Attack my first diary

susiecm3

Well I done it I started, but was gutted my books did not turn up when the should have AND i could not get oat bran!!

After reading on here yesterday I got up this morning determined to start :)

Food has been ok after doing cambridge you realise how often putting food into your mouth is just habit and had to remind myself a few times whilst preparing food for the kids, my testing time will be tonight but I plan to make some jewellery and have anice bath and early night, thankfully my hubby is usually supportive so he will help keep me on the straight and narrow :eek:

I was slightly upset this morning when I got on scales and was actually 3lb heavier than what I thought but oh well one another reason I need to do this!

Got a slight headache but nothing bad, nice easy day tomorrow apart from rotten smear test :eek:

Feeling positive today and just hope it stays :)

hi susie and welcome - your menu for today looks good, just make sure you're eating enough protein. feel free to load yourself up on it! Are you coming straight from cambridge or have you had a break?

The oatbran is really important - are you going to be able to pick some up tomorrow?

Hopefully get it tomorrow :)

Had a break of about 11 month, I maintained till after xmas and just lost the plot, I honestly think the weather has been to blame, I am sure I suffer from SAD, I childmind and so the last 6 month of doing non stop school runs in this cold has just got me down, but the last few weeks I have felt so much better and ready to sort my weight out :)

That's great, your head really does need to be in the right place before starting something like dukan. If you're resolved to stick with it you'll get amazing results. Since you've had a break and you're starting anew you really need to make sure you're eating plenty, especially in the first few days. Don't let yourself get hungry!

That's good advice Emmma. Every time I break it I've let myself get hungry. Always start the day well, my downfall is the evening. I've found all sorts of things in the cupboard, latest was half a bag of dried apricots, sigh.

Anyone tried Tescos fiery Ginger beer? 0 everything and nice n gingery.

hmm that DIET version of fiery ginger beer looks ok, BUT it has citric acid in it which can cause a stall in some, so caution...

Topaz - you ate apricots recently? On Dukan? aaah! If you're hungry in the evening, then you've not eaten enough PROTEIN in the day perhaps... worth posting menus. It can be "boredom" eating in the evening though in front of the TV... again, plan a Dukan friendly snack at that time.

Susie - ignore my comment on the menu thread re "where is your oatbran?"! You definitely need to be eating more... and more variety... Sorry to hear about the smear - do you have to return? I had a funny mammo yesterday, which turned out ok, so I can well imagine what you're going through...

Thanks for all the advice guys, I am so pleased I managed a day, off today to get lots of supplies and will try to eat more, but actually what 'proper' food I ate yesterday was a hell of a lot more than I usually would, my old menu was no breakfast or lunch, tea and chocolate biscuits to get me through the day, then tea which was either a sandwich or something quick from the freezer them more biscuits, crisps and any other rubbish I got my hands on :(

lol thats me !!!!!!!!! chocolate for breackfast lunch and tea ...now the thought of chocolate doesnt do it for me

In ketosis, me neither... out? I'll let you know after Easter!

Well ladies day 3 for me and I feel great :) got my oatbran yesterday but could not get wheatbran, will try on Saturday in town :)

I feel slimmer if that makes sense and certainly not bloated and sluggish, I even got up after the first alarm ha ha :)

Made the galette last night and my son asked for a bit and he loved it so made him one although he put some honey on his lol

Last day on attack for me although I am still fine with the food, going to look at what I can have on cruise so I know I am prepared :)

Excellent Susie. Remember in phase 2 to keep the protein high nonetheless. 2/3 plate protein, 1/3 salad/veg is advised. (How young is your son?)

My son is 8 :)

Day 4 and the start of cruise and feel fab, had a craft stall last night at a charity event, sales was a bit disappointing but they did not even sell the auction things they were doing at the event so I think it was the people they had there , I covered my costs so fine, BUT they were serving mini fish and chips and do you know what I did not even bat an eye when they offered them to me :)

Of to town today and see if I can get wheatbran, then a busy evening making wedding invites for my friend, oh the joys :)

Hi and WELL DONE - and excellent on declining the offer of F&C too! Looks like you're already in the right mindset now. Wheat Bran - in Supermarkets it seems to be in the cereal aisle, near the Oats etc, Oatbran should be there too but can also be in the Wholefoods section (as per Tesco). Wheat bran is normally much easier to find than Oatbran so good luck!

Isn't it wonderful when, in ketosis, things can be so easily refused! Well done you!! The mere thought of coming out can sometimes help resist too (that one doesn't work for all though - as you'll see if you read other people's diaries!)

This seems like as good a place as any for a confession.

This morning, walking past one of many boulangeries I pass in the morning with their doors wide open to attact customers, the smell was soooo good that, as I passed, I had a momentary moment of madness.

It wasn't so much that I fancied going in and having a hot croissant (or ten). No. The thought of going in, locking the door behind me, "getting rid of" (by whatever means) the personnel... sitting down and munching my way through the entire shop's contents raced through my head for about 10 seconds.

Good job I walk fast - I was way past the shop by the time the daydream concluded.

This seems like as good a place as any for a confession.

This morning, walking past one of many boulangeries I pass in the morning with their doors wide open to attact customers, the smell was soooo good that, as I passed, I had a momentary moment of madness.

It wasn't so much that I fancied going in and having a hot croissant (or ten). No. The thought of going in, locking the door behind me, "getting rid of" (by whatever means) the personnel... sitting down and munching my way through the entire shop's contents raced through my head for about 10 seconds.

Good job I walk fast - I was way past the shop by the time the daydream concluded.

I think that nice food smells should be banned when you're outdoors. Perhaps they could be replaced with the scent of my cat with digestive problems' poos? We'd be quick to walk past the food shops, then! :eek:;)

I scoop out cat poo regularly at 6am so I'm immune to those smells!!

Back