My cc diary

I'm on a tight budget myself but luckily my bf pays for the gym sessions that i do when i do get the time to go, if not i just walk around a lot, i work 12hrs 3 times week which does help me to work up a sweat ( i work with children). i try to get in as much exercise as i can, didnt no i could get dvd's from the charity shop, i should probably have a look next time i past round! i'm definately going to try those free ones on the website you've shown me as i love dancing, i normally try to do 3-5 days a week of exercise but when my weight loss slows down i tend to do it all week burn 1000calories per day and it works.

Hi :)

How did you lose your first 11lbs?

Tips... I have just been reading up a lot, using the internet to research which foods are good. You need to decide how many calories you want a day - I am on no more than 1200. Then try to plan your meals - e.g. 200 for breakfast, 400 each for lunch and dinner and 200 for snacks.

My weakness is snacks, so I have found out the ideal choices for that - e.g. baked crisps 100cal, a low fat dip, Twister ice lollies 80cal.

I just think research is the best way!

Well I had been eating really badly for a long time! Christmas and that! I literally just ate what I wanted but after new years eve i saw some pictures of myself and realised how much weight i had put on and was seriously unhappy, im only 5 ft 1 so its really noticeable!! So I started writing down everything I ate and weighed myself once a week, I just tried making healthier choices. This worked for a while but I guess I just lost track of it, had a few too many nights out! With alcohol and then the greasy burger and chips to follow! Anyways I am trying calorie counting now as ive never done this before. Have got some new measuring scales! And am really up for giving it a go! My biggest downful is defenitly snacking! and always in the evening! Also do you have any tips on when other people make you food?? For example going to other peoples houses. How do you cope cus im actually dreading it!!! xxxxx

Well, only my family know that I am doing the diet - for some reason I don't like drawing attention to it - as if people can't tell for themselves that I should be! lol

So, at home, I cook my family a meal, and cook myself a different meal. I have been invited out for a few pub meals, but I either say no or have something before I go and then maybe have something really small there, or I just make sure I have been good all week so I can treat myself, but still making healthy choices.

Same with going to friends' houses. Although, as we are all fairly broke at the moment, we take out own food, and cook at eachothers, so I might eat befoer I get there, or just take something healthy to have.

It is tricky, because you don't want to be rude, but I think if you are good for the rest of the week and do a bit extra exercise then there isn't a problem.

Yeah they are all really good ideas thankyou! I just get worried that I will go out somewhere or to somebodys house and end up going mad! haha! thanks for the advice though! how are you getting on today??.. xxx

Getting on OK. Bit stressed and studying which is when I would probably snack. I have resisted so far but decided to have a weight watchers choccie bar as I figure I am craving something and if I don't have something then I will eventually crack and have something really bad!

I recommend looking at the Weight Watchers food as obviously it is designed to be low in cals and sat fat. I like the yoghurts and the bar I am eating now is a choc caramel wafer for 73 cals.

How are you getting along?

right, bit nervous today, i'm going clubbing tonight and i no i will get drunk, does anyone no the best low cal drinks i can have?

B - oats and milk - 200

L - branflakes and milk - 200

S - 3x toast with philly light - 260

total - 660...

Dinnertime will be at nandos, i dont eat meat so i've not got a clue what the calories are going to be like but i will update this later.

then tonight will be clubbing, drinks and snacks so i will not even bother counting those calories lol..

i'm going clubbing tonight and i no i will get drunk, does anyone no the best low cal drinks i can have?

Haha, that made me laugh - it is basicallythe same as my post! I know the dancing will burn off a lot, and I have been good today, but the drink just kills the diet! As well as the post-night out food, snacks etc!

I have bought some gin and low cal tonic - that has 56cal per 25ml which I think isn't too bad. Vodka is also good.

Stay away from wine, beer, cider etc and any cocktails, sugary drinks such as Archers and Malibu!

Hope u have a great night hun xx

Haha, that made me laugh - it is basicallythe same as my post! I know the dancing will burn off a lot, and I have been good today, but the drink just kills the diet! As well as the post-night out food, snacks etc!

I have bought some gin and low cal tonic - that has 56cal per 25ml which I think isn't too bad. Vodka is also good.

Stay away from wine, beer, cider etc and any cocktails, sugary drinks such as Archers and Malibu!

Hope u have a great night hun xx

lol, sounds like we had fun altogether then, by the time i got your post i already had all the drinks in the world :) well i thought i was going to be sensible about the whole alcohol thing but i drank all the drinks in the book last night lol, i had a bout 2 million calories last night, not to mention the pre clubbing food i had in nandos, then at 3 in the morning we found a fast food joint where i had the lot! the hang over is the worst, but ive been drinking loads of water today which is good, my head is banging and i feel a binge coming on but i wont give in to temptation.

i'm a little puzzled right now because my bf is taking me to a mexican restaurant tonight and i dont no what i can eat that is sensible because i dont want to go over calories tonight and i will try and settle for 1 glass of red wine rather than 2 bottles haha. x

food for today will be,

B - 3xweetabix and semi-skimmed milk and 2 slices of toast with a slither of butter ( hungover) 250+220= 470

L - jacket potato, beans, and a cheese with a side salad = 500

D- mexican! hope i can have something under 500cals including my glass of wine. no dessert i think :(

Ooooh Mexican is a tricky one - it always all seems to be really greasy! I guess maybe some sort of chicken tortilla? But I think you said you didn't eat meat? Hmmm its a tricky one!

