My dream it, plan it, do it diary :)

D'lashes

This is the first entry to my dream it, plan it, do it diary ..

I realise Im lucky to have my health, a gorgeous family (husband, 12 yr old daughter and 1 yr old son) a job and a roof over my head but I feel as if something is still missing.

Im 42 and not getting any younger .. I have so many unfulfilled dreams, and have decided to stop feeling sorry for myself whilst watching life pass me by and actually try and do something about it!

My weight problem is the biggest issue and I feel its really holding me back. Whilst on maternity leave I spent a small fortune re-training in various beauty treatments, and although I'm still in 'practise' mode I feel too 'frumpy and overweight' to really push myself to offer my services to the general public any time soon!

My weight also stops me from 'joining in' with anything and I have missed out on so much over the years .. parties, concerts, special occasions, nights out, swimming with the kids on holidays - I cant believe my daughter 12 and I have only been in a pool with her once!

I wavered between 12-13 stones for the last 7 years but since having baby a year ago put on another couple of stone taking me to around 15 stones - this is the biggest I have ever been and I sure as hell dont feel like I'm ready to embark on a new career in the field of beauty ( I'm not saying beauty therapists cant be big and beautiful - it just doesnt feel right for me and its more down to confidence than appearance!)

So I really need to lose this weight once and for all, my happiness and that of my family is in my hands, so with lots of planning, determination and dedication over the next 12 months I hope to finally realise my dreams - coz lifes too short!

goals over next 12 months

*lose 5-6 stones
*pass all my beauty case studies and feel confident enough to give up my pt time job to launch my lashes and nails business
*buy a size 12 swimming costume and take my daughter and baby son swimming!
*great work/life balance - lots family time
*good social life + regular 'dates' with hubby!
*pass driving test or at least be on the way
*move from a flat to a house with a garden for baby to play in
* trying my hardest to appreciate and enjoy my 'current' life whilst I take this journey!

Last edited:
thanks

thanks, lol .. tall order i know!
tbh this will easily be eachieved once i give up my part time job as health care assistant working 2-9pm to concentrate more on beauty which i can fit round the family .. currently on annual leave which i was forced to add to back of my maternity leave so have been doing lots of nails, and its been heaven fitting it around the kids :)

goals

mini goals 18th july - 18th sept

lose 1.5 stones
pass lash case studies
brow threading course
3 'dates' with hubby
3 family outings
decorate/improve flat
smear, dentist & eye test :(

Hello and welcome :)

you'll get lots of support on here, a diary is the best thing i've ever done, it keeps me on track!

You can type your goals into your signature, just click edit signature top right hand corner, and type anything you want :)

Good luck, i look forward to chatting with you!

Hey D'lashes, I'm doing all about w8. Rainbow's right about how to set your goals. You won't have much space to put in too many until you have done 50 posts and then you get a lot more. You keep going now till you get to your goals!!!.

I started doing my diary last week and like Rose said i find it really helpful as people can help motivate you and spur you on. Well done on setting realistic goals. That gives you something to focus on and feel proud of when you achieve them.

I'll look forward to following your weight loss journey. Good luck. xxx

day 1

day 1
planned to start slimming world before joining a group next week, but i soon realised i didnt have the right food in .. i would usually have thrown caution to the wind and ate like a pig between now and actually joining slimming club - but today i decided that its not end of the world, i will buy right food on friday in anticipation of joining slimming world next week and in the mean time will try and stick to around 1500 cals a day - today i achieved this, and must stay i feel proud of myself - i might not lose much weight but at least i'll maintain.
took a booking for a kids pamper party for 5th august, really pleased, this is my third booking of the month - however already starting to panic about what im going to wear, was planning to buy a beauty tunic but dont know how the sizes will work - i know im going to be feeling so self conscious sitting in someone elses house painting nails etc .. whilst everyone looks on, just want to look clean and smart - was thinking perhaps some linen trousers and a top i saw on my favourite auction web site - its black with 'i do nails' in diamantes and apparently as a size 18-20 im going to have to order the XL , oh well !!

day 1

thank you for your kinds words and encouragement :)

day 1
planned to follow slimming world from home before joining a group next week, but I soon realised i didnt have the right food in .

I would usually have thrown caution to the wind and ate everything in sight between now and actually joining a group, but today I decided that it was not the end of the world..

I will buy right food on friday in anticipation of joining slimming world next week and in the mean time will try and stick to around 1500 cals a day - today I achieved this, and must stay I feel proud of myself - I might not lose much weight but at least i'll maintain.

I took a booking for a kids pamper party this afternoon for 5th august, really pleased, this is my third booking for august - have decided to do these whilst I practise nail and lashes, however I'm already starting to panic about what im going to wear.

I was planning to buy a beauty tunic but dont know how the sizes will work, apparently they always come up small.

I know I'm going to be feeling so self conscious sitting in someone elses house painting nails etc .. whilst everyone looks on, I just want to look smart, confident and as if I know what I'm doing (all the while repeating my 'fake until you make it' mantra in my head, lol)

I was thinking perhaps wearing linen trousers and a top I saw on my favourite auction web site - its black with 'I do nails' in diamantes and apparently as a size 18-20 im going to have to order the XL , oh well !!

Last edited:
I started doing my diary last week and like Rose said i find it really helpful as people can help motivate you and spur you on. Well done on setting realistic goals. That gives you something to focus on and feel proud of when you achieve them.

I'll look forward to following your weight loss journey. Good luck. xxx

sorry been bit lazy and not yet read minimins tutorial yet, so how do i get to read your diary ? whats it called ? XX

Hi hun,

Well done on not caving into temptation before you join a class. I'd pig out too i'm sure if i was in the same situation. Sticking to 1500 calories sounds a sensible idea until you join.

