My Exante Diary

You might put on a couple of pounds when you start introducing food again, so if you stay on for the whole week that'll give you a buffer.

You've done so many weeks now, a few more days will fly by!

Thank you, I needed to hear that. I'm getting pretty bored of the packs now but know that staying on is for the best.
However, I know that if I get into that frame of mind where not eating is making me miserable, I'm more likely to binge. I have 24 packs left, and a spare (I absent mindedly threw the contents of one in the bin last week so need a spare!). I need 9 for my refeed. Which leaves me with 15- that's 4 days if I fill the gap with a biggest loser bar. So I'm considering doing S&S for another 4 days before starting my refeed. But only if I get to my goal, preferably under! What do you think? I'd rather not have to buy another batch, although it may be sensible for me to have some in the cupboard for when I'm trying to stabilise my weight.

I intend to have some forever really, they're good for breakfast when you don't have time, or even if I'm going to go out for dinner sometime, I'd maybe have a shake for breakfast and lunch so I'd not go overboard on daily calories.

What do you want to do? How will you feel this time next week about it? When it's all behind you?

I know it's so tough because you thought you'd be at goal now, so motivation has probably dipped a bit. Next week, next month, next year etc is the 'you' to listen to.

Also, you won't binge after this far! Think about how you'll feel when the scales say you're at your goal? No food in the world would make you feel that good.

To be honest I don't really know how I feel. My brain hasn't caught up with my body. I'm a bit scared about eating again! I feel like I've done the easy bit in losing the weight, and now I start the real journey in maintaining it, which I know is going to be very hard. I feel like I am more aware of how many calories are in 'normal' food now, and I know what I should and shouldn't be eating. But I do want to stay around 10.7, with perhaps a 2 or 3 lb buffer zone.
My tummy is saying eat all the junk you can get your hands on! But my head is saying no. I must control myself!

You have controlled yourself for this long, so you can do it again. It will always be something you need to be mindful of, but that's not the end of the world.

It's like learning to drive. At first it takes all your concentration, then you get more competent and you're able to do it unconsciously. You've always got to pay attention and take it seriously, because of you take your eyes off the road you will crash, but it will get easier. It's a process, ups and downs along the way, but of you stay conscious you will be fine.

As for the easy bit, there IS no easy bit! You've done a hard bit, now you're going to do another bit that's hard in a different way. You can do it though, you've got tons of support and the knowledge that you got this far, and I bet a part of you doubted that you could!

Give yourself the credit you deserve x

Aww thanks. I am proud of what I have achieved. But I still don't feel in control of my eating which worries me. I think it will be a steep learning curve- I will see that eating too much leads to weight gain and hopefully sensible me will kick in and realise that I've not put in all this effort just to put it all back on again!

How's it going?

Hi FF! Well I weighed myself this morning and was just under my goal weight, so I'm pleased, but I'm waiting until Wednesday as that's weigh day. How are you doing?

Well done! Dats fantastic Finally got wifi Hurray Paid 4 d wk Was awfully sick last nite after eating some crisps Think it was d MSG in it Knew der was a reason why I never buy dem as they've sickened me b4 Managed a TS day today OH comin out on Wed so need 2 shift lbs Wasn't brave enough 2 stand on scales in lobby b4 movin this mornin Found one in chemist so next Sat will WI to c how thgs r Don't mind STS Wud like a loss Just don't want 2 gain Anythg SO easy as ice creams everywhere Had some treats first 2 wks Sugar free sweets, sugar free and fat free ice cream but am foolin no one so after being sick as a dog last nite I don't wanta c food for ages which is a gud thg Cookin and feedin kids doesn't tempt me thank gudness
I'll b Lookin forward to checkin out how u reintroduce food Saddles as its a hard one - should one stick to 600 cals a day or what is ones limit?? Atkins sounds great in theory but in practice how does one not eat a whole cooked chicken and a load of satay chicken sticks when acc 2 Atkins cals don't count As long as its protein it's ok????
After doin LLL I used to make a scoop of porridge for bfast- kept 2 tiny portions Didn't count cals as dats 2 obsessive 4 me
Gud luck hon!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi shoebs sounds like you're having a fab time! The summer has finally arrived in England although it's forecast rain on Saturday again.
Atkins works because your body uses carbs first as energy and when there's no carbs left it starts burning fat stores. On Atkins you have very little carbs so whatever you do eat gets burned instead. So you can have fat as you're just using it. It does work, I've done it before, but missed veggies as you can't have many to start with.
Tomorrow is (hopefully) my finally weigh in, I'm hoping I will have reached goal, eeeeek!

