over the worst few days you'll be in the swing of things in no time and watch those lbs melt away. good luck for Wednesday xx

Hi all , u had my appointment with consultant tonight and she explained everything etc. I'm still awake can't sleep , so upset :( I asked my mum last week if she would baby sit my 3 kids so I could go see consultant she's said yes then I called her this afternoon to see if she is still coming and her reply was are u still doing that stupid thing , ur wasting ur money you have had 3 kids be realistic your always going to be fat , - her words , I was heartbroken really bad, so I take my kids with me which was no fun , they was playing up was hard to concentrate , but I've been so upset all night that my mum said that to me , I have told her I want nothing more to do with her. I'm so so hurt my mum has no faith In me and has deemed me to be fat forever , I honestly feel like dying, my mum is awful to me , I've asked her before to have my kids for 1 hour 3 times a week so I can go gym and she's told me i would be wasting my money so no , also asked her to watch them once a month so I can go on a date and she says no and also asked her to have them overnight once a month so I can do study at home whilst doing my degree as its hard having 3 kids distracting you , and she said no to that too, she refuses to help me in any shape or form , I am so hurt.......... :(

carlyjbjb said:
Hi all , u had my appointment with consultant tonight and she explained everything etc. I'm still awake can't sleep , so upset :( I asked my mum last week if she would baby sit my 3 kids so I could go see consultant she's said yes then I called her this afternoon to see if she is still coming and her reply was are u still doing that stupid thing , ur wasting ur money you have had 3 kids be realistic your always going to be fat , - her words , I was heartbroken really bad, so I take my kids with me which was no fun , they was playing up was hard to concentrate , but I've been so upset all night that my mum said that to me , I have told her I want nothing more to do with her. I'm so so hurt my mum has no faith In me and has deemed me to be fat forever , I honestly feel like dying, my mum is awful to me , I've asked her before to have my kids for 1 hour 3 times a week so I can go gym and she's told me i would be wasting my money so no , also asked her to watch them once a month so I can go on a date and she says no and also asked her to have them overnight once a month so I can do study at home whilst doing my degree as its hard having 3 kids distracting you , and she said no to that too, she refuses to help me in any shape or form , I am so hurt.......... :(
I'm sorry your mum isn't supportive that must feel awful but let that be the inspiration to drive you on with this diet prove to her that you can do it and its not a waste of money. This forum is a brilliant support tool for u and we will all be here for u u can do this the weight will soon be dropping off u xxx good luck with your journey and please don't give up before u have started u have the motivation to do this now

Sorry that your mom is the way that she is. Will probably explain a lot about why you're overweight when you start looking at things. However use it as a driving force to succeed. Put your anger into the diet x

Thanks ladies , feeling so down at the mo , but started the diet today just drinking first shake now , strawberry one , it's ok , drinking it slow with a pint of water at same time , have a sip of shake then sip of water lol , I'm trying to think positive as I drink it lol , how many more pints of water should I drink today ? I'm on 2nd pint

Rkmriddell said:
Aim for 3 litres minimum x

Wss^^^xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all just had my 2nd meal lol chicken and mushroom soup it was lovely actually lol enjoyed it, drank 5 pints so far of water , what is that in litres ? I've got 1 more meal to have , I'm actually feeling really hungry :( was hoping I wouldn't but I'm starving

carlyjbjb said:
Hi all just had my 2nd meal lol chicken and mushroom soup it was lovely actually lol enjoyed it, drank 5 pints so far of water , what is that in litres ? I've got 1 more meal to have , I'm actually feeling really hungry :( was hoping I wouldn't but I'm starving

Bout three? Keep drinking and distraction is key. Hunger goes in a few days xx

hi all update day 2 , well last night i had leak and potato soup about 9pm , didnt have no cravings for food last night which was good, woke up today in a good mood , felt light headed on school run tho, came home and mixe the banana shake , and it made me heav it was awful tried to drink most but left abit , emailed my consultant to tell her i need to swap the shakes for soups , so i will be on 3 soups a day instead , gonna try the spicy tomato shortly if thats horrible will be swapping that aswell for leak and chicken and mush i hope its nice tho.

had to go drs to get some cream i needed mid morning and on way home my daughter was hungry so i bought her a roll with lettuce, salad cream , cheese and ham in , which is my fave roll ever , i did it to see if i would give in , a little goal for myself , and i havent , she ate half then didnt want no more so i threw the rest in the bin , i really wanted to devour it but i didnt i won the battle lol , gotta stay positive !! hope i feel ok 2moro day 3 and 4 i am dredding . thanks for reading x

well done hun you didnt cave in thats the first step to succeding should be proud one you get past first week it does get hell of alot easier :) X

Omg I feel like rubbish day 3 I got up and have been shaking since please tel me it will pass and any tips to get through it please xxx

hey hun i had that on day 2 it means your body is going into ketosis which is a good thing make sure you drink plenty of water also if you get to the point your going to faint which i did have couple small cubes of chicken i got a breast of chicken and boiled it only had 2 little pieces just to keep me going and it worked i found that i needed to do that the first 2-3 days till it passed it wont affect weight loss as i still lost 9lb and it was totm aswell x hope your ok you should wake up tomorro feeling great stick with it hun today is the worst day and then it will be so much easier :) X

Back