My First Day Today!! Wish me luck!

Lighterlady

Today is the first day of my Cambridge Diet, and I am seriously excited! And amazingly, not yet starving, as I normally would be by eleven-ish.
Decided I would go on the diet over a week ago, but because of a huge work conference thing yesterday and pre-conference dinner before, in which the spotlight would be on me the whole time, and I didn't know how I'd be feeling I decided to wait until it was over. It has been agony waiting to start!
It is very hard to get my head around the fact that I am going to lose a lot of weight! My CDC says that on SS it is impossible not to. The idea of being smaller than I am is just too wierd! By Christmas I might be able to go into shops and find clothes which actually look nice on me, and that I feel happy in! I cannot believe I have not discovered this diet years ago!
Anyway, wish me luck everyone! Any advice or words of wisdom would be gratefully appreciated!
Anna

Good luck, hope your first day goes ok :)
My only words of wisdom would be don't cheat and keep glugging the water, and if you stick to it you will lose weight. The first week will be hard but once your in ketosis it does get so much easier, if you feel tempted to eat just think of all the reasons why you wanted to do it in the first place, and find something else to distract you, paint your nails, read, have a bath etc.

Keep us updated with how your doing :)

Come on Anna you can do it, good luck on your journey... try not to be tempted from the direct path to your destination, and keep glugging lots of water... the first few days are the worst, around day 4 you should feel much better. Just ignore your inner chatterbox, as the first time you do this diet really is the golden time, as it is so hard once you deviate, you will constantly be sightseeing and it will take you so much longer to arrive at your destination..

Welcome to minimins, everyone on here is so supportive and just post anytime..

Good luck hunny...

Love

The best of luck to you Anna! :D You will be a new person by Christmas! ;)

Good luck on day 1 .... yes it's impossible not to lose big amounts of weight, as long as you don't cheat and drink plenty of water. Think by Xmas you'll be at least 2 stone lighter!!!!

Keep coming on here and posting - maybe even start a diary thread and before long you'll be a skinny-mini!!!

:wavey:Welcome on board Anna - this train is leaving for slimsville :) Good luck with your journey - remember to keep glugging the :tear_drop: Vx

Good luck!! I wish I'd found it before too - found it and stuck to it.. LOL

These guys are great - really supportive and very inspirational :D

YOU CAN DO IT!

Hi Anna and welcome!!

I don't think that I can add anything that the others haven't already put. I can't stress enough though for you to keep that water intake up!!!!

Good luck with your journey!!!

Hi Anna,

Welcome and best of luck on your diet journey!:welcome:

It is very hard to get my head around the fact that I am going to lose a lot of weight! My CDC says that on SS it is impossible not to.

Your CDC is so right!

Make sure you take side, back and front photos of yourself now and do your body measurements!

Love Mini xxx

Good luck Anna

I'm on Day 2 of CD, and I'm finding it OK so far - just getting used to all of that water (keep trotting off to the loo every five minutes - I even had to make an emergency pit stop on a country 'A' road this morn, as I couldn't wait :eek:)

Something Nikki said in her post really struck a chord with me, and its what I've already been thinking - that the first time is the 'golden time' for doing CD. I know what I'm like with dieting and really feel that my first shot at something is my best shot at succeeding.

I've started keeping a diary (not online, just an old fashioned pen and book :D) just noting my thoughts and feelings, and what I think of the various soups, shakes and bars etc. This is also something new for me, plus its another thing I'm doing to keep myself busy so I'm not bored and therefore turning to food to fill the gaps!

HTH

Back