My Diary - 2013

Boooo :(

My recipe thread has been completely deleted :(
I had copied sum recipes from sw site for my own n other ppl's convenience but it breaches copyright. Fair enough... But ALL the recipes hav been deleted n I don't have ANY of them saved anywhere else :( Sucks

Aww thats piss! You'll have to start a new thread. I sure you'll remember some of them :(

Boooo :(

My recipe thread has been completely deleted :(
I had copied sum recipes from sw site for my own n other ppl's convenience but it breaches copyright. Fair enough... But ALL the recipes hav been deleted n I don't have ANY of them saved anywhere else :( Sucks

This site annoys me like that they could warn you so you could get some time to get them off!

I followed you on WW so here to follow on SW... Needed a change also after yoyoing up and down with WW for a year. xx

So.. Its Jono's 30th this year (in July) and I want to spoil him.. He made sure I had the BEST birthday EVER for mine (albeit with the help of Elaine) so I want to return the favour.. So I've started...

So.. Before we got the house he picked a pic of us and said he'd like to get it framed for our house.. Which we haven't done yet.. I don't want pics all over my house.. I'm not a pic person.. But anyway... (We'v got 2 done of Stringer) He likes to be different from everyone else.. imaginative I s'pose.. So.. I've gotten the pic of us, and sent it off to be made into a jigsaw puzzle pic.. Ordered late yeterday afternoon and its just arrived.. Already!!! Am delighted with it.. It looks great..& I like how I look in it which is very unusual..
So.. If any of you have any ideas for a 30th birthday gift for himself, pass them on.. As I'm at a loose end..
Am thinking of getting us a weekend in Manchester and hitting him with some match tickets n a tour of Old Trafford.. And I know he'll love that.. But I think he'll expect it too.. So this will be my fall back pressie if I can't think of anything else..

Was also thinking a holiday (he hasn't been away since 2010) but money is tight this year.. And altho I'd easily afford a holiday.. Its the spending that comes with it that's costly..
I thought of an iPad/tablet of some sort, but we both have laptops and iPod touches so its kinda pointless.. Altho I do think he'd like it.. So another maybe, maybe??

This site annoys me like that they could warn you so you could get some time to get them off!
I know,, Am gutted..
I can easily get the SW ones again as they're on the site but my own ones I'm raging about.. I don't have them saved anywhere else coz my laptop blew up :( (I poured 7up over it over Christmas and it was unrepairable)

Morning Hun!! I may have a couple of your recipes on my computer at home. Not 100% sure but will have a look tonight.
It's my 30th this year too!! In the middle of planning a party!

Have you thought about maybe just a long weekend away somewhere to keep the cost down? Xxx

oh love your birthday ideas, i will have a think about something else but im normally useless at buying presents for men!!! i once got an ex of mine the helicopter/small plane flight lesson. he loved it. oh what kinda cake are you gonna get made. i have cake on the brain as i sorted out our wedding cake at the weekend. i so cant wait to eat it :) you are doing so well on slimming world you will look stunning for his birthday in July, not that you dont look stunning now but you know what i mean :)

Morning Hun!! I may have a couple of your recipes on my computer at home. Not 100% sure but will have a look tonight.
It's my 30th this year too!! In the middle of planning a party!

Have you thought about maybe just a long weekend away somewhere to keep the cost down? Xxx
We'll definitely have a weekend away somewhere.. I know he'd love the football match things, as we'v been saying for years now (since being back together) we'd go, and haven't yet got round to it.. But I just think he'll expect that.. And I want to surprise him.. he literally blew me away for mine... So I want to do the same.. But he is IMPOSSIBLE to buy for...
oh love your birthday ideas, i will have a think about something else but im normally useless at buying presents for men!!! i once got an ex of mine the helicopter/small plane flight lesson. he loved it. oh what kinda cake are you gonna get made. i have cake on the brain as i sorted out our wedding cake at the weekend. i so cant wait to eat it :) you are doing so well on slimming world you will look stunning for his birthday in July, not that you dont look stunning now but you know what i mean :)
I haven't thought about cakes yet... He won't have any kind of get together/night out/party.. he's not that type of bloke.. So it'll probably just be a Superquinn gateau.. Tho I may change my mind closer to the time
All the things I've mentioned, I know he'll like.. But I don't think they'll have the affect I'm wanting...

