My Diary

Rikimaru

Welcome to my weight loss diary :)
I'm a 32 year old male, BMI 43
January 2019 I weighed 14 stone, today I weighed in at 22 stone exactly
So I've basically put on half a stone every month for 16 months
I can't believe this has happened, this is by far the heaviest I have ever been in my life
The physical effects of putting on this much weight are massive
Everything is difficult now, even getting up out of a chair takes effort
I've also developed acid reflux, not sure if it's because of the weight gain or diet or both
It's not good for the mental health either, I feel very self conscious every time I leave home now because of my weight
My diet has been extremely bad, most days bingeing on junk food and fast food
I am actually a very picky eater, always have been. I can't eat vegetables
I don't really have a solid eating plan
For now the plan is, 2 slim fast milkshakes (450cal) and a whole cooked chicken (unsure of calories)
I'm also going to drink plenty of water and take a multivitamin and fish oil capsule every day
I will probably keep tweaking the diet as I go along
The main thing is to keep the calories low and no rubbish
Also I'm going to be more active
I'm planning to lose the weight asap, no messing about
My goal is 12 stone, so I've exactly 10 stone to lose
Thanks for reading :)

Your making the right decisions at the start of your journey.
the cravings should start to subside in the first week,
The thing that helped me at the start was not to make a lot of changes too quickly as it’s a total lifestyle change and it can take abit of time to get used to it.

We are hear to help so if you find anything difficult or just want to moan it’s okay.

You are going to do really well and in no time the pounds are going to be flying off of you!

Welcome to MiniMins Rikimaru😊

Well, it looks like you have given this a lot of thought and are already on a journey to a slimmer you.

I find it very easy to put on weight also and as a result once again back to the old grind of losing it...my acid reflux stopped when I stopped the rubbish...hopefully you will find the same.

I am doing a similar plan to you and hoping to lose five stone by Christmas.

I hope today went well for you.

Your making the right decisions at the start of your journey.
the cravings should start to subside in the first week,
The thing that helped me at the start was not to make a lot of changes too quickly as it’s a total lifestyle change and it can take abit of time to get used to it.

We are hear to help so if you find anything difficult or just want to moan it’s okay.

You are going to do really well and in no time the pounds are going to be flying off of you!

Thanks a lot mate
Yes I totally agree, small changes are the way, that's why I'm not putting any exercise goals yet, just being more active for now
One step at a time, One day at a time :)

Welcome to MiniMins Rikimaru😊

Well, it looks like you have given this a lot of thought and are already on a journey to a slimmer you.

I find it very easy to put on weight also and as a result once again back to the old grind of losing it...my acid reflux stopped when I stopped the rubbish...hopefully you will find the same.

I am doing a similar plan to you and hoping to lose five stone by Christmas.

I hope today went well for you.
Hi Mini :)
Are you doing a high protein diet too?

Well that's day 1 and I've done well
2 SF shakes and a whole chicken and 500ml water
I buy the cooked chickens in tescos hot food counter, it's handy, as the chickens are spit roasted and cooked to perfection
I'm not into cooking at all :)

An advantage I have is that I never eat much early in the day so if I get the chicken about 4 or 5pm I'm ready for it and it's very filling

Being this heavy is tough, I find that if I'm on my feet for anymore than 10 minutes my lower back becomes sore and I have to sit down for a while
My fitness is at the absolute lowest it has ever been, by far

I come up with a small motivational idea, for every lb I lose I am going to buy a bottle of washing up liquid, because it is the same weight (450ml)
It will be nice to see them build up and knowing that is how much I have lost, and throw them in a bag every now and then and think I was carrying this weight :)

Hi Mini :)
Are you doing a high protein diet too?
I started last Friday cutting down on my carbs using Fulfil bars and a lowish carb dinner.

My full order from Exante has now arrived, so I will use the bars and shakes instead of the Fulfil bar has they have more vitamins and minerals. I will (I hope) to cut out dinner perhaps a couple of times a week and have a shake or bar instead...for now this is the plan...I will take it one day at a time.

Lol that’s awesome with the washing up liquid soon you will have a wee shop going 😂

I also get hunger pangs but definitely not as much as I used too. They will become less often the longer you are doing this.
Your brain is just used to a lot more food so it’s going abit crazy lol. But you got to kick it in the butt and it will get easier as time passes.

I know you don’t like cooking but Egg whites are awesome low calorie and high protein make a wee omelette or just boil eggs and take the yolk out.

Hi 😊 It sounds like you’re getting off to a fab start!

I’m nearly 4 weeks in and have stopped having the bad acid reflux So hopefully yours will go soon too.

I find it best to take each week at a time and have small goals to work towards. It feels more achievable that way. I also agree with @Strawberry Madness about not making too many changes too quickly. It makes it more manageable and less overwhelming 😊

I hope you are getting on ok.

Back