My commitment to losing weight and keeping the pounds off

amzee26

Hello :)

My name is Amy, I'm 26 years old and in 5 weeks I will be going to Australia for a year. In 5 weeks I'd like to lose a minimum of 6 pounds!

I started the slimming world diet about 4 years ago and went from 13st 8 to 9st 5. It took me around a year to lose just over 4 stone as I kept losing weight then giving myself cheat days and then I'll gain some pounds back and the whole circle would start again. I came off the slimming world diet once I hit my target and remained lower end of 9stone. I now am 9st 11 and would love to see 9st 5 on the scales once again and actually remain there.

I thought I'd join minimins and start writing down my food as I feel I can't cheat this way. Plus I have made a commitment to myself that I need to do this and actually stick to it.

Here's to remaining on plan and writing down everything I eat eekk! Willpower please show yourself.

X

I started slimming world yesterday so here is yesterday's food.

Green day

Breakfast
35g of porridge oats (HEB)
Brooklea fat free coconut and vanilla
Banana

Lunch
Jacket potato and beans with cucumber and tomato

Dinner
Quorn mince with passata, onions, aubergines, courgettes, baby corn topped with sweet potato and 60g cheddar cheese (HEA)

Snacks
Ryvita salt and vinegar (2nd HEB)
Mint penguin (5.5 syns)
Orange

Total syns for the day = 5.5

Monday DONE!

Tuesday 14 October

Green day

Breakfast
35g porridge oats (HEB)
Banana
Brooklea fat free vanilla yogurt (1.5 syns)

Lunch
Left over sweet potato quorn mince with onions, baby corn, Aubergine, courgettes without any cheese from yesterday
Orange
Apple

Dinner
Jacket potato and beans with salad and a small salad dressing. It was a pub meal so I'm guessing 2 syns?

Snacks
Alpen light x 2 (HEB)
30g of cheese (HEA)
Milky Way (6 syns) - it was in a 6 pack

I'm also tucked up in bed with a liquorice twinnings tea ☕

Total syns for the day = 9.5

Tuesday done!

Liquorice tea is certainly different. Not sure whether I like it or not. I've got 19 tea bags to use up, maybe I can give them to the girls at work hehe.

Today I'm thinking of having a red day but it could be an extra easy day. I will update fully later.

Breakfast
35g porridge oats (HEB)
350ml skimmed milk (HEA)
Banana
Aldi frozen fruit

Lunch
Aldi tuna in brine
Lettuce, grated salad, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, peppers
Orange
Apple

Dinner
To be decided later. Maybe salmon with veg, or chicken. I'll get it out of the freezer and defrost it.

Happy hump day :)

Dinner was very random tonight, I went to the gym after work and then I'm meeting my friend at 8 so I put 2 cod plain fillets in the oven and I'm currently eating a onion and mushroom omelette using 3 eggs. I have had a tbsp of tomato sauce which I believe is 1 syn?

I'm willing my oven to hurry up so I can scoff my cod down and out the door.

Snacks
Alpen light x 2
30g of cheddar cheese (other HEA)
Depending on when I get home I'm hoping for a Milky Way and cup of herbal tea in bed.

Syns for the day - 7 syns if I have the Milky Way

Thursday 16 October

Green day

Breakfast
35g porridge oats (HEB)
Mint muller light
Banana

Lunch
Jacket potato with baked beans, cucumber and tomato
Apple
Orange

Dinner
Quorn sausages, may have 3 depending on syns. They are from a 8 pack.
Sweet potato mash
Carrots
Broccoli
Mushy peas
Random tea I know ha

Snacks
2 Alpen light (HEB)
30g cheddar cheese (HEA)

Depending on the syns of my sausages I might have a Milky Way but I'll see later.

I am enjoying my food more this week and I'm feeling so full after every meal. It is worrying though how much I'm eating and I am expecting to lose weight though. We'll see what happens on the scales on Monday morning eekk.

I remember feeling like this when I was doing slimming world a few years ago and thought surely I can't lose weight but I did so :p

Nearly the weekend yayy!

I'm sat on the sofa eating a bowl of frozen summer fruits catching up on homeland. I hope this season is better than the last one!

I have slimming world chips in the oven and I'll have 4 quorn sausages with them at 4 syns and mushy peas with a tbsp of tomato sauce (1 syn).

Dessert will be a Milky Way (5 syns) I've been over synning them :) it's a 21.5g Milky Way bar. I'm hoping it's 5 syns. Can anyone confirm this?

Friday 17 October

Green day

Breakfast
Banana
Muller light mini

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Orange
Apple

Dinner
2 quorn sausages (2 syns)
Sweet potato mash
60g cheddar cheese
Carrots
Brocolli

Snacks
2 alone light bars
Caramel dairy milk (11.5 syns)

Total syns for the day - 13.5 syns

So glad it's Friday!!

Friday 17 October

Green day

Breakfast
Banana
Muller light mini

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Orange
Apple

Dinner
2 quorn sausages (2 syns)
Sweet potato mash
60g cheddar cheese
Carrots
Brocolli

Snacks
2 alone light bars
Caramel dairy milk (11.5 syns)

Total syns for the day - 13.5 syns

So glad it's Friday!!

Fab food day!

I ended up having 3 quorn sausages tonight so a total of 14.5 syns.
After dinner I had a bowl of frozen fruit topped with some sprinkled sweetner. Delish!

Saturday 18 October 2014

Red Day

Breakfast
1 quorn sausage
2 eggs
Mushrooms
Fried tomatoes

Lunch
4 x Dark rye ryvita (HEB)
4 laughing cow lights (HEA)
Tuna
Apple
Banana

Dinner
I'm planning a 3 course slimming world meal for my man :candledinner:
Carrot, onion and leek soup to start
Beef bourguignon with swede mash (Found a recipe on the slimming world website) It's 1.5 syns per serving. I'm planning on putting it all in the slow cooker and hoping the best ha. Surely I can't go wrong following a recipe!
Dessert is going to be eton mess (I'm thinking the syns will depend on the meringues I find)

I would like to keep the day low syn if I can as I may have a glass of wine or two over dinner! Or I may opt for a gin and slimline tonic :)

If I can make my 3 course meal a success I will be a happy girly.. Me and cooking do not go hand in hand so wish me luck :giggle:

My breakfast changed to 35g porridge oats (HEB), 350ml skimmed milk (HEA), banana and cinnamon

Lunch was 4 dark rye ryvita (HEB), 4 laughing cow light blue, tuna, apple. Muller light inspired by Bali coconut with a hint of lime. Yum!

My dinner is in the slow cooker and I'm praying to the food gods that it cooks and tastes amazing !

My breakfast changed to 35g porridge oats (HEB), 350ml skimmed milk (HEA), banana and cinnamon

Lunch was 4 dark rye ryvita (HEB), 4 laughing cow light blue, tuna, apple. Muller light inspired by Bali coconut with a hint of lime. Yum!

My dinner is in the slow cooker and I'm praying to the food gods that it cooks and tastes amazing !

I'm sure it will be gorge! Sounds like you have a nice evening planned :)

Thanks Hun. I'm dubious that the slow cooker will actually work. It is smelling good so hoping it's taste good and we both don't get poisoned ha!

Back