my CD story is over!

lunar jim

Gold Member
remember I'm waiting for a hernia op? well yesterday it became strangulated and I was rushed into hospital for emergency surgery. It was incredibly painful :(

So now I'm medically contraindicated and cannot continue CD...

No exercise for at least a month either.

So, it's healthy eating for a couple of weeks, I'm very worried about putting weight on :eek:

Then I reckon I'll try and lose the last stone with another method.

Not ideal, but not much I can do about it...

well done to you for loosing 101lbs i know u can loose the next 14lbs xxx goodluck

good luck, You have done so well, there is no reason you wont shift the last bit another way xx

geez, so sorry you had to have emergancy surgery, that must have been a shock, hope your feeling better soon jim

youve done amazingly well on cambridge and i believe you will continue to do well with your journey, you might just have to take a slightly more scenic route. good luck!

Oh babes :(

Sorry to hear about this but health comes first :)

You'll sail through the last pounds once everything is over as you've done so well already

Be proud

x

good luck jim..

poor you !!!

Take care, get better soon and keep us posted on your progress
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks you lot. Yeah, it's a shame, my CDC reckons it'd be three months before I could go back on CD, a bit like after you've give birth I think?

So it'll be slow and steady but that could be a good thing at this stage of the game perhaps. So I'm going to aim for 2 lbs a week I think, and it'll still be off for Christmas.

I won't be a stranger though :D

Owww! Sounds very painful, poor you. I'm sure you will get to goal whatever way you choose to do it - don't forget us though and don't be a stranger - you have been truly inspiring and a fun Cambridge-ite!:)

Oops, I think we posted together. Glad to hear you don't intend deserting us!

Oh, and I totally forgot to mention, my one year old was admitted to Paeds A&E with croup, his stats were really low and he was quite poorly. So Mrs LJ had a night in the hospital with him downstairs while I tried to sleep a couple of floors above. The nurses were really good though and kept finding out how he was doing for me, they were pretty sympathetic to our plight :D

And I think he coped better than I did lol

Blimey Jim, you've really been through the mill in the last 24 hours! :hug99:

You have done so so well and I'm sure you will get to the end of your journey one way or the other, but your health has to come first.

Keep posting so we can still see how you're doing.

Take care and make sure you get plenty of rest. x

oh my goodness Jim!
I hope the pain gets better soon now the operation is all done and out the way! You will recover a lot faster now your 101lbs lighter! :)

And hope your little one feels better soon as well! What a nightmare day for you and your mrs!
I feel for you both!

Make sure you keep coming on here! You know the basis of it all now and your doing super! 14lbs will DROP off Jim!

Your fab!

x

Hi Jim, well maybe your CD journey isn't over just on hold!!! All through your posts you have shown real focus and determination and your results are a huge achievement! Looking at your profile pic....well that guy does not have the look of someone who is going to let things revert back....back to that place where he was so unhappy and at risk health wise being overweight. So, now you have the opportunity to learn the maintenence bit and pause a while before you kick those last pounds into touch........your surgery would have always been there to get through...guess you just got it over with early! Best wishes to you and your family, hope you keep posting ...you have always been encouraging to everyone and very supportive. Take care.......stop bloody posting and get some rest!!!

Blimey Jim you don't do things by half in your house do you?? How you feeling now and how is Lunar Junior??? Can you do a low fat low cal diet whilst recuperating such as 1200kals a day and try and aviod the carbs??? Good Luck though and keep posting i'll miss you if you disappear off here. X

Back