Hey Hun

Right birthdays i have bought Steve the following:

1) Weekend away at a health spa for both of us! lovely!!!
2) Track day driving four different super cars
3) Crystal Palace (he supports them) Shirt with his name on the back
4) Tour around Wembley stadium
5) Engraved necklace
6) Ring

thats just a few big things i've bought for him for his bday's/xmas

xxxx

Hey Hun

5) Engraved necklace
6) Ring

xxxx
I used to work in Crystal Palace when i lived in Croydon for 10 years :)

So.. Its Jono's 30th this year (in July) and I want to spoil him.. He made sure I had the BEST birthday EVER for mine (albeit with the help of Elaine) so I want to return the favour.. So I've started...

So.. Before we got the house he picked a pic of us and said he'd like to get it framed for our house.. Which we haven't done yet.. I don't want pics all over my house.. I'm not a pic person.. But anyway... (We'v got 2 done of Stringer) He likes to be different from everyone else.. imaginative I s'pose.. So.. I've gotten the pic of us, and sent it off to be made into a jigsaw puzzle pic.. Ordered late yeterday afternoon and its just arrived.. Already!!! Am delighted with it.. It looks great..& I like how I look in it which is very unusual..
So.. If any of you have any ideas for a 30th birthday gift for himself, pass them on.. As I'm at a loose end..
Am thinking of getting us a weekend in Manchester and hitting him with some match tickets n a tour of Old Trafford.. And I know he'll love that.. But I think he'll expect it too.. So this will be my fall back pressie if I can't think of anything else..

Was also thinking a holiday (he hasn't been away since 2010) but money is tight this year.. And altho I'd easily afford a holiday.. Its the spending that comes with it that's costly..
I thought of an iPad/tablet of some sort, but we both have laptops and iPod touches so its kinda pointless.. Altho I do think he'd like it.. So another maybe, maybe??

I love my iPad and couldnt be without it!! My OH has a iPod touch and he prefers the iPad (Santa brought him an iPad mini for Christmas!) You can get them engraved on the back when you buy them from the apple store.

For my OH 30th last Friday I bought him VIP tickets to the Wales Vs Ireland match as he is a big rugby fan and then we had a booth in Tiger Tiger for after the match with his friends and their girlfriends. We are booked to stay in a lovely hotel then this weekend coming with a few spa treatments booked. I think the Old Trafford idea sounds fab and then you will get to have a little mini break then aswell! Manchester is awesome for shopping!! :) xx

Philly pasta carbonara

60g Pasta (3 points)
1 rasher bacon cut into stripes (1 point)
30 g Philadelphia Light (1.5 points)
1 Small egg yolk (1 point)
Half stalk flat parsley leaves picked and chopped (0 points)
50 ml vegetable stock (0 points)
Shavings of parmesan to garnish

Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
While the pasta is cooking fry the bacon pieces in a large pan, add the veg stock and simmer for a few minutes till the liquid is reduced by half.
Beat together the Philly and the egg yolks in a separate bowl. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the hot pan, add the bacon and stir through, add the philly and egg mixture and stir through well to combine everything.

