FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Morning x

I just looked up your cottage cheese (as I was sure it must be free. :() and that one is 1.5 syns?! Sorry x The Aldi one with pineapple is free though if you have one near?

Sorry again. Hope you're ok x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning x

I just looked up your cottage cheese (as I was sure it must be free. :() and that one is 1.5 syns?! Sorry x The Aldi one with pineapple is free though if you have one near?

Sorry again. Hope you're ok x

Hi Lisa, I knew the cottage cheese had syns in it which is why I estimated 0.5 syns for the amount I had XXXX Thanks for looking it up though, they do seem to vary a lot don't they!! And sometimes the ones which you would think had syns in them don't!! XXXX

Week 3- Day 4- Friday 1st February 2013.

Breakfast- 2 Golden Syrup Weetabix (HEXb + 2 syns) with 125 ml skimmed milk (1/3 HEXa) and a sliced banana.

Lunch- Boots Shapers sushi (3 syns), Boots Shapers Chocolate fudge bar (5 syns). An apple (guess who's been out shopping today!!) Had to take dh to work then called into a retail park to buy presents for 2 friends- Next have the most adorable range of slippers at the moment- worth checking out the range!! Then had to drop in some papers to the accountant.

Did some cooking- a chicken casserole in the slow cooker and a pea & ham soup! Food to keep us going over the weekend!!

Tea- Pea & ham soup- dried peas (soaked), onions, celery, carrots, ham (from cooked joint), veg stock, sage, thyme, paprika, bayleaf. Really yummy! Followed by chicken casserole cooked in slow cooker (Chicken thighs, legs, wings and breasts ie the lot!!, red onion, garlic, mushrooms, celery, carrot, parsnip, red pepper, chicken stock, tarragon, sage, chilli flakes, paprika, bay leaf).

Milk in cups of tea (part HEXa).

Total syns 10.

Last edited:
Congrats on your loss Curls

I have to congratulate you on your exercise too. That's something I'm going to have to psyche myself up for I think.

Is there a sprouts craze on right now? They are one vegetable I cannot get on with. My son has a story book called 'Out Smelly Sprout' about how noone wants a lonely little sprout at Christmas. Sounds about right to me! :D

They are one vegetable I cannot get on with. My son has a story book called 'Out Smelly Sprout' about how noone wants a lonely little sprout at Christmas. Sounds about right to me! :D
Snap - I cannot get on with shop bought sprouts. When we bought our house in 1986 about a third of our 1/4 acre garden was a huge veggie plot - and at least 1/3 of it was . . . yeah you guessed it . . . sprouts. I have to say I did try a few though - we picked them when very young before they got too strong and I have to say they were ok. Tasted more like cabbage - which I love. But shop bought ones are big and strong and horrid. Yuk.
The only other veg I'm not mad keen on is aubergine. I'll eat it gridled on a plancha so it is quite crispy. But other than that I can take it or leave it.

Hehe well I must say I LOVE sprouts so much I would be quite happy having a big bowl of them with white pepper and call it a meal!! Yum yum! Im struggling to think of a veg I don't love- I used to detest broad beans as a child and now I love them! Maybe green peppers- I find them bitter and quite tasteless! Oh and the really curly scratchy lettuce you get in some salad bags- bitter and horrible! XxxX

Hehe well I must say I LOVE sprouts so much I would be quite happy having a big bowl of them with white pepper and call it a meal!! Yum yum! Im struggling to think of a veg I don't love- I used to detest broad beans as a child and now I love them! Maybe green peppers- I find them bitter and quite tasteless! Oh and the really curly scratchy lettuce you get in some salad bags- bitter and horrible! XxxX

I too love most veg (now - I used to be SO fussy) except celery. Although if its cooked in a spaghetti Bol or soup it's ok.

I too love most veg (now - I used to be SO fussy) except celery. Although if its cooked in a spaghetti Bol or soup it's ok.
Oooh, I forgot about celerey. I'm a bit like that too Lisa. Hubs will happily munch a celery stick raw but I couldn't do that. But cooked is fine - especially done underneath a joint of roast beef. It adds to the juices and the gravy and is heavenly to eat too. And it is absolutley essential chopped up really fine into stews and casseroles - and spag bog - it really improves the flavour.

Talking of flavour, have you lot tried the Knorr Stock Pots? We bought our first ones last week as a few friends here had got them and were raving about them. We got the Rich Beef ones and to be honest I was not that impressed. Used half in a Spag Bol and I can't say I noticed the improvement. Used the other half just to make a quick onion gravy one night and I actually didn't enjoy it. I'd have been just as happy with Bisto!

I feel exactly the same about celery as you too. Raw its like eating stringy tonic water, but cooked is fine. I also agree with you Curls about the Raddichio (I think thats it).

My mum LOVES sprouts - she likes to stir fry them with bacon and chestnuts at Christmas and they are actually mildly palatable when they aren't so soggy. A sprout soup is doing the rounds on my FB Slimming World page - have you tried that Curls. I could dig you sprout lovers out the recipe if you don't already have it?

I was good last night - had my wine as planned, had crisps out but not one was eaten by me. I had raw veggies with SW friendly dips. Quite pleased with myself - didn't get to bed until 4.40am though and we were only crafting!!

Red Riding Hood said:
I feel exactly the same about celery as you too. Raw its like eating stringy tonic water, but cooked is fine. I also agree with you Curls about the Raddichio (I think thats it).

My mum LOVES sprouts - she likes to stir fry them with bacon and chestnuts at Christmas and they are actually mildly palatable when they aren't so soggy. A sprout soup is doing the rounds on my FB Slimming World page - have you tried that Curls. I could dig you sprout lovers out the recipe if you don't already have it?

I was good last night - had my wine as planned, had crisps out but not one was eaten by me. I had raw veggies with SW friendly dips. Quite pleased with myself - didn't get to bed until 4.40am though and we were only crafting!!

Sprout soup? Sprouts in soup? Souped sprouts?
I need sprout soup in my life tee hee

Sprout soup? Sprouts in soup? Souped sprouts?
I need sprout soup in my life tee hee

We-ell you may change your mind when the other ingredients are revealed. It sounds like you can power yourself on this soup alone, no need for other transport!! :

Sprout soup
Sprouts onion boiled add a tin of baked beans and a veg stock cube then boil - seems some people add passata too. There are a LOT of people raving about it on my SW page. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Red Riding Hood said:
We-ell you may change your mind when the other ingredients are revealed. It sounds like you can power yourself on this soup alone, no need for other transport!! :

Sprout soup
Sprouts onion boiled add a tin of baked beans and a veg stock cube then boil - seems some people add passata too. There are a LOT of people raving about it on my SW page. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Mmmmh this sounds like something
best eaten on my days off
I do not want a repeat of last weeks
handing out gas masks to customers
boarding my bus.....

Shouts and waves bingo wings in Hevs direction

Happy Sunday Hev

Back