FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Morning Red - Curls has been busy.
She did pop into the DGs fred a couple of weeks ago but has been conspicuous by her absence this week.

Hope you're okay Hevs.

Pommette said:
Morning Red - Curls has been busy.
She did pop into the DGs fred a couple of weeks ago but has been conspicuous by her absence this week.

Hope you're okay Hevs.

Can I just ask
What is this DGs fred?

(hugs Hev)

Can I just ask
What is this DGs fred?

(hugs Hev)
It's where 12 of us all natter. So we used the title The Dirty Dozen! Hence we're known as the Dirty Girls or DGs for short!
Most of us were either at or very close to target and wanted to stay there and needed somewhere to chat so we started the fred in Dec 2011.
We're now the Dirty Half Dozen - as we've lost half the team. But we still natter away and encourage each other to stay on track.
It's linked in my Sig!

Hey folks, the prodigal son (well daughter) returns!!! Life has been topsy turvy with the car saga continuing- it really is a logistical nightmare sharing a car living out in the sticks with very infrequent buses into town, and I don't even work in town! We are still waiting on the insurance company to get their act together and tell us what is happening! We have no idea on timescales or the cost implications for us or even whether they will do the work or not, they may write it off, and if they do I don't know what it means in terms of the leasing agreement- we have 5 payments left to make before he is due to change his car in July anyway!! It couldn't be any more complicated! And we went for the leasing option for hassle-free motoring!!!! I have looked into the courtesy car avenues Bev and we're not entitled to one because the car isn't being fixed in the insurers approved garage, it's already dismantled in Renault!!

I have some good news though- Despite living on the road and not spending all that much time at home lately, I have managed to stay on track foodwise and doing lots of walking (incorporating a teenyweeny bit of running into my walks when noone's looking!) and my losses are going well! I lost 1lb last week and 3lb this week, totalling 12 lb in 5 weeks. I'm really pleased with that!!

The second bit of news is that I have started doing Roller Derby!! If you haven't heard of it check out the following!! It's a roller skating track sport which originated in Chicago in 1935 and has made a recent comeback, filtering through to UK lately. It's a fast paced, high impact sport and the first few classes, infact much of the training is focused on falling and stopping! You literally throw yourselves onto the floor as there is a high risk of falling as it' so fast paced. You wear all the pads, helmet and mouthguard!! Ladies, I really think I've found the sport for me!!! It's just a bit of fun at first and then after a few months you take your 'minimum skills' tests and then you're invited to go to advanced classes where you can work towards joining the team!! May I also add that the pastime is also a great 'shopportunity'!! It opens up a whole new world of fashion! Shorts/hotpants with funky tights or leggings and knee high socks- it's amazing!!!

Roller derby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reaper Roller Girls | Swansea Roller Derby

How are you all? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
12lbs in 5 weeks is fab :) Well done x

I know about roller derby I saw the film Whip It with Drew Barrymore - it looks fab :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya Hevs - well done on the losses. 12 lbs in 5 weeks if fantabuloso.

Lots the plot on the car though. Last I heard was they were trying to sort a problem out under warranty.
Must be pretty massive to consider writing off a car that is less than 3 years old!

PS The oriniginal RollerBalll film from 1975 is VERY losely based on Roller Derby - although a lot nastier!

Last edited:
Wow doing well there then Hev
Im loving the sound of the Roller Derby I saw a film based around it once it looked quite violent in places lol

It might have been Elle
I know it was about a female roller team

That's the one I remember. The whole objective for them was to kill the opposition!

Back