My Diary - JCH's slimdown to 40!

Thanks Jim, I'll have a scout on Amazon to see if I can find it. I'll see how it goes this week and if no movement, might up the carbs at the weekend to try and trigger me again, then see if I can get the old version of the book for next week.

Morning jayne,

I found mine at a car boot sale love. I'd send it to you but I loned it out years ago and can't remeber who to.

I've found a copy online, only £3 bargain, so its on its way. On a good note I've dropped the 2lb I gained last week and also another 1lb, which has really confirmed I need to be patient and accept that I may gain occasionally for whatever reason, then it starts to go again :D Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi jayne. Good to hear:). Have a good weekend:)

That's great Jayne... I have had to learn patience ... And find that really hard at times :)

Morning Jayne, that's good to hear love :)

Evening all, what a week! Jim block your eyes for a sec, need to discuss 'women's troubles'. Has anyone else suffered with heavy monthly's whilst on the diet? I don't have them usually, as I have the implant in, so I've had a shock this week, as had a really bad experience all week! Been in agony and the inconvenience has been horrendous. However, the whoosh fairy has also been and taken a couple of pounds off. Is the weight loss related to this? Anyone else have more regular monthly's on this diet and does it settle down?

Hi Jayne,
Yes low carbing does seem to cause heavy/early/long periods. And yes you often get the wooshie fairy after a totm smaller loss or stall. Some debate that any fast weight loss can cause this as the fat tends to dump hormones as it's released. Basically a bit of pain but does stop after a month or two. Although if regularly cheat then going back on strict induction seems to trigger again.

So hang in there, live with it for a bit and enjoy losing weight:)

Morning Jayne, Oh don't worry love, I've heard it all before :)

Thanks for the advice Katie, makes sense now, so I'll hang on in there. WI tomorrow so will update the official loss then. As they say 'no pain no gain' Hope everyone has a great weekend, its bbq weather again!! :D

Good luck with the WI :)

Hi Jayne, hope the wi went well:)
Are you out enjoying the sunshine:D
Xx

Hi all, another 2lb gone :) what a lovely day it was yesterday, but rain here in Chorley today, so my OH taking me to the cinema later and then to pizza Express for a Pollo salad.

Wow! Well done Jayne! :)

Well done Jayne, you're doing really well:D
Xx

Morning Jayne :)

Morning Jayne, well done there love

Hi all,

I've been away on a nice break to Berwick in Northumberland for my wedding anniversary and have to be honest and say I slipped off the wagon and had alcohol and quite a few carbs, which to my cost has resulted in a gain of 6lbs. I was prepared for the gain though and not letting it get me down. Infact its proven to me that I can't go back to my old ways of eating and Atkins is for life, so I'm actually looking forward to getting back in ketosis this week and starting from scratch to give me the boost that I needed, as I felt I'd been stalling for quite some time, so this may give me the kick start I need to get back on track.

The strange thing was that although I enjoyed the alchohol, I actually didn't like the taste of bread, chips and biscuits and they did nothing for me. I can honestly say I have not missed them and I won't be tempted to try them again, as I know now that I don't enjoy them and they just make me gain the weight back. So happy days and looking forward to getting back on track.

Have a good week everyone :D

Welcome back:). Sounds like a good time - and if you get clean and green should shift it in no time
Xxx

Back