My diet food, do you think I will lose weight?

Im going to be having a bowl of this for breakfast, with soya milk
brekkie.jpg

And then a plate of salad for dinner with 3 small baked potatos.

dinner.jpg

Do you think I will lose weight if I eat this every day & ride my bike for atleast 30 minutes per day?
Or does the cereal have too many carbs?
I get in abit of a pickle with all this calorie, carbs thing I dont know which one to follow.

Hi Miss.

Is that all you're planning on having? What are the sauces on the side? and how many cals do they all add upto?

Are you seriously just having 2 meals a day? That looks to me like cottage cheese on the side, which is fine but really that does not look like enough calories. If you make it too tough then sticking with it will be more of a struggle. How about some fruit?

Oh yeah doh me thanks Barb me and my eyesight this morning! lol

I tend to have between 500 - 900 cals per day. I'm not supposed to go over 1000 as I'm on a followed diet plan.

When I did my last diet I snacked on fruit all day inbetween, then I read recently that its all full of carbs & its probably why I didnt lose any weight, so Im cutting out snacks all together.
Yes thats cottage cheese on the side.
I think it all comes to about 400 calories :(

400 calories is a dangerously low amount. Your body will go into starvation mode. If you want to go that low you might consider an proper VLCD that ensure you get al the nutrients your body needs. I don't mean to nag but that is just so scarily low that I feel really concerned for you. Fruit does have carbs and sugar but it also has vital vitamins. Special K is ok, but it is not enough to live on with just a plate of salad.

You need to have more protein. The cottage cheese you have there will not be enough to sustain you throughout the day and you'll end up feeling faint and dizzy.

Why not have some tuna?? chicken/turkey?? eggs ....

How much do you want to lose??

Miss I'll give you what I eat hopefully that will help I have lost 6lbs so far in one week.

aS LOW CARD PITTA BREAD AS i CAN FIND - Tesco value does one at 140 cals. Chicken breasts 180cals? extra extra light laughing cow cheese trianges, eggs,Weight watchers yougurts 50 cals per pot. flump marshmellows 50 cals.heniz baked beans snack pots 144cals.

Potatos 136 (medium baked) Hovis wheatgerm bread 53 cals.

So if I'm hungry for breakfast I'll have 30g branflakes 89 cals milk semi skimmed maybe 30 cals?

Lunch i either do a jacket with beans and i use the laughing cow cheese which is only 20 cals to mash up with the potato. Or i have pitta bread with beans and 2 scrambled eggs.

The other day I did a chicken breast no skin fried in the frying pan with fry light ( 1 cal per spray) I did some pasta drained the pasta and mixed in 3 laughing cow cheeses and mixed in the chicken add a bit of pepper and it was lovely the whole thing was about 340 cals.

What recipies do you have miss?

I read recently that its all full of carbs & its probably why I didnt lose any weight, so Im cutting out snacks all together.
Yes thats cottage cheese on the side.
I think it all comes to about 400 calories :(

Hiya :) The carbs in fruit is good. Along with carbs in wholemeal/seeded bread etc.

It's unlikely you would put on fat eating fruit.

I'm not surprised you felt hungry by the end of the day :( I would be starving!

You could do with following a set plan, or using something like weightlossresources to count your calories and make sure you are getting enough.

Dieting isn't about starving. You need a plan that you will be able to sustain.

Im a vegetarian so my choices are limited unfortunately. Also I dont eat eggs. I live on bread, rice, potatos & pasta usually, probably half the reason why Ive gotten into this mess.

That's ok you can still have bread, rice and pasta don't deprive yourself just count the cals and try things you wouldn't normally eat. Do you like yogurts?Personally I hate them but I'm trying to like them and so far the weight watchers vanilla and toffee are nice.

Im a vegetarian so my choices are limited unfortunately. Also I dont eat eggs. I live on bread, rice, potatos & pasta usually, probably half the reason why Ive gotten into this mess.

Nothing wrong with bread, rice, potatoes and pasta. It's what you put on them that causes the problem.

My fiance and eldest daughter are both vegetarians so I get use to cooking with protein that is not meat based. What about quorn, pulses, soya, cottage cheese, baked beans, nuts, seeds??

What vegeatables do you like?

It sounds like you are having a high carb diet, and you may need to adjust that to lose weight and eat healthily and have lots of energy.

Also if you don't change what you eat - but eat salads to lose weight - when you go back to eating
I live on bread, rice, potatos & pasta
then you'll undo all your hard work!

Im allergic to Quorn but I do eat soya meals. Ive found a nice readymeal in sainsburys that is only 320 cals. Its Mattar Paneer - curried peas & chick peas with rice & 4 little blobs of cheese.

--- Amy's Kitchen ---

Its nicer to eat than salad & potatos, would this be a better alternative?

Back