My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

Hi MC,

Sorry to hear you were feeling unwell. Glad you few a bit better today. Cutting carpet? Are you doing some decorating? I hope you have a great day :) x

Oh god I have a filthy mind when I read "cutting the carpet" hahaha.

but yeah the whole house needs doing, nearly done with painting upstairs, and then the floors will need to be carpeted up there and on the stairs..
then wood laminate is all downstairs as it will be far easier with the dogs :) (tbh I'm tempted to do it upstairs and only carpet the stairs lol)

OH works a lot so it's going at a slow pace though :(

Forgot to update food then!

B: Left over shish.. I'm going to go with 4 syns for it yesterday so 7 today. :) Already half way through my syns :( And I'm snacky again...

Lunch will be a ton of super free junk chucked in a pan with a bit of pasta :)

No idea about dinner!

Popping by to sub, well done on your fab progress so far, looking forward to following your journey! x

I'd do upstairs too if I could. We have carpet and I hate it would much prefer wooden floors. Have wooden floor downstairs throughout though and it's so easy to keep clean. Vacuum just glides over them :)

I'll mention it to the OH then.. :)

Okie, food today:
HEB : x2 rocky hifi bars
HEA : Milk and 2 laughing cow triangles

B: Rest of the Shish from last night (7)
L: Pasta with x2 ww cumberland sausages (1) tinned toms, onions, garlic, carrots.
D: Duck breast, fat and skin cut off with salad, pickled beetroot and peppers.

Syns : Meringue nest (2.5) Mini Twister (2.5)
Total : 13 syns.

sHWPdev.jpg bII5CgF.jpg

Hi MC, thanks for the pictures of the burgers. I tried them yesterday and loved!
I've also done rochers and the SW roulade. Not a fan of the half syn roulade. It is too eggy for me so will be trying your recipe!

Thanks for your diary btw, it made me realise that I can use half a hex on one thing and half on another!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I cut the skin off first, then cut the skin in half, then gave a piece each to the dogs so I couldn't eat it.
worked out as 13.5 syns for the whole breast otherwise!!!!!!!

OH had skin on his and it turned out far nicer. I still enjoyed mine but I really missed the skin. :(

And no problem, I'm glad my food diary has helped you. :) It's nice reading other peoples diaries for tips and stuff.. (Just like I'm going to go buy chorizo next time I go shopping because of Lisa, lol. :D)

I found the half syn one too eggy as well, and I also didn't like the quark inside with it. Urgh.
It was why I made up my own one and it was far nicer, lol!

Lisa : It was still juicy but no where near as juicy as OH's. Half wish I didn't use any syns and then saved them all for cooking with the skin on, lol!

On a positive note I started as a size 32 trouser bottom, and I now fit into some 24's. :D (depends on shop)
And I started on 28 on top and I'm comfortably wearing a 22 right now.

Hurray!

Thats brilliant with the sizes MC! You are doing so well!

Must make it easier for shopping as well as most shops stock sizes in the 20's but not a lot of mainstream shops go into the 30's :)

And glad I could help influence you as you have influenced and inspired me!!

Looking forward to trying your roulade MC- although I may have to save my syns on that day incase I scoff the lot!!

Haha I nearly scoffed the lot, too! Suppose you could swap the cream for some yoghurt or something though. Save on the syns ;)
Strawberries and cream is amazing though

Last edited:
Time to write down food I've had before I forget and have extra syns lol :D

B : Pack of french fries (4.5)
L : Omelette with mushroom and onion and a small bit of cheese (1/3 hea)

snacks: mini twister (2.5 rounded up, but app says 2? I dunno what to count it as, lol.)
Syns : 7

Had a bite of a pink and white (1) but OH stole the rest, so up to 8 syns now!

Dinner was cheddar and mustard gammon (free! from asda.) with roasted veg (tomatoes, onions, peppers, carrots) yummy. :)

7 syns left so may have a curley wurley.. hmm..

Sorry for the bad photo, lol. :D

GD6wBqe.jpg

I think you have to syn it if it's cooked with the skin on, but I'm not sure :/ The fat from the skin normally goes in the meat.
I don't really know though. :(

Okay today I've had :
Hea : Cheese and milk
Heb : nothing yet (may have to go buy some alpen lights.. got nothing in!)

B/L : SW pancakes with mixed berries and a muller light (one of those fruit ones so half a syn)
D : "stuffed" lasagne. Pasta stuffed with a bolognese sauce and then baked in the oven. Tomatoes, tinned toms, carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, chilli pot (1/3 so half a syn)

Syns : Curley wurley
Total : 7 so far

May have some more of the pasta later.. it was divine. Going to take the dogs out for some off lead play before it gets too dark though :)

hey hun. When you say stuffed lasagne how do you stuff it like what kind of pasta do you use?

Back