My Diary...

aww leeds you sound really down hun, hope things improve for you soon. are you a mum? if so why dont you let your kids spoil you on sunday and pamper yourself with a nice bath and lovely creams and then start your diet again on monday. things will get better, and dont forget you have done most of the hard work now.xx

day 70 - as i suspected. STS this week, no loss and NO PERIOD. god i am so PMT'd at the moment. down one minute and incensed the next. need my period for my sanity and to lose some pounds! day off for mothers day tomorrow which is not gonna help and then seriously need to think of moving up the plans as it seems my body has started to rebel and is holding on to those pounds like they are the crown jewels!!

day 71 - back on shakes. decided not to have a full day off and to have 2 shakes, loads of water and then a small healthy snack at night that my kids are gonna make me for mothers day. think its gonna be something easy like cheese on wholemeal toast. am not hungry at all so why waste a day and eat crap. my tastes have changed so much since doing CD especially in the last 3-4 weeks. when i have a day off i eat hardly any crap and dont feel the need to eat when i am not hungry. sure my tummy has shrunk inside too as can only eat half of whati used to and i love drinking the water now too which is great. water is one habit i am gonna keep with me forever. my skin looks amazing.

so, it wasnt a good week last week and i cant blame all the stress i had going on, but in a way i am glad that i STS as losing would only make me think 'oh, i can cheat and still lose something'. STS has been a wake up call and really geared me up for this coming week. determined to lose. also gonna go slow on the exercise as think this is holdign up my losses so might take a bit easier for a few weeks. if i dont lose next week then will deffo have to move up the plans or re-assess! wish me luck for this week girls as i need it to be 100% perfect otherwise i will be heading for meltdown!

oh, and officially on week 11!

Hi lovely,

On on to week 11. Go Leeds go! I bet you know but you really should have 3 packs to get all your vitamins and minerals. Lecture over though. I agree about you cutting down on the exercise. Fingers crossed for a good loss this week. x

day 71 - lawyer, you are right. i dont know where my head is at the moment. i am not lying when i say that it is all over the place. i totally forgot about my last shake, i had 2 shakes and then some wholegrai tea and toast made by my kids. felt bad about that too but it was supposed to be a full day off so i cant make myself feel too bad. having a really bad time at the moment. i keep thinking its really bad PMT as i have not had my tom yet, but i think it may be worse than that. i feel really low and have been struggling for a few weeks now. maybe i should come off CD for a while and see how i feel, but i know this will make me feel worse. i am hoping i feel better this week i really am as its not fair on my family.

i dont mind being on cd and losing 1lb a week but being on it and losing nothing seems so expensive and silly. see? its thoughts like these that make me feel worse. anyway, not gonna dwell on the negatives. i dont care if i lose a pound a week and only 4bs a month i am gonna stick to cd as long as it takes me to get to goal. i have no vices, i am currently not eating out, drinking, dont smoke, dnt shop etc so dont feel bad about the money i am spending on cd. this is for me!

there prep talk done for today and one litre of water down too. thanks for your kind words lawyer, they really help and its so nice when i log in and see someone has taken them time to respond to my diary. so, onwards for me in this week 11.

See I couldn't do the on/off diet plan with Cambridge because not eating food and just losing one lb every week would get to me. I also feel crap getting into ketosis so would hate to keep repeating that.

I don't mean that as a criticism because if it works for you, then great but I don't see how the struggling is doing much good for you and that alone must be getting you down. (((Leeds)) And if there's something else going on you need to get that sorted.

This diet only works for me when my head is in the right spot. Sometimes the diet helped me get there but like last week, I knew I'd had enough. My new plan is good now. I have much more energy, can kickbox and I'll still get a good enough loss and can still enjoy some food.

Last edited:
what plan are you doing? you are right. from now on its ss all the way for me and on sats i will be doing ss+ with a proper dinner of chicken and veg. need to see if that makes a difference

I'm doing 1000 and a bit. A dearest friend that I met through Cambridge made a plan for me. It is faster than normal steps because of the move but this week when I take my exercise calories from my food calories, I have about 800 calories next week is higher and so on.

Friend and I did 810 the second time and loved it but I had slow losses this time on it. As a third timer I'd keep the calories consistent. SS+ during the week with 4 packs and milk and then food on the weekend.