Just wanted to say, I have read through your diary and its really been an inspiration! You've done so well, I hope I can achieve what you have in a few months time. x

Ahh Ellie that's dead sweet of you thank you! If I can do it anybody can- all it takes is willpower which everybody has got in them.

Have a lovely hols shoebs!

Goaaaaalllllllllllllll! :banana dancer: :party0011::woohoo::wee::bunnydance::party0049:

Wooooooo! Weight has been very up and down this week- yesterday I was about 10.4 on the scales but today and I'm 10.6 and that is below my goal so I'm still happy!

So today is first day of refeed... Eeeek!

FANTASTIC!!! :D:D:D

Well done you, that must feel incredible! xx

Goaaaaalllllllllllllll! :banana dancer: :party0011::woohoo::wee::bunnydance::party0049:

Wooooooo! Weight has been very up and down this week- yesterday I was about 10.4 on the scales but today and I'm 10.6 and that is below my goal so I'm still happy!

So today is first day of refeed... Eeeek!

:bliss: :wow::bliss: That is amazing! Well done Saddles, you've done so well. You must feel fabulous and proud :woohoo::0clapper: :hug99: xx

Thanks FF and giggles! It's all quite surreal! I'm dreading putting weight on but know I will during refeed. I did a shop last night for stuff to eat this week and it took me ages, I'm so out of practice :-D

Yeah I can imagine, scares me now thinking about it. But at least you'll be on top of it. You've worked too hard to ignore any small gain xx

Thanks giggles and diem for your replies.

Diem, I'm going to be eating healthily. I seemed to have dieted for my whole life- one fad diet after another, and I really just want to break the cycle and eat properly. I don't want to be a life-time dieter.
I'm going to eat less carbs, so bread will be brown or seedy, rice brown and I won't eat pasta as I always have too much. I will eat less meat as again I get greedy on it. Not keen on poultry really but have recently discovered quorn and it's quite nice, it's cheap and low fat. Also I want to eat more fish- was never that keen but a VLCD does make you appreciate all foods a lot more! I've been craving eggs and milk for weeks, which is strange because again I've never been that keen, so will be drinking more skimmed milk and eating more eggs for protein.
Pulses will play a part in my new lifestyle as at work my lunch is 99% of the time eaten on the road with no facility at all for heating it up. So it must be eaten from tupperware cold, and lettuce does get dull after a while. I'll use cous cous, bulgar wheat, quinoa and lentils as a salad base some days and mix in roasted veg, egg, prawns etc. I don't really want to start eating sandwiches every day as I love them and get greedy with them as well!
Breakfasts will be cereal or eggs, dinner will be something hearty but healthy like a cottage pie or stew but without the masses of butter I'd usually put in! Snacks will be fruit, low fat yoghurts or something along those lines :)
Saturdays will be my naughty day when I'll allow myself to go out, get drunk if I fancy (doesn't happen very often though) and perhaps have a takeaway. I think for me it's important to have this 'naughty' day in place, as an incentive to be good during the week.

I have started a maintenance diary in the Slim and Save refeed section, it's here: http://www.minimins.com/slim-save-refeeding-maintenance/286998-saddlebags-refeed.html

Hoping you can all pop along and keep me in check :)

Back