My first scan bran experience...

Sio

I keep seeing threads for scan bran so bought some at WI tonight.

I tried some with soup but it was thick soup and didn't do much to soften it. I think I could actually quite grow to like it. My OH says its a diet food because it takes so long to eat you get bored lol There's certainly plently to keep you occupied but definately an acquired taste!

I tried making the chocolate scan bran cake. I've made the all bran one before and it was quite similar. I had it with forzen raspberries and some yougurt and quite enjoyed it. Very filling and felt like a proper dessert.

I might buy some more next week.

I brought some scan bran. Its still on the side looking at me, dont really know what to do with it. Can you just spread something on it or is it best to soak it and make something with it?

I tried some cottage cheese with it as I quite like Ryvita. It's quite chewy so if you like that you could put some philadelphia etc...on it. You definately need something with it, at the very least a cup of tea as it makes your mouth quite dry otherwise.

The only way i could eat it is with tuna and tomato I found you needed something moist with it
My daughter likes it with marmite
They say that you get best results by eating it as is and not through baking

Personally bought two packs, ate most of it and never ate it again, it didn't seem to work for me, but some in my group lost amazing lbs doing the scan bran challenge :)

Back