Maybe some sort of tuna steak? Or I know our mexican does a nice sweet potato dish. Maybe the best thing is to have what you want, but just try not to eat it all - leave a third or something? But that is easier said than done!

I think it is hard with meals out - part of calorie counting is the planning and it is so hard to plan when you don't know what you can have!

lol i love sweet potatoes, sounds gd to me, i think i will just ask them not to add fat to any of my food, lets see how that goes, good luck to me if i gain on monday morning's weigh in haha hopefully not! i think i'm just going to try and get some exercise in some how x

and i love tuna steak, wish i could eat that now!

so today i'm struggling a bit because i've been bad the past 2 days but i will be strong!!

B - half a plaintain done in the microwave with a bit of olive oil brushed on , 45g piece of french bread, tiny portion of baked beans. *490*

L - bachelors pasta and sauce. *358*

D - Tuna salad with cherry tomatoes, lettuce leaves and cucumber with spring onions, drizzled with light french dressing. - *230*

under 1200 yaaay!!

plaintain is from the banana family but it has to be cooked before eaten, it has nearly 200 calories for a whole one but i dont think you could eat a whole one as its quite large, a half is enough to fill you up if you have it with something like a slice of bread or an egg. its low G.I and is good for dieting, very low in fat and high in vitamins, im addicted to it.

i think you can find this in most fruit and veg stalls, how are you today? xx

I'm good thanks. I have a bit of a cold/sore throat so didn't start the day well. Did 30 mins of step on the Wii just so that I had done some exercise but will try to do some more later.

I weighed myself and have lost 12lbs in a week! Really cannot understand/believe it! I have triple checked the scales, and I have just checked on some other scales and it is right! Can't believe it! So, I am much happier than I was when I woke up!

Might try to get some plantain!

great, they're nice, you'll like them. you deserve your loss, you've been trying really hard and its the most important thing. x

Monday weigh in and i'm 2 pounds down, i'm quite happy about this because i've had 2 naughty nights out. i'm about to go off and make brekkie now but here's what i'm aiming to eat today.

B - 40g special k and milk - 200

S - 1 hard boiled egg and a Tangerine - 100

L - fish steamed with onions, peppers, coriander, paprika, flavour enhaner and everyday spices, with a side of half of lettuce, and 1 grated carrot, drizzled with light honey mustard dressing and some tabasco sauce. - 200

D - homemade egg fried rice loads of veg added, and 1 meat free sausage roll- 560

S - Tangerine - 30

1,090 calories for the day plus i did 40 minutes of walking today.

thanks for your comment, haha that made me laugh, wish i could eat mexican everyday!

this is how i make my egg fried rice.

i weigh out 140g of rice -(167) and cook it, then leave to rest for about 20 mins.

in a seperate pan scramble 2 small eggs - 120

in another pan fry up a onion ( 30) green peas - (50) peppers ( 30) in 1 Tbs of veg oil (124) or use fry light for 1 cal per spray.

fry up the rice until a little dry then add the scrambled egg, onions,ECT, then season with your favourite spices and a dash of soy sauce ( 2 ). stir everything and leave on a low heat for 10 minutes.

it comes up to less than 500, but after adding all those ingredients it bulks out a lot, it should serve you about 4 portions, if your having it with some sort of meat then you can have it as 1 portion as its so filling, but if your eating it on its own you can double the portion for less than 400 calories! cant wait for dinner now :)

Oooh sounds good! Might have to give that a go!

I just found out tat I passed my exam and have got in to uni - am still crying with happiness!

I have already been asked out tonight for celebratory drinks and tomorrow for a Chinese - not sure whether to let myself as a treat for getting in, or to have something before I go to my friends and not have the Chinese!

Also... very panicky now about uni - I think I will be OK for food, but the drinking is going to be hell!

However, it is extra motivation for me now as I don't want to be the fat girl at uni and I want to be able to wear nice clothes and sexy fancy dress rather than jeans and a boring top!

Congratulations hun! all your hard work have paid off.

you wont be the fat one at uni, just look at how well you've done, if you keep going at the rate your going now you'll be a skinny minny in no time.

if i were you i'd be celebrating, you can have a chineese if you want to, you just have to make sensible choices as i think they do have the healthy options, you could also tell them how you want your food to be made with less oil/butter ect, afterall you are paying for it :)

i think uni will be a breeze for you, you'd have already been in the pattern of choosing the right foods, and by looking at your weight loss so far i'm sure you wouldnt give up hun, you've got nothin to worry about, you'll have a good time and look sexy in those dresses your gonna buy :) x

Back