My Exante Diary

Saddlebag

Silver Member
Right, well today was my first day on Exante.When I got up I had a black coffee. 'Breakfast' I had when I got to work at 9- a chocolate shake. It was revolting and made me gag! Struggled to swallow it but pinched my nose and got it down. It smelled really nice and had a nice thick consistency but was just blurghh. I didn't have chance to get a mixing bottle so I just used an Evian water bottle with a sports cap and shook it hard, and it worked fine.
That kept me surprisingly full until about 2. I also had about 3 big cups of tea and a small bottle of coke zero, and was busy until then so didn't get a chance to think about food.
I then had a toffee raisin bar. It was quite nice, reminded me of a Tracker bar without the chocolate. That went down quickly and filled me up.
Got home and felt exhausted as I was walking about a lot of the day. Walking the dog finished me off and I nodded off on the sofa! Couldn't believe it! Usually I would have been eating sugar and carbs all day so it seems I'm not used to functioning without!
I woke up about 7 feeling very grumpy for some reason, not looking forward to dinner. I had a vegetable soup which I whisked in a jug. I added a handful of cucumber chunks to make it feel a bit more substantial. It turned out to be quite thick, which I wasn't expecting. Smelled and tasted like a Cup a Soup and the cucumber was a welcome crunch. It was actually quite nice- tasty and warm. When I do it tomorrow I reckon I'll microwave it again after whisking, and maybe add a bit more water- it went a bit cold after whisking it and it was a bit thick for my taste.

I haven't been massively hungry today. Not surprising since I had a huge binge last night. I think this diet will affect my mood. I'm going to get myself a flask and put hot bouillon in it to take to work. All in all, today went quite well. I've found 1 product I don't like but two that I do, which is excellent. Bring on day 2!

Well done Saddlebag! I'm just a day ahead of u and yes tiredness hits d first few days while our bodies adjust to low calories and low carb. Gr8 feelin of being in control and not havin to dwell on food!!! Here's to another day keepin to 100% TS! Where wud we b wout Coke Zero- TIs a life saver!!!

Thanks Shoebedoo, you'll have to keep me updated with how you're doing since we've started at about the same time. Coke Zero is going to be my saviour- full fat Coke is my number one weakness so I'm glad I'm allowed a replacement for my fizzy fix :D

Day 3 has arrived How ru feelin today Saddlebag? All set 4 another TS day? Water bottle filled up I'm all set- ru??? ?

Hiya! I'm feeling good today, not hungry, vanilla milkshake was almost as gross as the chocolate one though! Think I'll be getting soups and bars for my next box. Struggling to drink so much water as I'm just not thirsty. And I need to pee all the time :-/ not looking forward to mushroom soups as I don't like mushroom at all, so might order my next lot early so I can avoid them :)

Aw Saddlebag, that's a shame you're not liking the packs. Luckily I like everything! Did you buy a months worth, and what did you get? You seem to be doing Fab though :hug99:

(PS I'm on day 10)

Hi determined lady! I got the variety pack so a mixture of shakes, soups and bars which will last a week. It's only the shakes I don't like, the bars and soups are quite nice so I'll just get a bumper pack of those next :) and I'm sure I can cope with the mushroom soup, I'll put some bouillon and soy sauce in I think :)

Hi determined lady! I got the variety pack so a mixture of shakes, soups and bars which will last a week. It's only the shakes I don't like, the bars and soups are quite nice so I'll just get a bumper pack of those next :) and I'm sure I can cope with the mushroom soup, I'll put some bouillon and soy sauce in I think :)
Ahh that's ok then. For me it's the soups I don't like. Yes, the good thing is you can pick and choose what you get. We're allowed the Tesco ultraslim bars instead of (or as a change to) Exante ones- they're yummy and much cheaper! Still only one a day though.
I'll look forward to following your progress xx

I really like mushroom soup, even cup a soups, but the mushroom Exante is awful bland, curry powder and cayenne pepper liven it up though, I did add celery salt one time, but really bloated up the next day, so avoid that one

Thanks ladies for the tips, I'll check out the tesco bars and try some spices in my soup! Just having lunch, a chocolate orange bar. It started off not that nice but by the end it was yummy! I'll be happy eating them I think.

Thanks ladies for the tips, I'll check out the tesco bars and try some spices in my soup! Just having lunch, a chocolate orange bar. It started off not that nice but by the end it was yummy! I'll be happy eating them I think.