Serves 5 people
Prep time 25 minutes
Cook time 35 minutes

Philly Sausage & Bacon Potato Bake

Ingredients

5 Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages
4 rashers lean back bacon, cut into pieces
1 onion, diced
600g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
200g Philadelphia Light with Spring Onion and Black Pepper
120ml chicken stock
25g Cheddar cheese, grated

Instructions
Cut each sausage into bite-sized pieces. Fry along with the bacon and onion in a non stick pan for around 8 minutes, until browned.
Meanwhile cook the potato slices in a large pan of boiling water for around 8 minutes or until just soft. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
Put the Philly in a small saucepan with the stock and heat gently, until the Philly has melted. Season to taste.
Place half the sausage mixture in a greased oven-proof dish, layer with half the potato slices and cover with half the sauce. Repeat the process and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.

i found these that I'd copied and pasted on my iPad.

I used to work in Crystal Palace when i lived in Croydon for 10 years :)

my whole bf's family are crazy about crystal palace.....there's a game on TV on Friday night and they are all coming to ours to watch it!! lol dreading it!! they all shout so loud and get so uptight when palace are on!! xxx

also i would say ipad/ipad mini are fab!!! i have iphone too and so does bf but we both still use the Ipad everyday when we are at home xx

my whole bf's family are crazy about crystal palace.....there's a game on TV on Friday night and they are all coming to ours to watch it!! lol dreading it!! they all shout so loud and get so uptight when palace are on!! xxx

in all my time there i never went to a match or saw one on tv even though i drove past the grounds every single day.

Hey Hun

5) Engraved necklace
6) Ring

xxxx
He wouldn't be into a spa weekend at all.. jersey's I think come out after his birthday!!! The tour will be with the match ticket if that's what I go for.. And he wouldn't wear jewellry.. I've bought him 2 watches already since being back together so i think I've worn that one out :D
I love my iPad and couldnt be without it!! My OH has a iPod touch and he prefers the iPad (Santa brought him an iPad mini for Christmas!) You can get them engraved on the back when you buy them from the apple store.

For my OH 30th last Friday I bought him VIP tickets to the Wales Vs Ireland match as he is a big rugby fan and then we had a booth in Tiger Tiger for after the match with his friends and their girlfriends. We are booked to stay in a lovely hotel then this weekend coming with a few spa treatments booked. I think the Old Trafford idea sounds fab and then you will get to have a little mini break then aswell! Manchester is awesome for shopping!! :) xx
Never thought of having it personalised.. That's a good idea.. But again, am not sure about it.. I know he loves playing with his niece's tablet but its a bit of an expensive handheld games console innit?! lol

Philly pasta carbonara

60g Pasta (3 points)
1 rasher bacon cut into stripes (1 point)
30 g Philadelphia Light (1.5 points)
1 Small egg yolk (1 point)
Half stalk flat parsley leaves picked and chopped (0 points)
50 ml vegetable stock (0 points)
Shavings of parmesan to garnish

Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
While the pasta is cooking fry the bacon pieces in a large pan, add the veg stock and simmer for a few minutes till the liquid is reduced by half.
Beat together the Philly and the egg yolks in a separate bowl. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the hot pan, add the bacon and stir through, add the philly and egg mixture and stir through well to combine everything.

Serves 5 people
Prep time 25 minutes
Cook time 35 minutes

Philly Sausage & Bacon Potato Bake

Ingredients

5 Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages
4 rashers lean back bacon, cut into pieces
1 onion, diced
600g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
200g Philadelphia Light with Spring Onion and Black Pepper
120ml chicken stock
25g Cheddar cheese, grated

Instructions
Cut each sausage into bite-sized pieces. Fry along with the bacon and onion in a non stick pan for around 8 minutes, until browned.
Meanwhile cook the potato slices in a large pan of boiling water for around 8 minutes or until just soft. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
Put the Philly in a small saucepan with the stock and heat gently, until the Philly has melted. Season to taste.
Place half the sausage mixture in a greased oven-proof dish, layer with half the potato slices and cover with half the sauce. Repeat the process and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.

i found these that I'd copied and pasted on my iPad.
Thanks hun :) I printed the philly carbonara one only the other day so have that.. Delighted to have the sausauge & bacon bake tho :)

Back