My Dukan Diary

I had my steak and a side of salad leaves no dressing in London and was so proud of myself! It came with fries but i gave them all to my son. Everyone then had warm chocolate brownies and ice cream but i had a skinny latte instead. Very controlled i think and today i am another pound down!

When shopping yesterday though i realised that for 2 weeks i've been eating total yogurt not 0 % total, woops! I didn't realise there was a difference. Won't be doing that again!

Another 2 lbs this week. I know 20lbs in 5 weeks is excellent, but the 2lbs a week seems so slow considering i haven't cheated once, a first for me :)

Have stumbled across the transit problem since rhubarb season has finished so i need to find a replacement for that now :eek:

Mostly i am finding this diet really easy. I don't have cravings, i'm not hungry and i've faced so much temptation ( with having 2 children eating normally) but i haven't faltered. I did find roast dinner difficult tonight though. Not neccessarily the not having roast pots or yorkshire puddings, but not having gravey was so hard! My chicken and veg seemed so dry and i didn't enjoy it at all :(

However, it's all worth it as people are really noticing the difference in my weight, including myself. Clothes i haven't worn for years are fitting and it feels great :D:D:D

Try making the gravy with a bit of chicken stock cube, added to juices and thickened with a little cornflour. Dash of extra mixed herbs and garlic helps.

You made roast spuds and yorkies for the others? How kind are you! I don't think I could have! Still - I suppose if there are no weight problems in the family, "normal life" must resume for them at least. You're nicer than I am though!

I suppose you could have adapted your galette recipe for an individual yorkshire for yourself (using cornflour - tolerated 1 tblspn instead of flour...).

It's been ages since i updated my diary but i am still dukaning. On week 9 now and the only thing non Dukan to pass my lips has been alcohol on two occasions that was planned.
I am so pleased with my weight loss (31 lbs in 9 weeks) and i have no intention of stopping the diet any time soon. I really don't crave anything anymore, which is a big thing for me!
Over the last 2 weeks i have had so many compliments about my figure, some from strangers that have just noticed from the school playground, and it feels great. I have explained the diet over and over as people have wanted to know how i've lost the weight, and i know that at least 4 people are now Dukaning too:)

I still have a way to go, but it's less than half way and being six foot it actually doesn't show very much now. So thank you Dukan, in the last 9 weeks i have....

Lost 31lbs
Gone down 3 sizes in my work uniform
Fitted into clothes i haven't worn for 6 years
Re-gained my confidence
Gained a boyfriend :D:D:D
Stopped the binge, guilt, self loathing cycle
Had a smile on my face every morning :D

Hello! Wow that post was so positive to read! Well done on everything you have achieved.

I'm similar to you with regard to my loss. I've lost 38 pounds and been doing it 12 weeks now so it's good to see someone losing it at a similar rate if that makes sense? Let's me know I'm definately doing it right :)

It is brilliant getting compliments, I'm usually rubbish at accepting them but recently I'm basking in them haha.

So well done to you and keep up the good work! You will be at your goal weight in no time! And good news about the boyfriend! How long have you been seeing him? I actually have my first date in a long time today so I'm a bit nervous. Your post has helped me relax a little tho :)

Xx

Oooh a first date ;) Make sure you have loads of fun and most importantly be yourself. For the first time in years i feel i can be myself and not what others want me to be, because i now have so much more confidence.

I met someone a week ago so it's very early days but i'm having so much fun. What an ego boost :D He is the most gorgeous man i have ever seen, and before i thought he was completely out of my league, but now.........who knows??? :flirt2:

Good luck with your date, and enjoy it! Let us know how you get on :flirt2:

I know what you mean about thinking people are out of our leagues I think that all the time! The guy I like is in the army and he is FIT! Amazing! And I would never have thought he would be interested. To be honest i would have thought he was taking the p*** but he is interested and turns out he likes my body and it's shape. - though saying that he hasn't seen me naked haha.

Maybe men aren't as shallow as we thought lol.

Xx

Week 10 and another 3lb off :D I'm so pleased that the weight is still coming off at a good rate. In the last couple of weeks i have really cut down on dairy though as i was having way too much.

Still receiving loads of compliments and it feels great. After over 20 years of battling with my weight and diets i finally feel comfortable with myself. Sooo happy :D:D:D

Back