my cc diary!

Naomigi

So I decided to start a diary because I'm really enjoying reading everyone elses and wanted to offer some support to other cc-ers! This is only my second week of calorie counting but so far I'm finding it the most straightforward diet I've ever done. So far I'm down 5lbs but it feels like more because I'm fitting into clothes that haven't fit for a LONG time.

Today I wore a summer dress that I last fit into two years ago! All this water I'm drinking must be flushing me out or something!

ps. I'm a vegan and if any other vegans are struggling to keep coming up with stuff I'd be happy to help! So excited for weigh in on monday! xx

I'm a vegetarian so will keep an eye on your diary, might give me some new ideas of nice things to eat :) Well done on your weight loss so far, it's great when you're noticing it in clothes and not just on the scales, isn't it? :)

It's amazing Rigby! Today I ate...

cereal and soymilk 220c

lunch was some homemade pakora in a wholemeal pitta with asparagus and and a banana about 500c

dinner was a sweet potato with hummus on top, and some green breans, about 220c

snacked on some strawberries (90c), 1 apple (70c) and some sorbet (89c)

Total for the day about 1200, plus a TON of water and a bike ride!

Well done on your weight loss so far! I'm an ex veggie/vegan but most days I still eat a veggie diet so your diary will be good for some inspiration :) Already you've inspired me to drink more water, I just realised I've mostly been drinking tea and fizzy diet drinks of late.

Thanks Ellem, drinking lots of water did seem to help things along. I had a sneaky weigh in today though and so far I've only lost a pound this week! compared to FOUR last week. Hmmm. Not happy!

Hi, and Welcome to CC.

Well done on your weight loss so far. It must feel so good to be in clothes that you haven't worn for years :)

Your food sounds so yummy. I love sweet potato!

I look forward to reading about your journey.

Good Luck!!!

Carol x

aw thanks carol! Just getting a bit frustrated with the rate of weight loss at the moment, hopefully it'll figure itself out soon! So far today I've had
b: cereal and soy milk
an apple
l: some wholewheat spaghetti with a homemade tomato and butter bean sauce, that was high cal! really filling though,
snacked on strawberries, and for dinner a light soup with a small bread roll which I think will take me to my limit of 1450 for today. Going to go back down to 1350 tomorrow I think.

Ps other vegans! If you live near a Waitrose, they've just started stocking some snacks by a brand called 'Bear', it's like a bag of granola bites, apple crumble flavour is DELISH and only 98 cals a bag!!

hello i'm a veggie who only eats fish... your foods sounds yummy, i love sweet potato, havent eaten it in months,

will be watching your diary, your doing so well xx

I love it too, and I love them baked, and they're about 100less calories than a normal potato. I took a 'before' pic and thats whats stopping me giving up just yet, wish I was losing as fast as I was last week though, at least I'm not putting any on though eh?

Most people lose more in their first week like that, don't be put off because you've not lost as much this week :) It's a slow journey but I think it has to be. People always say that 'time flies' and it really does, you'll soon be at the point where you've lost significant amounts of weight, and that first mini goal of yours definitely is just around the corner :)

I love it too, and I love them baked, and they're about 100less calories than a normal potato. I took a 'before' pic and thats whats stopping me giving up just yet, wish I was losing as fast as I was last week though, at least I'm not putting any on though eh?

well said, so much better than putting on, atleast the scales are heading in the right direction. x

aw thanks you two! I really do think that this forum gives everyone such a boost, it's so supportive!

So I was annoyed yesterday that my weight loss was stalling. I stuck to 1350 cals and drank a LOT of water, made sure I was really really hydrated. And....a pound down this morning! yay! 6lbs GONE!

Thanks carol! among other things, I had some mango sorbet today because of this bloody heat. Still managed to stay at 1350 cals today though. Hoping for a miracle though, I want a 3lb loss at tomorrows weekly weigh in, only 2lb so far and pretty sure I won't lose a pound overnight...fingers crossed though! haha

Ooh, mango sorbet sounds lovely :) Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow, I hope you're happy with the result :)

It was so yummy! thanks Rigby, I'm crossing my fingers and toes!

4675760798_6f3903ec9b.jpg

That was my dinner today, roasted broccoli and potato soup with chickpea croutons! yum!

You are doing a great job! I'm a vegetarian, and that soup looks devine!
When you are getting frustrated with the rate of loss, have a look at some older diaries- the pounds lost go up and down with the weeks, but usually the lower loss weeks are followed by high loss weeks. I always tell myself that if I get frustrated and give up now, I'm probably ripping myself off a big loss that is just around the corner!
I'm in southern Australia, and must whinge that we had a frost this morning. It is now 6PM, and freezing- heater on, layers and layers of clothes cold. (I did whinge all the way through our summer too though. The sorbet sounds great, but cold)

Back