Extra Easy My consultant things Beans are superfree !!!

Juliewoo

I started group on monday & durnign the new people talk the C was going through extra easy. A few times she mentioned baked beans as superfree, ie, having a big pile of SW chips, ham & beans. When I asked her, she said they were speed, & I said yes, but you've said they are superfree, are they? and she said yes!! I said I didn't thinkthey were & then she hesitated & said they were comning in & were going to be.

I think she was lying about that & really she doesn't know the plan very well.

I dont' want to go again as I think she's not very good.

I was going to e.mail slimming workd & ask them, does anyone know the e.mail?

xxxx

You can get the e mail address from the official SW website, I had a consultant once who said that the more exercise you did the more syns you could have! I reported her sorry backside straight away lol!

I've just had a look on the website and on the a-z list of free foods baked beans in tomato sauce has a green ss next to it (as well as h, f and free). Doesn't that mean it is super speed but only on a green day?

Well I've looked but can't see the e.mail on the sw website.

If anyone has it then that will be great, or point me where it is!

xxx

she's only human and perhaps was getting a bit confused and tongue tied. No-one likes to be told they are wrong.

Baked beans are superspeed and free on green.

I wouldn't worry too much - it's all in the book anyway. She's just made a silly mistake!

True, but if someone has questioned her and she realises she's made a mistake her job as a consultant is to correct that. If she still doesn't realise then she does need to be told and make this known to her group.

OP, I would go back to class and have a quiet word with your consultant and maybe go through your food optimising book with her. If she still thinks baked beans are super free then I would contact SW. You can find their contact details in the 'about us' part of the section, and then go down to the 'contact us' part.

I agree with you and I wouldn't email SW about it, I would also go through it in the book next week or just ignore it altogether. However my C often says things I don't agree with. I don't argue with her because I know I'm right ;-)

I think SW made a HUGE mistake having "superfree" and "superspeed". The names are too similar and so many seem to get them confused

You've got me Laddiesboy - I thought it was only veg & fruit that were superfree. Where did eggs enter the race?

Superfree used to be anything which was free on green and also free on red.

Now it means all fruit and vegetables, with the exception of potatoes, peas, broad beans, parsnips, sweetcorn and avocado.

Baked beans in tomato sauce = superspeed! I hate it when Cs make mistakes like that and then try to make it out as though you're the silly one! OK, we all make mistakes but it's not a crime to say 'oops, I'm sorry!' rather than 'yeah, that's what I said isn't it? No? OK, whatever' and then continue like they haven't done anything wrong! My C went on and on and on about this jelly that she told everyone was 4 syns and therefore it wasn't too much... then when I said 'I'm sure you said it was 0.5 syn the other day?' she said 'yeah well 4 syns, 0.5 syns, neither are that much are they?!'... :rolleyes: x

i think im confused.

doing extra easy iv been having loads of beans!!!

im doing it wrong.....

think i need to read my book again

i think im confused.

doing extra easy iv been having loads of beans!!!

im doing it wrong.....

think i need to read my book again

you are confused!

you can have loads of beans!!!

you're not doing it wrong.....

i think consultants need to read their books again ;)

edit: oh wait, unless you've been having them as your 1/3 sf? x

yes - thats wheat ive been doing..... sw chips beans and bacon
.............sw chip beans egg......

please explain.....super free - are free and will help weight loss...
super speed _ must be 1/3 of plate and are also free???

yes - thats wheat ive been doing..... sw chips beans and bacon
.............sw chip beans egg......

please explain.....super free - are free and will help weight loss...
super speed _ must be 1/3 of plate and are also free???

ouch... ok erm...

plate must be 2/3 free and 1/3 superfree. the 1/3 superfree is part of extra easy that is designed to help you lose weight. each food, be it free or superfree, is likely to have some kind of symbol next to it in your book...

maybe S, which means speed - and will help to speed up your weight loss. maybe SS, which means superspeed - like baked beans, melon (any variety except watermelon), strawberries etc, which superspeed up your weight loss. if you try and get a couple of portions of these in every day, you are expected to see a better loss.

there is definitely an overlap in the categories foods fall into, but the basic rule is that 2/3 of your plate must be free and 1/3 superfree. easiest way to do this is to make a salad!

i hope this helps, sorry if i haven't explained it right or if i've confused you - i just tend to do it without thinking these days... xxx

hi

thanks thats brilliant - i think its just the beans ive been doing wrong.....will you have a look at some examples for me??

some of the things ive had are :

jacket potato, tuna (extra light mayo synned), sweetcorn, onion, tomatoes

chilli - lean mince, passata, tinned tomatos, baked beans, kidney beans, peppers, mushrooms, chilli powder - with rice or JP

stir fry: pre pack value bag of stir fry, mushrooms, peppers, chicken/ prawns, soy sauce, egg noodles

what do you think??

thanks

Back