My Final Journey - PrettyPaula to Pretty and Slim Paula!

PrettyPaula

Amusing Title.
Hello Everyone...

i spent most of last night reading here and researching online for Slim & Save, i had some success last year with Exante, but struggled as the only shake i could do was the banana.

ive tried cambridge also, but the woman i bought them off was really overweight anyway and a bit weird. the packs were over priced and not that amazing really. i felt it lacked the extra financial worth.

so, ive lost about 10 pounds in the last few months on my own... just calorie counting and going to the gym, but the last couple of weeks have been really tough. ive felt pretty low, gym hasnt been cutting it and the constant obsession over calories and food has left me hungry and in danger of binging. Not good.

Realistically i have about 60-70 pounds to lose, pretty scary. People never believe i have that to lose as im tall and i dress well for my size, but i do. i'm tired of having to dress to flatter my size rather than to portray my personality and sense of style. i have a corporate job, and in order to seriously consider getting further it just wont happen if im fat. sad but true. You never see fat women get further in my industry.

Not only that, im worried for my health. My knees hurt constantly, my back aches and im tired all the time.

ive been really successful in the past with low carb diets but the constantly having to think about food irritates me, its just too difficult to do on the road. Hence my being here....

ive ordered some samples, got some banana exante shakes to use up aswell, and intend to start on Monday, reason being its my birthday on Friday and my family have booked 2 meals out. Thats the last food centric celebrations i have until Christmas. Everyones birthdays are out of the way!

Ive also signed up to run the race for life on July 1st (my wedding anniversary, sorry hubby!) and need to make sure i can do the race in a decent time.

as you can see in my ticker, we go to Mexico for 2 weeks on 30th September, and we have great holidays every year, photos of which get left in a folder somewhere on the laptop, or on the camera because im always too ashamed of how i look to post them anywhere.

so this is it, im going to do it, whole hog for 23 weeks. Whats 6 months between friends?

Good Luck with your plan. It was my first day today too (ticker not updated yet) so it'll be interesting to see what we loose each week! :)

Good Luck with your plan. It was my first day today too (ticker not updated yet) so it'll be interesting to see what we loose each week! :)

is that moving away from cambridge for you also?

thankyou for stopping by, and good luck!! will indeed be interesting to see how we both fare....
:)

Well done for the decision to change. It is recommended that you only do a VLCD for 12 weeks, then have a week break, so you'd need to factor that in too :) x

Hi hun welcome to s&s! Sounds like your very determined which is great! keep posting on ur diary it helps, alot!
And mexico eh, very jelous!! xx

Gets even weirder Paula as I went to Mexico last Nov/Dec...spooky lol. Good luck hun x

My Sample pack has arrived today, i didnt get the full sample pack as i knew i wouldnt like some of the flavours.

11 total packs including 3 bars

ive got 4 or 5 exante shakes left over to... so if i start Monday thats just over 4 days worth of packs.... hmmmm ive got some stuff ending on ebay today, when that finishes i will order some more i think...

anyone suggest some packs i should deffo avoid or deffo order??

im feeling really excited, i wish it wasnt my birthday this weekend and meals were booked or i would start now.

i want to do this 100% though so dont want to risk starting and not being able to stick to it when out as its a chinese restaurant.

Good luck! Your doing the best thing starting on monday I found s&s about 4 weeks ago but knew I had the holiday coming up so waited until today to start as there was no way I would have done it during then :)

Hi Paula. You suit your name - you are very pretty. And soon you will be pretty and slim Paula.

How are you getting on with the packs? I ordered the full samples but I keep looking at the chilli ones and can't bring myself to try them! Silly really as I have some Lighterlife packs left to tide me over if I decide I can't eat a particular pack. I had to choke down the mushroom pasta one so I'll not be getting that again, but I enjoyed the spag bol. Looked like spag bol! Could almost kid myself I was eating a ready meal.

