My Celebrity Slim Diary

Louise24

Gold Member
Hello everyone,

I've just got back home with my CS starter pack, I'm really excited about it, I'm not brave enough to do CD or LL but I think I'll be able to hack CS.

I need to set a date to start as don't want anything to put me off (e.g. planned parties etc).... but should be within the next week.

How is everyone else finding it? xx

Realised I've not told you much about myself.....I'm 25, I live on my own in Shropshire and have been with my boyfriend for just over a year and a half....

I want to lose at least 5 stone, but going to take it one step at a time, I've been doing slimming world forever and have had various success, I just want a boost (not the chocolate one) to get me on the right track again.

I work for Police and do random shifts, I also really enjoy cooking so hopefully will be able to produce some nice evening meals from the stuff we're allowed, anyway, enough about me - I'm off to read the handbook.

x

Hi Louise

If you can get through the 1st week when your body is adjusting to lower carbs it really is a no brainer.

I had headaches and was a bit disorientated during the first 7 - 10 days and then found CS fantastic and so easy to follow and I've managed to lose weight every week (put on at SW 'cos they said I could eat as much a I liked - whats wrong with 8 jacket potatoes a day lol).

Make sure you drink your water and I personally never miss a snack. Both the shakes and the bars are quite filling - I've never bothered with the soups 'cos they just don't appeal to me.

There's loads of people on this site to help and support you so good luck - really hope you like CS and keep us posted of how you get on.

Hello both. Thanks for your messages.
Well I started yesterday (Monday) and so far I'm loving it. Ok, I could murder a big bowl of pasta but I'm surviving.

Yesterday I had the following:
B: Strawberry shake
S: Small apple
L: Cafe Late shake
S: 30g nuts
D: Chicken salad and fat free dressing

And today:
B: Chocolate shake
S: 30g nuts
L: Caramel shake
S: small apple
D: Spicy Chicken with veg

The only thing I'm worried about is evening meals, I like chicken salad etc but don't want to get bored. What do you guys have? x

have a peek at atkins forums for inspiration. when i did cs i used to love stir frys and omlettes :)

one of my favs was chicken filled with garlic philly and wrapped in bacon. then make a side of spinach mushrooms, onions and peppers with a little bit more philly mixed in.

always yummy!!!

Good idea thank you. I had roasted chicken breast with lots of herbs and roasted veg onion,tomato,courgete,peper really liked that or grilled pepered steak and salad

I have the same as everyone else in our house but don't have the potato, rice, pasta or bread. So tonight I had Chicken Korma with veg then I waited half an hour and had blackberries, strawberries and blueberries with squirty cream. Yesterday was pork chops and the day before that we had a carvery at a pub - can't say I've had to change my eating habits that much except to ditch the excess carbs.

Louise check the carbs on your fat free dressing as I found there are lower carbs in real full fat cream than in the low fat stuff don't know if dressings are the same because I always have mayo'. Don't forget you can have an evening snack - I never feel like I've finished a meal until I've had my pud (can't quite wait 3 hours for it though - lol).

Thanks for all the tips..... I'm still loving celebrity slim and deel I'm getting on well with it. Just face the real test now though - THE WEEKEND. Eeek.

Yeh the weekends are the killers.While at work do I do not think about food, at home it is chalenge. But we can do it;) .
I usualy put music chanel on when a fancy something I should't have and have look at all those fit girls on there (lucky cows) and say to my self chocolate or nice body :D, guess what wins.

luckily i'm looking after my friends kitten this week so I'm kept busy when I'm at home..... I'm still suprised I've lasted 4 whole days, here is to skinny bummed us!!

Well day 5 almost done and I'm still going strong luckily. How is everyone else?
Today I've had...
B: Chocolate shake
S: 30g hazlenuts
L: Caramel shake (my fav flavour)
S: Small apple
D: Spicy chicken and salad

you should be getting in a 3rd snack!! x

I did in the end, I had some more nuts (30g) think I need to have a few less though as they are quite fatty?!

Just a quick one and I've made it through the weekend pretty much in tact!
I did have one sweet and picked a bit of chicken skin from the roast chicken - but still...... much better than it could have been. Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend

It's so quiet on here compared to slimming world pages - guess it's a new diet.

Anyway - Weigh in day today, I lost 7.5lbs in a week. I'm really happy with that, I know it's probably a lot of water and next week won't be the same, but I'm just happy to be losing (after so long messing about on slimming world). x

wow well done 7.5lbs is fab :)

Hi,Lousie well done on your loss this week!
it's good to see some others who are at the beginning of their CS diets. I am nearing the end of my second week and I haven't lost as much as I hoped to. Only 4lbs last week and maybe only a couple this week. It's all losses I suppose :D.
I have suffered with a bit of constipation on this diet, but have found that an Atkins day break bar helps a bit as it has 6g of fibre! These are great as they seem just like a cereal bar and help with my carb cravings. They are allowed as a snack on this diet - the australian CS forum has lots of advice on snacks and meal recipes.
Louise, I think you have to be careful which nuts you are eating as some eg cashews are too high in carbs. Hey, they don't mention this in the book do they?:mad: - I found this on the Aus forum.
The more I read about this the less informed I feel. Before I started the diet I thought it was pretty straightforward 2 shakes 3 pieces of fruit/small protein-and-salad type snacks and a meat-and-veg meal.
I now realise that it is much more complicated and we need to count carbs and fat and calories too! Frankly reading the aus forum it's like they are writing the diet plan as they go along!
Sorry for the rant here - you can't say anything like this on the cs forum they get snippy.
Anyway, enjoy your losses ladies and good luck at the next weigh ins.

MrsB.

Thanks for the advice Mrs B - I know what you're saying.... it seems easy to start with but are quite a few do's and dont's!! I'm having fruit more than nuts now - I was eating hazlenuts are brazil nuts really. Any - well done with your loss and good luck for this week. x

Hi that was great weight loss well done. I had couple days this weekend where I was not sticking to it 100%. The nuts are blow my favourite are cashews :-( if I eat fruit I am starving in 1/2 hour.

Back