My Exante Diary. Day 1

Gemmafs100

Hi Guys,
Im Gemma. Im 27 and have 2 children. I thought I'd start my Exante Diary with my measurements & remind myself of why I am doing this. So here goes...

Starting Measurements
20 Stone
Size 26
Waist 53
Hips 57
Bust 43/53/49 48DD

Goal Weight 10 Stone
Size 10!

So I have a fair bit to lose :eek:
But I have decided this is going to be it this time. My reasons for doing Exante...

- To be a yummy mummy!
- So my kids dont get teased because of my size
- To feel good about what I look like
- To stop knockin things over with my ass!!
- To be fitter, and able to run for a bus, without turning into a bright red, huffing & puffing mess
- To not feel embarrassed about my size when I meet new people
- To have more energy to play with my children

I think that just about covers it. I started my diet yesterday. I found yesterday really tough. I was hungry all day. The Thai Chicken soup was really nice, & I was impressed with the toffee bar in comparison to Lipotrim bars. But I had had all my meals by 5pm & by 9pm I was starving so I am trying to space out my meals better today. I did have a terrible headache all day yesterday, but it has gone this morning :).
Think thats it for today, as Im going to watch the wedding. Good Luck to anyone else that has just started. We will get there! xxx

Hi Gemma!

Welcome and good luck! Sounds like you're really ready with this by the statements you made about why you're doing it. You're going to do great. The first 4 days are really tough but it's so worth it so try and stick with it. Drink plenty of water, that's the only thing which kept my headaches at bay. Just remember this is the period where your body is adjusting, you won't feel like it forever I promise.

Good luck again xx :)

Hi Gemma,

I restarted exante yesterday.

Sounds like you have lots of motivation for sticking with the diet!

I will be on here a lot over the next few days so feel free to message me. It will be a good distraction for both of us :)

How's today going Gemma? xx

Hi Gemma!

Those are some great reasons to stay on track! I hope you remember to go back to them from time to time so you can stay on track! :D

Good luck :D you can do it! x

Hi Everyone.
Thanks so much for all your kind words of support.
I put my goals up here 1st so that I can keep going back to them everyday to remind myself why I am doing this. I learnt that from Lipotrim, after 2 weeks on it I had forgotten why I was doing it, so just gave up. My willpower isn't that great, so I thought that would keep me at it when it got tough. I have been quite down the last few days since starting the diet, as I am missing food so much, but I have definately turned a corner today. I have woke up happy, determined & not all all hungry. I think I have hit ketosis :D.
I have also been sneakily weighing myself over the last few days, & had not lost anything, so was getting quite disheartened. But I weighed myself this morning & have lost 7lbs!!! YAY:happy036:
So today is day 4, Im not going to weigh myself now until day 7, as I now have the motivation to carry on. I can really feel the loss of 7lbs, I feel great, I think I'm going to be dancing on the rooftops when I reach 70lbs off!

How are you all getting on? Good Luck & thanks again for your support xxx

Well done on the 7lb so far. You are doing great and I am glad you are feeling abit better today!!
Stick with it and if you feel like you need support...come on here, there is loads!!
Likewise, if you need to waste some time and take your mind off the f word, then this place is great too!!

Have a great day!!..x

hey hun, I re-started Exante yesterday. You soon so motivated & go you for hitting ketosis. I started as a once a week weigher & before I knew it I was sneaking on everyday -it's such a bad, addictive habit. Good luck & feel free to call in to my diary xo

7lbs is a great start :) Welcome and good luck. I find it so helpful to keep looking back at why I'm doing this, it really does help me to stick with it! Great that you're into ketosis, and with any luck the hunger pangs will remain at bay for you. I look forward to seeing your weigh in at the end of the first week :D

Well done, you are an inspiration! This is my first day and not having any real problems so far. I have similar reasons for wanting to lose the weight and I'll be following your progress to inspire me.

Hi Everyone,
Well I had a great day yesterday. I tried peppermint tea, which I was very surprised that I liked, as I dont drink any hot drinks normally. Then I tried my chocolate milkshake, with peppermint tea - mint choc milkshake! It was delicious.
But it all went wrong when my boyfriend brought home a bottle of wine. I checked it had no carbs, but then ended up having half the bottle & then moved onto the vodka & coke zeros! So I am very hungover this morning, but on a positve note I did drink a lot less than I normally would :) I don't think I am out of ketosis yet, but I have probably messed up my weight loss. I am too scared to weigh myself to see the damage I have done, but I really should do, to stop me next time! But nevermind. I am trying not to dwell on it & still going to carry on as normal. Obviously I won't have lost as much this week as I would have, but If I still have a loss at the end of the week I will be happy.
I am taking the kids out to a fair today, so am going to take a bar with me. I must have a soup when I get home. I have only tried the thai chicken so far, which was nice. But I don't usually like soup anyway, so I keep putting them off & swopping for a milkshake instead.
How is everyone else getting on? Better than me I hope!. Good Luck & keep positive xxx

Hey Gemma, I hope you and your children have a good day at the fair today.

Oh alcohol on a vlcd is a no-no! There is a thread about it on here, I think it's a sticky.

That's a good idea of posting your reasons to lose weight at the top of your diary, I may have to do that myself.
Good luck with the rest of your week. x

Hi. Thanks Blue Butterfly. Ive just read the post on alcohol. Oops. I definately won't be doing that again!
We had a lovely day at the fair. The kids found Punch & Judy hilarious! We walked all day, my legs are still killing me, so I hoping that will help shift a bit more weight. It was a bit of a disater diet-wise though. I forgot my bar, so had nothing to eat till we got home, so I had only 1 shake & a bar all day. I don't know if thats ok or not? And I ran out of water while we were there, & couldnt find anywhere to buy any, so ended up having a diet coke. Im not sure if it was that, or the alcohol the night before, but it knocked me out of ketosis :( so Im feeling crappy again. But I'm still not letting it deter me. I am planning to be on this diet for a while, so Im not giving up like I usully would have by now!
I have just finished Day 5. Not really looking forward to weighing this week, but fingers crossed I will have lost & be back in ketosis by then. How are you getting on? xxx

I forgot to mention, I tried the vanilla shake with a sprinkle of coffee in today & it was delicious (I hate coffee). Going to try it hot tomorrow as I think it will be even better. Absolutely hated the tomato soup. I dont know how I am going to manage all of them... i hate tomatos & soup!

Well it was my week 1 weigh in this morning & I lost 10lb. I am absolutely thrilled, especially since Ive had a few cheats. Just think what it would have been if I had stayed 100%. I have also lost 4 inches on my waist! I don't think I've ever felt so positive about a diet after 8days. This is usually my quitting stage, but I cant wait for next week. I really feel like I can & will do it this time. I think minimins is also being a huge help. Its so nice to know I'm not the only one going through it, & everyone is so kind & motivating. It is also a great way to occupy the time I would usually be thinking about food. Hope everyone else is doing well. Good Luck xxxx

Wow, what a great loss, especially as you say with the couple of cheats!! Well done :D xx

thats a great week 1 loss hun...well done!! x

Back