My diet diary

Beki

Gold Member
Started atkins on saturday and i can't remember what i ate lol, but i stuck to it religiously. So i'll write what i ate yesterday and today and hopefully if i'm going wrong somewhere then maybe someone can point me in the right direction? :eek: :D

Sunday -

Brunch - 60g cheese, half an avocado and 80g smoked salmon

Dinner - 2 chicken thighs and 1 chicken drumstick cooked in 1tblsp soy sauce, 1 tblsp lemon juice and 2 tblsp olive oil, 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 yellow pepper, 4 mushrooms, 1/4 of a courgette.

Snacks - 30g cheese, 25g smoked salmon, 3x coffees made with single cream

Monday -

Breakfast - 3x chicken thighs (leftover from last night's dinner) with some of the pepper, mushrooms and courgette

Lunch - half an avocado and 100g smoked salmon

Dinner - (will be) steak, 2x cups broccoli, and a sauce made from 2tblsp single cream, salt, pepper, and a tblsp lemon juice. 30g cheese grated over the top of the broccoli.

Snacks - (not sure yet?) but 3x cups of coffee made with single cream

Thank you! :D xx

Hi Beki, welcome:)

thanks! i'm finding atkins relatively easy so far. i've been so badly craving things like biscuits though, but have quite easily talked myself out of it because of kicking myself out of ketosis. i suppose that's another good thing abotu atkins, that just one slip can whack you out of kilter for a couple of days, so it makes you wonder if that one biscuit is reeeeally worth it or not? lol :eek:

welcome hun, your doing great! loving your menu. keep up the gd work you will soon forget about your cravings xxx

thank you! :D

today's menu -

breakfast - 3x scrambled eggs with 1tblsp butter and 1/2 a tblsp single cream

lunch - 1x tin of tuna with 1/2 a cup of diced cucumber, 1 cup of lettuce, 40g grated cheese and 2tblsp mayo

dinner - shallow-fried whitebait on a bed of creamed spinach (1 tin of spinach with 1tblsp cream and 1/2 a tblsp butter, salt and pepper) with mushrooms

snacks - 30g cheese, 1/2 a tin of tuna with mayo, 3x coffees with cream

today's menu -

breakfast - 2x cheese strings

lunch - prawns, smoked salmon pate (checked ingredients and only 1.3g carbs per 100g), half an avocado, 1/2 cup of diced cucumber

dinner - chicken curry with 'miracle rice' (the shirataki 'rice' that's 2 carbs for the entire pack). the chicken curry will be made with 3 chicken thighs, 1tblsp olive oil, 1 cup mushrooms, 2tsp curry powder (is this ok as i can't find the nutritional info on the pack?), 2tblsp cream. also served with a cup of shredded lettuce.

snacks - 3x cups coffee with cream, 60g cheese, sugar free jelly

hello and welcome.
wash away any cravings with your water.
xx

hello and welcome.
wash away any cravings with your water.
xx
Hi there beki, well done on your journey so far. You've done brilliantly and should be very proud. It's day 3 for me and it's so good to see a fellow newbie :). Your menus are delish.....I'll be popping over to steal ideas I think ;).

Hi Beki, have you got some vitamins to take? Chromium picolinate, potassium, magnesium and general multi vitamin is what I take plus 3 litres of water a day if I can manage it.

thanks all! :D no i haven't got any vitamins to take, i'll make sure i get some of those at the weekend, thanks! :) xx

today's menu -

breakfast - 3x scrambled eggs with 1tblsp butter and 1/2 a tblsp cream

lunch - smoked salmon pate, diced cucumber (1/2 a cup), shredded lettuce (1.5 cups), 40g grated cheese and 2tblsp mayo

dinner - home-made pork meatballs with 2 cups broccoli and a creamy lemon sauce over the meatballs (3tblsp cream, 1tblsp lemon juice, salt, pepper) and 25g cheese grated over the top

snacks - 1x cheese string, 25g cheese, 3x coffees

it's been exactly a week since i started atkins and i've lost 5lb!!! :D i'd lost 3lb of that by monday lol, so in the last 5 days i've lost another 2lb (went from 15st 13lb on saturday morning to 15st 8lb this morning). but considering i've been eating really well, i'm very very pleased! :D i'm not going to update my stats til monday night tho as my 'official' weigh-in in my signature is done in the evening at weight watchers, just to keep some continuity in my sig. but knowing i'm almost under 15st 7lb (true weight, not evening weight) is faaaab! :D

yesterday's menu -

breakfast - 3x scrambled eggs with 1tblsp butter and 1/2 a tblsp cream

lunch - 1 can of spinach with 1tblsp butter and 1tblsp cream, with 1 can of tuna mixed in. sounds awful but was delicious!

dinner - (very late, 11.30pm and i was staaarving and had to eat quick before bed lol) 1 sirloin steak with salt and pepper

snacks - 2x cheese strings, 3x coffees with unsweetened soya milk

Morning Beki

Sounds like you are rocking along great guns - well done on the week 1 loss.

And echo the comments about your menus, they are sounding great and you will never get bored! :)

Susie

thank you!! :D xx

i forgot to mention that i feel really proud of myself for last night.. i went to watch my best friend at the theatre (her first performance), and her husband came with me. we went to tesco beforehand to get some 'munch' for while we were watching it. he came out with a few bags of sweets and a bottle of full fat coke and i came out with a pack of cheese strings and a can of diet cream soda lol. i ate two cheese strings before we went in as i hadn't eaten any dinner, and then nothing else for the rest of the night until i got home at 11.30 and had some steak. he ate a big bag of sweets and when offered one, i politely said no thank you :D and while everyone else was drinking wine/coke in the intermission i went outside and got my diet cream soda out of my bag :D lol

me/atkins - 1
the old carboholic me - 0

;)

well i've been really good and stuck to plan the whole weekend, even though i didn't get a chance to post my menus. i get weighed tonight at ww so i'm hoping for a couple of pounds off since last monday :)

today's menu -

breakfast - cauliflower mash and 1 homemade sausage (leftovers from last night lol)

lunch - 3x scrambled eggs

dinner - roast lamb with salad (1/2 cup cucumber, 2 cups lettuce, 3x cornichons)

snacks - piece of cheese (40g), sugar free jelly, 4x cups coffee with soya milk

thank you! :D xx

Back