My Dukan diary

Hi Frenchfancy,

I am new to this, but I think a few people have mentioned there can be a little gain/no loss when you first start having veg again but this soon goes.

I know how horrible it feels though after previous good losses and following the plan just as you should. Stick at it and they will soon drop off again :)

Hi All

Well I'm 4 days into Attack and have lost 6lbs already! Very happy!

Hope you're all doing well

the scales have shown another gain today, so I have gained 0.9kgs in the last 3 days; but haven't been to the loo properly, so maybe that could be a reason why.
I have decided to try to cut my eggs & dairy consumption down to see if that helps get them scales moving downwards again.
Also I have not done the walking every day as I have been so tired. Have got the blood results back from my Dr, Thyroid is ok but have got far too many platelets apparently, so need to go in to see him. This can cause tiredness.
Anyway am off to market this morning to meet my friend, we do a bit of shopping then go for coffee for a natter.

I have decided not to weigh myself now until sunday as the little gains shown over the last few days have not been good for my moral; so staying away from the scales.
Went around the local lake this morning with hubby and the dog, then stopped for coffee and water. Really enjoyed it as the weather was beautiful.
Got back and got stuck into cake decorating for birthday cake due saturday morning.
All in all quite a bright and good day. Still enjoying being on the diet and starting to feel a bit better in my clothes.

That sounds like a good plan not weighing for a few days. I gained two pounds overnight a few days ago and was feeling very low. I suspect it was from eating smoked mackerel the day before but not sure.

I weighed this morning and was down the 2 pounds plus an extra .9. So I think I will start weighing once a week now, can't handle seeing an increase on the scales.

Well done you for losing so much in such a short time. Very envious.:)

Good idea, Ive been weighing myself every 2 days and so far so good. Think weighing everyday can be a bit disheartening. Keep up the good work though :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

have had a very busy day today finishing the piano birthday cake so no exercise today. Stress levels very high due to difficulty of cake, so very glad its finished. Will be glad when my friend comes to collect it as I've been dreaming of it for nights now.
Had a pp day today and done well. Going to weigh on sunday and see what the scales say, but think I am a little constipated despite the water and oatbran.
We are off to the local agricultural fayre tomorrow which should be a good day out. They always have lots of meats/chickens to eat so should be ok with that and a salad if we decide to eat out.

Wow, you're doing so well hun!

I'm only on Day 2 of attack. Look forward to reading more of your losses x

The cake was collected today and a "big hit" which I am so pleased about as I was stressing a little, well ok a lot!
For those of you interested, here is the cake http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2110808

Went to the fayre today and had a black coffee and nothing else. Won 2 packs of biscuits on the tombolla stall so then went on to visit friends and donated the biscuits to have with our coffee; but declined any myself. How good was that?
Still bunged up, so hoping that I go before morning as it's my weekly weigh in. Fingers crossed anyway for a loss.
I have been thinking tho that this 1/1 pp/pv may not suit me and so if I show no loss tomorow I think I am going to start doing the 5/5.
My hubby is really impressed with what I've been losing and wants to start Dukan on monday. He only has about 6 kilos to lose so 4 days on attack should be fine for him; so if I start 5/5 tomorrow that should fit in just fine with him.
My clothes do feel a little better (not quite as tight; not loose yet, just not as tight, if that makes sense.)
Anyway fingers crossed for tomorrow:)

Wow, that cake is amazing! So impressive :) Well done :)

Oh my goodness that cake looks divine!!! You're very talented!

Good Luck with starting 5/5 x

starting my 5 day rotation today on cruise and fingers crossed that it works. My weigh in today showed a 0.9kg gain since last sunday when I started the 1/1 cruise. I haven't cheated so I have to assume that the 1/1 was not for me.
Thanks for the comments on my cake. next one is a chocolate wedding cake so will give photos of that when it's done. Believe it or not but when I am busy with a cake its easier to diet.
We are off this afternoon for a long walk around the lake with the dog; I love that place it's so pretty.

Good Luck, Hun!

Enjoy your walk, I'm going on a 10k walk tonight x

the scales have shown a 0.5kg drop today, so am very happy with that. We are off to walk the lake this morning and this evening we are off to a town fete which ends in the most wonderful firework display set to classical music. It really is fantastic and thousands upon thousands of people travel from miles around to see it. Plus the fairground rides and all that goes with that. I will have to be good tonight as the smells of the chi chi covered with sugar are just lovely.

Have a great time!! x

I have to hang my head in shame and admit, if only to myself that I fell off the wagon at the fete and it continued yesterday too. Not massively but enough!
But I have picked myself up and dusted off ready to start again. I am doing cruise 5/5 so in my mind it will be like another 5 days of attack if that makes sense (it does to me)
So here goes for a day of 100% commitment.

That cake is amazing! I am on hols in France at the moment and can't believe how expensive everything is!

I am very pleased to announce that I was 100% yesterday so definately back on track. So another day of PP today. We are off to friends this afternoon for coffee, so I WILL be giving any cakes or biscuits a very wide berth.

My mum weighs very similar to me but is 6 inches shorter than me. She has osteoporosis in her spine (I follow in her footsteps, so also have it). However my mum is suffering with very severe pain and is now on morphine. She attended the pain clinic yesterday and will be having injections into her spine to try to help control the pain; but the Dr also told her she has to lose a minimum of 4 stones and soon or else she will end up in a wheelchair as her spine is so bad. He advised the south beach diet to her and if that fails she is to have a gastric band fitted. That really was a wake -up call for me and her too. It really shook me and if fast forwarded a few years that could be me too; so I have to get rid of this weight whilst I am still able to do the walking, so that I don't end up with that black cloud over me like mum has. Mum is also going to try her best on south beach diet as that is what her consultant has advised for her. I do hope she succeeds, as surgery really is the last resort.
sorry for rambling on a bit today, but I usually eat when worried and today I am using the "pen" instead of eating. So I am trying to change my old habits.

Back