My first ever gain...

Julianne_julz

Bears dont dig on dancin'
...and I saw it coming like a rabbit in the headlights.

I had such a bad week, and from what I remember I had more bad days than good, eating wise. Also, at the weekend I barely had any fluid, I remember on Sunday having one can of diet coke, nothing else! Being the week prior to *week probably didn't help either...

I braved my WI this morning and shortly after sulked off to eat my beans on toast...

4lbs it said... 4 WHOLE LBS! I'm sure a good chunk of that is water retention, but still, 4lbs gain in a week!

I'm back 100%, today is day 2... and I still feel sick from all the rubbish I ate.

I'm not making any excuses, after all, nobody forced me to eat it all and drink nothing! But it's still taken me all day to get on here and tell you all! I'm so ashamed, yet determined to shift it all this week! So please have a nose at my food diary and tell me off/correct/advise where necessary. (Link in my sig')

:( xxx

Oh honey, it's disheartening isn't it? I had a gain a few weeks ago and although it was only 1.5lb, it still set me back, especially as I hadn't been to weigh in for 2 weeks before hand. I am forcasting a gain this week too which will devastate me as I had only just got my half a stone award after working towards it for 10weeks. Only we can make this work and the sooner I realise that the better.

I might be a more common fixture over the weekend as that is usually where I fail and spend the rest of the week holding back on syns and it's become miserable :(

I'm sure you'll lose next week lovely xxx

I'm sorry hun. I know how it feels. It's like a pin to your balloon. All I can say is that it's in the past now. Chin up and back on 100%. Just watch, you'll have an amazing loss next week. Goo luck hun.

Scouzer. X

Hey huni, but youve still lost an amazing 28lb!! overall and that IS incredible, so what if youve put on for 1 week, cause youre going to lose more and more and more over the coming weeks. Good on you for going to weigh in and facing the music, as everyone always says on here, 1 week is nothing in the grand scheme of things and you still weigh a lot less now than you did before so onwards and back to plan and you will soon have the lbs dropping off again. x

Oh and how about setting yourself a new mini goal - to drink more water ever single day cause that probably hasnt helped with your gain as our body holds on to water/fluid if we dont get much of it to expel.

In the big scheme of things, you have done amazingly well. You know where things didn't go to plan and you have addressed what needs to be done. You will probably be fine and have learnt from the experience. Today is a new day and tomorrow is another new day. Keep your head up and aim for those losses. Big hugs xxx

From my point of view, I think a gain (as hard as it is at the time) can be a good thing in getting you back on track with a renewed motivation and enthusiasm. I remember when I lost all my weight before getting pregant and just how easy it is to become complacent or have a bad week but I am sure you can put it behind you now and re-focus. Everyone has bad weeks for whatever reason, we're only human!

Chin up and good luck for this week x

You've got the right attitude. You're back on the wagon and are not going to let this hinder your longterm progress!

Try not to worry about the past, just get on with living in the present! Good luck :D

xxx

I think MASSIVE congratulations are in order. I think you did an incredibly brave thing in going to class knowing it would be upsetting.

This is a hugely important step. We all have off days/weeks - this is entirely to be expected and makes us human, but the real test of our resolve is how we deal with them. We have 2 choices: Scuttle into a corner, block the world out and eat our weight in cheese (VERY tempting, and the easier option) OR face the music, get weighed in, draw a line and carry on our incrediblly brave and difficult journey.

You chose the much harder of the two- this makes you a very special person. You will thank yourself for it when you get your next loss and for the rest of your healthier life.

Well done, mate

xxxxx

Aw thanks... though, I am doing this at home so instead of group I get my OH peeking at the scales and my toddler laughing at my wobbly bum... probably equally as tough to face lol. Xxx

I do it at home too (website member)- just as hard as going to a class- if not harder at times like this as you are answerable only to yourself (probably your hardest critic) so you could have kidded yourself or just outright lied!

You didn't and can now move on- well done you!

p.s. drink LOTS more, you bad girl!

Lol ok ok! For some reason when I eat bad things I barely drink. On a normal healthy day I drink 2L+ pure water, so i'm all good now I'm back on track! It doesn't help matters being *week minus 2days... I'm thinking mega water drinking otherwise I'll end up like a giant water balloon by next WI!! I just didn't time that binge very well!! Lol

I feel great today, looking forward tomy yummy roast this evening! Xx

Yeah, you go girl, bad times finished, good times ahead. Congratulations on not letting it carry on, nip it in the bud, face the music, and then move on. Brilliant. xx

This may be a really dim question but what is star week? I keep seeing it about and keep forgetting to ask!

Back