Well done on getting the kids pamper party. What sorts of things do you do for that? Never heard of one of them before. The top sounds nice with some linen trouser and you have to be comfortable with what your wearing otherwise it will come across to your customers too.

LOL i don't think i ever read the tutorial either but used to post on pregnancy and parenting forums years ago when i had my dd so i am used to how they all work.

You can see my diary by going to http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/223460-here-i-go-again-will-i-do-time.html#post3850967.

xxxx

thanks rhibennett

I just go in and paint the kids nails, little bit of nail art, glitter tattoo - they all get to take part in a craft or activity whilst waiting their turn and I bring along lots of extras like feather boas, tiaras etc for them to dress up in - easy peasy really but when you're on the larger side, you always wonder what people will be thinking

I dummy ran a couple of parties for my daughter and her friends took loads of photos and tagged me in them on facebook - I was mortified, I hadnt realised how big I was (avoid full length mirrors, lol)

I'm not a vain person, but I do have confidence issues and I just didnt like what was looking back at me on the screen .. anyway, that was then and this is now

In fact, the title of this diary is from a 'life coaching' book that I highly recommend - its brilliant for getting you motivated, and they advise visualisation, ie. the end result, what you're aiming for .. the perfect you in your ideal setting, and mine was : Me setting off in my car (dont drive yet) to do a clients nails, wearing my cute little beauty tunic - happy, confident and enjoying my job that allows me lots more time to spend with the family

I currently work 2-9 as a health care assistant (or will be in couple weeks when my maternity leave finishes :( ) so not ideal for social or family life!

thanks for the link, I'll go and have a nosey - quite enjoying this, although must remember have housework to do, would be so easy to sit and read through everyones diaries, lol XX

Awwwww what a lovely idea for a party. I bet all the girls love them. I can understand why you would be wondering what people are thinking of you though but really it's whats on the inside that counts. I know i want to loose A LOT of weight but i would still much rather be bigger and be a nice person than a skinny size 8 with no personality who is also a b****!.

I hate the photo's i am in that people have uploaded to fb too or ones that i want to put in of the kids. I feel and look like a massive elephant!!! Like you i have confidence issues and it is drastically affected by my weight :-(

What a good plan to imagine yourself how you want to be. That gives you something to keep in mind and focus on. What a wonderful life you'd have too if you could give up your rubbish hours as a care assistant too and go into doing more parties.

Ha Ha to having to remember to do the housework. lol. I put mine off as much as possible lol.

If you've got any tips you can share with me after reading through my diary they would be most welcomed.

I hope you have a lovely day today :)

xxxx

day 2

day 2 : AM
started off well, with a healthy breakfast - didnt eat it as soon as I got up (as I usually would, lol) I tried to leave it until I was actually hungry!

have a nail appt at 3pm, feeling a little nervous - I know the lady, her sister in law runs one of the beauty salons in town so I feel as if she's going to be scrutinising my every move lol .. or perhaps thats just me being paranoid!

she's booked me because the salon doesnt do minx so feel flattered in a way as I know there are other salons in town that do

PM:

nail appointment went ok, although it took longer than anticipated and I was chatting away about a load of nonsense (nerves!) and forgot to do something (not major important) must try harder next time, lol!

received some sad news on my return, hubbys step dad passed away in the morning. he had been ill for some time, but it was still quite a shock. sadly we hadnt seen him for a couple of years, my husband and he were no longer that close, distance and family squabbles etc .. of course all the *regrets* are now surfacing, should have made more effort, should have visited more etc .. life really is too short, and it makes me even more determined to try and reach all my goals and try and live the life that I want

Foodwise, I'm giving myself a pat on the back - although I went over my calorie allowance by 200, I resisted the fish and chips my husband brought home at lunch time (he wasnt happy, lol!) and DIDN'T give myself a reward for doing the nails (usually buy myself a bar chocolate on way home from my appointments - why I dont know!)

Last edited:
Awwww i am sure the appointment will go well plus if the other salon her sister in law runs doesn't do what you are doing then she can't really compare your work.

Well done for starting the day well. xxx

joined a mother and baby club this morning - its only taken me 11 months lol
i felt really nervous when i first went in, but everyone was friendly and more importantly harry was having a great time .. felt a little bit guilty he's missed out so far, but we've joined now and i plan to join another so he can get to 'play' at least twice a week

brownie points for turning down a cup of tea and biscuit, I also walked there and BACK - which was a killer - all uphill but I felt better for it

however, I nearly had a mini binge fest when found out there was a mix up with my rota at work, theyve put me on when im supposed to be doing a kids party .. its too late to change it now, so will have to try and swap with someone - work related stress already, and ive not even gone back off maternity leave yet!

funny ive never noticed that i was a stress binger before, i know i binge out of boredom or for comfort .. but as soon as i found out theyd put me on the wrong day, i got all worked up and was pacing up and down talking to myself (yes, i know white jackets on their way) then the next minute found myself with the fridge door open looking for something to eat, didnt fancy a random slice of ham or 1/2 bag of lettuce (shopping day friday!) so opened the cupboards, nothing there either .. then came to my senses

just waiting for dinner to cook, and i shall sit down and eat it calmly with my daughter and try and work out what to do about the rota/party problem, but boy do i fancy a bar of chocolate right now!!! :)

Last edited:
Poor you - looks like your life is getting complicated - but fun too! I remember the first time I took my son to toddler group. I had left him in his buggy until I changed his baby sister, and he tried to stand up with his reins on. He fell flat on his face with the buggy on top of him. By the time we got to group the bruise was massive and people kept darting suspicious looks in my direction!

Back