• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My fishy week!

snuggle69

Silver Member
S: 19st12lb C: 14st1.0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 5st11lb(29.14%)
As I have had a few dodgy weeks with either a gain...which I deserved or a sts at weigh in last tues I decided to pull myself together and pow pow pow these last few pounds. As the only time before I got a large loss (5lbs in a week) was when I ate lots of fish I decided to go for it again. So all I have eaten this week is fish, avoided meat altogether, and one day I had quorn sausages. Sneaked a peak on the scales this morning...because I cant help it and they are showing a 5lbs loss!! and I dont weigh in till tuesday :) Right now I am a happy bunny again and even more determined to continue this for the rest of the week....Will keep you all updated x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
S: 12st13.5lb C: 8st12.5lb G: 9st3lb BMI: 20.7 Loss: 4st1lb(31.4%)
wow!!!!!

hehe hands up who is tempted to run off and do a fish week!

JessR

S: 16st1lb C: 14st5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 33.4 Loss: 1st10lb(10.67%)
That sounds really good. I would definitely do a fish week - I love fish but struggle sometimes with how to cook it. Perhaps someone could start a thread with fishy receipes?

*EB*

Gold Member
not sure i could do a whole fishy week - but it sounds fun!!! good luck Snugs - i am here rooting for you honey xxx

POWPOWPOW!!!!! or......BOBBOBOB if you are a fish!!!! :) xxxx

S: 14st3.5lb C: 14st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 28.9 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.75%)
gd luck ::D we have fish 1-2 times aweek dont tihnk i could eat it all week tho hehe hee x

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
S: 12st13.5lb C: 8st12.5lb G: 9st3lb BMI: 20.7 Loss: 4st1lb(31.4%)
fish pie.
cajun spiced salmon.
smoked haddock.
cod.
fish curry.
tuna pasta/salad.
tuna jacket pot.
tuna steaks.

hmmmmm def thinking of a fishy week!! most fish is s or ss so it does make sense!

hey snuggles did you just have your main meal as fish or your lunch too??? do you have a food diary??

Last edited:
I agree fishy weeks rock !

I always have a great loss on a fishy week, I did one last week also and lost 6.5lbs it was week 10 for me so deffo wasnt water weight

I made fish pies, grilled fish, prawn and tuna salads then served them with a few new potatos and lots and lots of veg

S: 11st12.5lb C: 11st6lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 0st6.5lb(3.9%)
If my loss is mediocre this week, then I'm definitely up for this. I don't eat enough fish already, so this will give me a boost hopefully :)

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Meli

Gold Member
S: 13st11.6lb C: 13st11.6lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I also try to have fish at least 2-3 times a week (mostly prawns, crabsticks or grilled fish).

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
S: 18st2.5lb C: 18st2.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 41.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I have to say, I do like fish (apart from salmon, bleurgh!! :yuk:) but I don't know how to cook it i.e. timings. If someone could help me out with any recipes and timings I'd be tempted! :) xxx

S: 33st0lb C: 21st13.5lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 46.8 Loss: 11st0.5lb(33.44%)
I don't eat any fish but know I should. I'm the same as Sian, I just don't know what to do with it and the smell from the fish counter really puts me off.:eek:

Wow - i'd be really interested to see what you have been eating then on your all fishy week!!

I enjoy fish but not sure I could think of enough things to make for a whole week. I love baked salmon & roasted tomatoes, I also really love mixed seafood stirfries with prawns, mussles etc in but thats all I ever really seem to make with fish. I guess theres tuna fishcakes, tuna steaks (I actually have some in my freezer but not sure what to do with them! lol) or baked cod/haddock with pots & veg - now I am thinking about it theres alot more to what I thought of!! lol

Anyway - please can you give us an insight into what you have been eating?? Have you been just having red days with only fish or doing EE??

Massive well done to!

On my fishy week i had tinned fish n salad for lunch, so tuna,salmon,prawns,sardines then for tea i had fish baked in foil parcels with diffetent herbs n spices each night for example saturday i had lemongrass n chilli another day i had spring onions n black pepper. I even curried one t. I treated myself to fish pie on monday topped with sliced spuds rather than mash.

salsaqueen

S: 14st8lb G: 8st12lb
I love fish so this would be worth a go, especially as I've only got 3 weeks till my hols. I havent had a 5lb loss since my 1st week. Let us know how you get on. x

Christiana

Mens sana in corpore sano
S: 35st10lb C: 34st4lb G: 27st0lb BMI: 78.7 Loss: 1st6lb(4%)
Interesting, I like fish, but I'm quite picky about it. I love mackerel tinned in brine, tuna, salmon and prawns, and I eat these a couple of times a week, I thought I was eating too much of it! I've never tried mussels or crab though. It'll be nice to see how you get on.