Hiya and welcome, you're doing fab! :hug99: xx

I like picking out the bits of choc in those bars and savouring! :ashamed0005: :D

Hiya and welcome, you're doing fab! :hug99: xx

I like picking out the bits of choc in those bars and savouring! :ashamed0005: :D

Hahaha this made me laugh- I had my bar in the car with a colleague today, and dropped a chocolate chip! I was like "noooooooooooo!" and he thought something was the matter! Didn't understand that 'I lost a chocolate chip' was a very sad moment!

Hello and welcome! :)

You might well find that your tastes change over a few weeks. Mine certainly did.

I thought the chicken soup was disgusting originally, now I really enjoy it :D

All the best on your Exante journey :)

Well done Saddlebags Was at d dentist today, did some shopping in Penneys (primark in d uk) and met a friend so didn't see dat u had replied ! Fair play being a 100% today Had slight cheat - had 2 bars and a porridge Like u I'm not mad into d shakes Bars nearly gone as I binged on dem a wk ago Just glad I didn't pass 3 products today I'm Definately not drinking enough and need to cop on as was badly bunged up Sorry if TMI but lesson learnt and word of warnin Drink Ur water!! Here's to Day 4 !!!

Hi Darcy, thanks for your reply. It would be nice if I began to like the shakes, as I'm not sure how practical it will be making the soup at work for breakfast. I tend to eat when I get to work- as soon as i have my first meal of the day I feel like I'm counting down to the next, so I leave breakfast till about 9, to shorten the gap :D
shoebedoo you have done well, I don't reckon an extra bar one day will make too much of a difference. Plus the shopping will have worked it off! I had my Thai chicken soup for dinner, tasted like chicken cup a soup which I like so felt satisfied after that.

That soup sounds scrum Half regret not ordering any soups Wud u do me a favour and check d ingredients on d soup packs and tell me if any r wheat free? I did LLL 2 yrs ago and lived on porridge and vegetable soup! Not Lookin 4ward to using up box of shakes but will add coffee or peppermint tea 2 dem as others have suggested Haven't been brave enough to chance d strawberry or banana yet What am I like - a big chicken!!!!
Shoppin was fun with my daughter- d dresses I tried on were a no go but did get nice cardis and animal print pumps! Gotta b patient!
Can understand why shakes not exactly handy 4 work! I certainly won't b tellin my work mates dat I'm on vlcd-interesting 2 c how long it takes dem 2 notice we r shrinking ;) Almost half way thro our first wk! Ur doin mighty!!!! Fair play?

I will check for you when I get home shoebedoo on the soups. I had a banana shake this morning and it was much nicer than the vanilla or chocolate so give it a try. I'm not a big banana fan either so maybe I'm just getting used to them!
I can't wait for my clothes to start feeling loose, sounds silly but saying "I've got nothing to wear" feels good! Nice change from them being too small :-D
I've told my colleagues as we work as a very close team and there's no way I could hide it. Mix reactions but they're to be expected I think on a diet like this.
We're both doing fab, can't wait for our weigh ins to see how well we've done!

Tanx Saddlebag ! Ur doin fantastic! Yes I sure am lookin 4ward to wi as have held off having a peep!! I made a vanilla and coffee hot shake this morning and also added d psyllium husks- ended out with a thick glue consistency- like slimy wallpaper paste so had to dump it and start again! Made another one with cold water sprinkled with sweetener and it was scrum! Had d psyllium husks in water afterwards! Phew! Will have a banana shake l8r and let u know what I think! Dats nice dat Ur work environment is like dat! Most of my colleagues do either WW or SW! Definately Wudnt approve!! Hee hee! Have a gud one:) Hope Ur bottle on water is goin down!! Go on ya gud thg;)

Shoebedoo, had a quick look on the back of the packs but tbh I don't know what's what! I think the best bet is for you to look on the exante shop Diet Soups | Weight Loss Soups | Exante - if you click on the individual soups it says all the ingredients and the allergens. I wouldn't want to say they're ok and have missed something!
I used to have fibogel for my IBS, it was 'orange flavour' powder that you mixed with water. It was all gritty and if you left it stand for a couple of minutes it would go gloopy like that too. So perhaps it stood for a bit too long and had a reaction with the hot water?
I might put in an order for more food later- so far I like the veg and chicken soups, the toffee and raisin bar and the banana shake. Gonna have a tomato soup for dinner, then a strawberry shake tomorrow and see what I want for next week! Might try a couple of porridges too- I like the idea of porridge instead of a shake for breakfast.

Back