My First Attempt At Exercise = Disaster...I am in so much pain :(

Rallya

I bought a mountain bike so I could get some exercise, apart from just walking etc, after losing 8 stone. I havent ridden a bike for over 30 years and to say I was a bit wobbly is an understatement :eek:

Anyway, I ended up falling off onto my butt...which is so painful right now its difficult to even sit and type this :whoopass:

Oh well, they say no pain no gain...just didnt think it would be this painful :rolleyes:

My poor butt :sigh:

I couldn't help laughing at the picture! You have done brilliantly to lose so much, I hope you don't ache too badly tomorrow. I would never have the dedication to use an exercise bike, or go to the gym or swimming pool for that matter, I take my hat off to you.

Ouch - poor you and your poor butt! I know how it feels as I'm useless on a bike .... I just wobble and it aint nice ... yes and then I fall off.

Next time should hopefully better for you.

Cath

LOL.....oh i'm so sorry it just made me giggle, that's the type of thing that would happen to me...

Awwww bless ya, poor you. Awww...Poor butt

Well done anyway hun, i'm sure next time will be better....xxx

awww sorry i have to say it made me giggle too, u have done brilliant!! i just looked at ur pics and wow what a transformation!! i love the new hair too. I hope i look so good when i have lost 8 stone! how long did it take u hun if dont mind me asking?

Hiya

I've lost 8 stone in 8 months :)

Bum still hurts this morning :( I have aches on my aches :(

LOL reminded me of a couple of weeks agao my friend persuaded me to go on a bike ride round our local country park, I never fell off but my bum really hurt and you'd think with all my extra padding that it would have been more comfy, I'm gonna buy one of theose gel seat things, see if that helps?
Like you said tho no pain no gain...................
Well done on losing 8 stones!

Sally

lol I just ordered a gel seat cover off ebay too...giving my bum time to heal first then will give the bike riding another go...I really really hope I can get back into riding a bike like I did when I was a kid as I hate to think I had spent so much money for nothing.

Well done on your loss amazing, The biking will get easier i didn't start mountain biking until i was 43 and now i'm still racing cross country at 52. Gel seats are crap or that is my point of view for mountain biking. I have a seat with a hole in it for the important little places by far more comfort. I suppose it depends on whether you are leisure riding around roads and fire trails or if you are going seriously off road. Also if you are new to mtb and are not riding off road try fitting semi slick tyres it will help covering the ground faster and easier. Good-luck to all you new bikers.:)

Back