My Diary! I wll be back soon!

DecemberBride2008

Needs to succeed
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

I don't know where to start really. My name is Carol, and I started calorie counting on Monday. I have a lot of weight to lose, and am feeling very motivated at the moment. Over the last couple of years, I have been on all sorts of diets, but haven't done anything about my weight for at least a year, and surprise surprise, the pounds have started adding up! :cry:

I am the biggest now that I have ever been, and feel very sorry for myself. I'm hoping that the help and support of this group will keep me on the straight and narrow.

In July, I have a friends wedding, and would love to lose some weight for that, and then in December I'm hopefully going on holiday, so less weight would be fantastic! :)

I have been sticking to under 1400 calories, is that okay, or is it too many calories to be eating?

Also, I've started walking lots, and walk in my lunch break. Where I work is on a steep hill, so I have no choice but to walk up a hill at some point, even if it does kill me! lol

Good Luck to you all!

Carol xx

welcome to cc carol, hope you enjoy your time on here, their are lovely people over here.

xx

hello:) good luck with your cc it doas work and if you keep a it you`ll change your life forever.

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

So far everything is going well. CC is really good, it really makes you think about what you're eating. I needed a quick meal earlier, and was going to have noodles, but I looked at the back of the packet, and they were 260+ calories per half pack! :eek: I would have eaten the whole pack before without even thinking about it!

Instead, I had 2 slices of toast with flora light and half tin baked beans which keeps me within my calories :)

I really do have a lot to earn, and need to find some low calorie alternatives to my usual food.

What do you all usually have for breakfast?

Speak soon

Carol xx

Hi and welcome! I think CC is great! and I think 1400 calories sounds about right. good luck x

i've discovered a whole new life with brekfast, you can get so much for less calories.

2x nimble bread = 96
1 tin mushroom = 30
baked beans =150 depending.
or
dry fried eggs, low fat sausages and toast 300 and under.

oats and milk - 200 for a good amount.

2 egg omlette with onions and pepper and a sprinkling of cheese - 250

30g special k and skimmed milk under 200 cals.

cottage cheese and pineapple on cracker bread.

got lots more, think i will open up a breakfast thread and see how we get on.

Thank you both for the replies.

Starting a breakfast thread is a great idea. It's always good to see what everybody else eats. Thanks for the tip about nimble bread. Our current bread is 95 calories a slice, so I'll definately be changing that!

Carol x

Good Morning Everyone!

So far so good today. I know it's not yet 9am, but I'm feeling very positive for the day.

I didn't get much exercise done yesterday, so will use that as my rest day, and will do more today. I really can't face going to the gym at the moment, so do you think that walking is enough exercise?

Good Luck today everyone.

x

Walking is great exercise, especially if you're just starting off. Anything that gets you hot and sweaty is my rule!

I get stuck for ideas for breakfast too. I get bored of 'breakfast foods' so I've got a marinated chicken breast in the oven lol. Don't have a clue what I'll have with it!

Good luck to you. :)

Hi Littleone,

Thanks for the reply.

I really enjoy walking, so that is good, I just hate all the steep hills around here!

I hope you find something nice to have with your chicken lol.

Take care x

hi carol,

thank u for your supporting words on my post, much appreciated! u and i are of a simular build so i would suggest to u that u have 1200-1400 cals per day as i do and if u exercise loads u can afford to go a little more to maybe 1500 cal mark. u really dont want to go any lower as your body will slow down. u need to keep it functioning so drink plenty of water, make good food choices that will allow your cals to go further, plan your meals and enjoy what u are doing rather than see it as a diet. do fun things for exercise too and ul lose weight and not feel like u are missing out or trying too hard, ul find it very rewarding and easy to follow.

hope iv offered u some good advice, it helps me no end! and the guys on here are fab!!!!

good luck xx

Hi Everyone,

I had a good day yesterday, and used my will power quite well lol.

I went for lunch with colleagues, and while they were having ice cream and chocolate etc after lunch, I just ate my lunch, and had some water, and it didn't even bother me. :eek: I just kept adding the calories up in my head, and realised that it wasn't worth it :)

Let's hope for another good day today.

Good Luck to you all

xx

Thanks Tamzy.

I didn't know I had so much will power lol. I even just said no to a cup cake :D

Going for a walk lunch time, I'm dreading it though, because there are some very steep hills involved!

I'll let you know how I get on.

x

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on since Friday, so will catch you all up on how I've been getting on.

I did the walk on Friday, and was really happy with myself, the walk was hard going, and the hills were steep, but I managed it, and hope to do it again this week. :) Also on Friday, I said no to cake, which is a huge thing for me lol.

Saturday I spent in the garden, it was just so hot! I made good food choices, and even had enough calories for a little treat, so I had a feast ice cream!

Today has been really good. I've been for a 4 mile walk, and have stuck really well to my calories.

Also went to the supermarket today, where I found Caesar dressing spray, which is only 1 calorie per spray. It was really nice, and at 1 cal per spray, you can't go wrong.

So the dreaded WI is tomorrow, fingers crossed that I've lost something.

Hope you're all doing well.

Carol x

Back