• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My first slow cooker meal has started cooking!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
G: 10st10lb
Hi troops, I've been going on about my intentions to buy a slow cooker for a while now and last night Argos had me in its clutches and I have prepared my first meal in it tonight!! I've just switched it on and by 6 am (when I get up for work) I'm hoping for success!! I browned some shin of beef, chopped up and chucked in onion, garlic, carrots, parsnips,swede, celery, leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes, beef stock, red wine, cumin, coriander, chilli, thyme and a couple of bayleaves!! Wish me luck!!!X

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
G: 10st10lb
Oooh GTBTD it was gorrrrgeous (even if I do say so myself!!! LOL!) I woke to the smell of casserole wafting up the stairs- actually maybe not the nicest smell at 5.30 am when getting up for work, but I was very excited and really impressed!! My dh ate it throughout the day when I was in work and I took some in with me!! Can't wait to do more stuff!! Do you have any favourite things you cook in it?!X

Meli

Gold Member
S: 13st11.6lb C: 13st11.6lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I have a cheap small one I bought from Asda and it hasn't been touched yet. Really need to start making something in it! Does anyone know of any good recipe book or site for slow cooking?

S: 11st11lb C: 11st5.5lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 0st5.5lb(3.33%)
my fav slow cooker recipe is beef & root vegetable hotpot, from my recipe book '200 slow cooker recipes' published by hamlyn. I amend it for Sw by leaving skin on spuds, browning meat & onions in fry light. Delicicious & syn free if using potato as HE.

probably the best thing I cook in mine is a chicken!!

its so yummy it basically falls to bits which means no waste what so ever!

I also cook stews, casseroles, chillis etc.

I love everything I cook in it, you will soon be addicted to your slow cooker, bunging everything in making very easy but very tasty food!!

furrystomper

BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER
S: 16st12lb C: 16st5lb G: 13st7lb BMI: 44.7 Loss: 0st7lb(2.97%)
Beef borgunon is really nice cooked in slow cooker, steak in ale and coq au vin there defo my fav's. id be lost without my slowcooker :D