I really wish you the best Leeds x

thanks LG. hope you can still visit my diary when you move.

another day another shake...yadda yadda yadda.

oh and still no period. have got some period pains so hoping today is the day. cd going well, no hunger at all and lots of water. cant believe i have been stuck on the same weight more or less for 3 weeks. my body has to give in at some point doesnt it? also, no exercise this week as think this may have hindered losses, so will see what happens this week. sometimes i think how much more can my poor body take? 3 kids, all manner of diets, exercise, then no exercise..... poor body!

if i sts or lose just 1lb this week then i have to move up the plans as it does look like cd is no longer workig for me. would hate to do this but what else can i do? i am being 100% most days and even on the days i eat its usually protein foods. right, gonna put some pressure on and tell my body that it has to lose at least 3lbs this week...

eeek..... and only 4 more days to lose it!!!!

i have added a signature to my posts to remind me of my losses and to try and encourage me to stick to 100%. lets see if it works...

hi me again. wow, 3 posts in one day! thats how much i rely on this forum. well, just came on to check that my diary had been moved to ths forum. it used to be in the returners forum but its too quiet there so i asked the wonderful KD to move it and she did. thanks KD.

anyway, wanted to also report that i have big news......... TOM HAS ARRIVED!!! i know i have done everyone's head in about ths, but i was almost on the verge of giving up the diet. its here now and i am hoping that i will lose some pound before sat. having also put my losses in my signature has really helped as it has made me see patterns. i sts on week 5 and 10 and so it must take y body about 5 weeks to catch up and need a rest week (so to speak) so i feel much better about sts. last time i had a good 3lbs loss after a stall week so hoping for at least 2lbs this week. have been v v v good so far.

now i know i usually sts every 5 weeks i am gonna wait for TOM to lessen and restart exercise. anyway, its nice that i am finally on this forum and hope to have more replies to my entries now..

cripes leeds i didn't know exactly how much you are struggling. i think the hunger feelings are not exercise linked but your nibbling hun. i can honestly say this with conviction as last time i did ss i was exercising more than i am now (running upto 7 miles once a week and 3 miles the other 2 plus going to the gym twice a week) and it took me until i got a stone above my perfect bmi before i felt bad and needed to move to the 810 plan. i felt like i had no energy and i was so starving hungry i couldn't cope and i wasn't cheating or anything.

try not to nibble as it's really not helping things. stay away from carbs if you need to eat.

exercise wise you can put your training back in as it's the cross trainer etc also think about some strength exercises to build muscle as it's more efficient at fat burning and will give you a learner look quicker. don't go mad though. think 30 mins 3 times a week max.

thanks for the help great things. you are completely right, i have been hungry and then nibbling and then making myself hungrier. its a vicious circle. this week i have been 100% ss and can say that it is SO much easier as have had no hunger pangs at all. must remember these struggles next time i think of biting leftovers. these past few weeks i have felt low and sometimes been nibbling out of frustration and anxiety.

so day 74 - started my TOM and now the scales are moving. the bloat is receding too and so is my mood a bit. CD is v easy this week, think ths is because i have not been nibbling at all. feeling more positive about everything and trying to really get positive thoughts in my day. last night was the first time in a LONG time that i actually believed myself i could get to goal. my goal is 10:10 and last night i thought 'sod it, i can o better than that'. i set my goal highish cos i didnt want to fail by setting a low goal and cos i never thought i would actually lose thr weight. now i am feeling better i actually feeling like going for my lower goal.....

anyway, gonna have a good day today and stay positive and 100%. my day off on sat WILL be a ss+ meal. no more messing around. i now know that i want to get to goal fast and painlessly.

take care all.

eternal - where you been? good to see you. how are you getting on, you seemed low last time we 'spoke'. hope things are better and thanks for your kind words.

eternal - where you been? good to see you. how are you getting on, you seemed low last time we 'spoke'. hope things are better and thanks for your kind words.

Hello Leeds

I'm good thanks. Had a few problems with my daughter, then had a virus that left me with no energy and then training at work. With all of that going on.. I kind of slipped back up on the weight loss.

So, clearly.. I do need to get my self back into gear and hoping that today is the begining of that. Will be on here much more often now and keep on posting as that really helps me too. Roll on Summer, I say and bring on the bikini's ;) xx

Hey Leeds, chin up hun, you are doing a marvellously brilliant job! hehe wanted to use some big words for you :) and that is all I could come up with! Stupid blonde head doing my head in today, I'm in laa laa land and can't focus, but anyway, I wanted to say...

You've lost 22lbs in 10 weeks which is fantastic hun, your food demons seem to be getting better and thats half the battle. Fingers crossed for a good week for you.

xx
Stacey

Hurrah for TOM Leeds123! Glad to hear you sound as excited as me and raring to go. I'm the same with SS vs nibbling. I'm better when i'm SSing because my appetite does reduce. I'm also considering SS+ on weekend but hey as my my masterplan states "one day at a time". I'll decide then...

Hurrah for TOM Leeds123! Glad to hear you sound as excited as me and raring to go. I'm the same with SS vs nibbling. I'm better when i'm SSing because my appetite does reduce. I'm also considering SS+ on weekend but hey as my my masterplan states "one day at a time". I'll decide then...

Go.. A day at a time.. that sounds like good advice to us all ;) x

Back