My Diary

Today is the first day of my new journey.

I have six stone to lose.

I have started taking full and slim. It is a drink that helps you stay fuller for longer.
My doctor has given me a 3 month supply of Orlistat and he has given me a goal to lose 24 pounds.

I weighed myself this morning (16.02) and took some measurements.

Just had breakfast and popped my first pill.

My main goal is to be 10 Stone by Christmas.

I will keep my diary updated with my progress.

Gemma :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Hi well done on your first weight loss x How you finding Orlistat i have been taking them 4 weeks and everythings been great so far would love to follow your journey and share meal ideas etc x

Hi well done on your first weight loss x How you finding Orlistat i have been taking them 4 weeks and everythings been great so far would love to follow your journey and share meal ideas etc x

Hi, everything is going ok, only on day 4 but feel good. I am taking full and slim at the moment as well. It gently expands your stomach like a gastric band so you don't overeat. I have set a 1500 calorie limit at the moment

How much have you lost so far? x

i have lost 1 stone in 4 weeks and if i am honest i have had two nights out in that time and not taken the tablet that day at risk of side effects but got straight back on them the next morning x

i have lost 1 stone in 4 weeks and if i am honest i have had two nights out in that time and not taken the tablet that day at risk of side effects but got straight back on them the next morning x

That's a great loss, well done :) x

Brilliant well done x

Last edited:
Second week down and it has not been a good week :( Basically I have put on all the weight I had lost :(
Decided to put a cross through last week and start again.
My weight this morning is 15.13.

:)

Second week down and it has not been a good week :( Basically I have put on all the weight I had lost :( Decided to put a cross through last week and start again. My weight this morning is 15.13. :) Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh no honey what happened??? Xx

Thinking about trying the 5:2 diet, heard some great things about it, has anyone had any success?

Thinking about trying the 5:2 diet, heard some great things about it, has anyone had any success? Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's what I'm doing now (although I did 4:3 last week) & it's working for me but unlike a lot of people on their non fast days I still count & stick to under 1500 but that's only cos I'm so close to goal again & think if I ate what I wanted the other days I wouldn't lose! My mum did 5:2 last year & lost a stone (she is only 4ft 10 & weighs 8:8 now) & apart from the holiday gain she has kept it off. All she does now is a few weeks back on it to lose the holiday weight. I'm hoping for me when I get to goal one fast a week will make me maintain

It's what I'm doing now (although I did 4:3 last week) & it's working for me but unlike a lot of people on their non fast days I still count & stick to under 1500 but that's only cos I'm so close to goal again & think if I ate what I wanted the other days I wouldn't lose! My mum did 5:2 last year & lost a stone (she is only 4ft 10 & weighs 8:8 now) & apart from the holiday gain she has kept it off. All she does now is a few weeks back on it to lose the holiday weight. I'm hoping for me when I get to goal one fast a week will make me maintain

Sounds like it is really working for you :)

Do you have set days that you fast?

How do I work out how many calories I can have on my non fasting days? :)

I was giving the 5:2 diet a try and counting on the up days too but struggled a bit too much on the fast days so I'm now just doing calorie counting and taking Orlistat. It does work well though if you stick to it properly.

Sounds like it is really working for you :) Do you have set days that you fast? How do I work out how many calories I can have on my non fasting days? :) Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I fast on a Monday & a Wednesday as due to work & no exercise those days (I struggled with the gym on fast days last time) it's easier for me. I looked at what mfp said I should have daily to lose 2lb a week, then I multiplied it by 7 for my weekly took off the cals on my fast days & divided the remainder by 5. They say you can eat up to your tdee/bmr but I can't psychologically feels like I'm out or control...

So mine looked like this

1200 x 7 = 8400 weekly
Minus 2 x 500 fast days = 7400
7400 split over 5 days = 1480

But orlistat does work if you use it properly, it's what started my journey & I know at the beginning I couldn't have fasted I would have spiralled out of control x

Back