I've liked all the shakes I've tried so far. Made up the crispy one with too much water but still was ok.

I think breakfast is where I may struggle. The original oatmeal was ok, might be better with sweetner and although I liked the sweet porridge, it tastes like rice pudding which is how I will always think of it!

Love the lemon bar and in fact I need to order more of these before they run out.

Good luck!

Hey Galorious & Twiowl!! thanks for the comments.

I did have one of the praline bars today for lunch as i was working, just to try it! im starting monday so dunno about the rest yet but i reckon the macaroni cheese and mushroom pasta will be my fave out of the meals... not a massive fan of soya mince which im guessing the other meals are?

Cant wait to put an order in for some more bits... think i will avoid the tomato soup and hazelnut shake as they sound horrid.... !

Hi Paula, welcome to slim and save.

Some packs i like are the chocolate, banana, and strawberry shakes they are delicious. I'm not really keen on any of the others and have tryed them all. The chocolate shake i have hot like a hot chocolate and its yummy.
Meal packs i think are really yummy are the chilli, spag bol, mushroom pasta, and cottage pie.
My favourite bar is the lemon yoghurt.

You should give everything a try as some people love the maraconi cheese i don't like it. Everyone has different tastes. Good luck on your journey.

Hi Paula,

Good luck with s n s when you start :) I'm on day 6 and doing good so far!

My favourite 'meals' so far have been the spic spag, chilli and mushroom pasta. Mostly been having broccoli and cauliflower as veg.

My favourite shakes have been the chocolate( yummy warm) and the hazelnut.

I've only tried the lemon yogurt bar and the truffa one, would say the lemon one is my favourite but the truffa is also very nice :)

Everyone is different though and some of the packs have surprised me so keep an open mind :) best of luck.

Hi Paula!

Welcome!

I've started SnS today - my first ever time on a vlcd!

I have a similar amount to you to lose, and like you people are always surprised at what I actually weigh!!

Anyway, good luck for Monday and have a lovely weekend xxx

thanks all for the well wishes.

well today is my 28th birthday. gah!

to celebrate ive ordered a 14 day supply from S&S!

Bars:
3 - Milk Chocolate Truffa
2 - Dark Chocolate & Coconut
3 - Milk Chocolate & Praline
3 - Milk Chocolate, Vanilla & Almond
Shakes:
2 - Cafe Latte
4 - Banana
4 - Chocolate
3 - Vanilla
2 - Crispy Vanilla Shake
2 - Crispy Chocolate Shake
2 - Vanilla Caramel
Meals:
1 - Original Oatmeal
1 - Mushroom Soup
1 - Cottage Pie
1 - Sweet Porridge
2 - Chili Con Carne
1 - Spicy Spaghetti
3 - Mushroom Pasta
2 - Macaroni Cheese

lucky me! cant wait to start... roll on monday..!

is that moving away from cambridge for you also?

thankyou for stopping by, and good luck!! will indeed be interesting to see how we both fare....
:)
Yes Cambridge has been my stand-by. I lost almost 5 stones on it (see Avatar) 3 years ago and have used CD intermittently to keep within a stone of target. Now I'm 2 stones over target I need to stick to this to get back to it! I'm pleased with the scales so far, after 4 days I've lost 7lbs. I know I shouldn't get on them til Monday but I love seeing them move downwards :)

How are you getting on?

well i start monday... so got my order in... got some packs ready to start and just getting my head in the game really... gonna stock up on painkillers lol

just found and read my old exante diary. god i was a dick, why didnt i just carry on then?

oh well, onwards and downwards. Now, i am on ANNUAL LEAVE from work today for my birthday MUST STOP ANSWERING MY BLACKBERRY!!!

hahaha

Happy birthday Paula and have a great weekend x

thanks Sezzy, im just sat down with a glass of crystal light peach tea inbetween cleaning (what a way to spend ones bday!!)

:) x

Happy birthday!

And good luck with monday!

Back