My food diary

Good morning!

I am feeling so very happy today and i'm not sure why! Yesterday my lunch was awful-the garlic naan tasted so horrible. I had one bite of it and couldn't stomach any more so I ended up just eating the salad alone. Which actually didn't bother me so much. I didn't end up going to the gym, in fact I did no exercise yesterday. I just felt so tired, all I wanted to do was sleep-which in fact I feel right now as well!

Dinner yesterday was grilled chicken breast with some chilli and garlic stuffed inside and boiled vegetables.

I woke up this morning feeling really thirsty and water just wasn't working for me, so I had a glass of milk. I am counting that as breakfast! Lunch today will be a pitta with salad or I might go for a walk to the supermarket and get some sushi. Dinner will be lamb chops-grilled with some more veg. I went to the market and bought veg-it was so cheap!

I am also planning on coming off the pill- I have booked an appointment with my doctor to talk through it, but from what I gather being on the pill makes it harder to lose weight so i'm thinking that might be why my loss is less than I had expected/hoped. I spoke to my boyfriend about it last night and he said that I should do what is best for me.

Checked my weight this morning-as I do half way through the week and i'm the same :( but to be fair I did have pizza the other day so this week really is my own fault! Also, this morning my stomach really hurts. It's like a sharp pain on the right hand side but it comes and goes. Not really sure what it is. It feels similar to period pain but a little stronger. Cup of tea for me I think!

Hope everyone is ok! xx

Hmmm ok so I had my usual cup of tea-I can't function without it unfortunately!

This afternoon I had a pitta with salad and tonight I plan to make some kind of vegetable soup before all of my veg goes all horrible!

I looked at myself in the mirror last night and it was really weird! Most of my weight is on my stomach so I have huuuuuuuuuuuuge love handles. But one side is now smaller than the other :S only by a small amount but yeh I managed to notice. Other than that I still look like a blob :(

This is so annoying-i'm really starting to not like it and i'm so demotivated now. I don't want to be this unhappy obsessing over weight that obviously does not want to get off me.

Hello!

Ok so I didn't make soup-I actually fell asleep as soon as I got home because I so tired!

I did have a nice sleep-except randomly waking up at about 5am! Today I have had my usual cup of tea. I have a pitta and salad for lunch. Will be going food shopping tomorrow so plan to get plenty of stuff! Dinner will be whatever my mum cooks for me! Like I said i'm at the point of thinking 'really what is the point-nothing is changing!' so right now I will happily eat whatever my mum gives me!

Not looking forward to the weigh in on Sunday. I don't think i'm going to bother to be honest, I think it will only demotivate me further :(

Weigh in today-no change.but like I said earlier I had a feeling that would happen. I'm having abreak until I speak to my doctor on Wednesday.that doesn't mean I'll be running out to get some mcdonalds!

I just think I need help to work out where I am going wrong! Let's hope the doctor can help me!

Hmmm ok not seen the doctor yet-my appointment isn't until tomorrow.

I just had to write down that I ate not so healthily yesterday-I ended up in Chuquitos-it was the only thing I ate all day. But it made me feel bloated and sick and horrible-I think it's because my body is not used to having food like that. So today I will be eating light-yep i'm still on my break but I don't want to feel sick :(

Oh oh oh also, I found out today that my scales might be incorrect. When I go home over some weekends I weight myself on Sunday morning and then when I get back to my flat I weigh myself again and there always seems to be a difference of 2 pounds. My mum text me this morning and said that she weighed herself at home and then got the doctor to do it and there is only 1/2 pound difference between their scales-which means I may be 1 1/2 pounds lighter than I thought!

I'll get my doctor to weigh me tomorrow and go from there. My appointment is in the evening though and i'm used to weighing myself first thing in the morning.

Ahhh well-never mind

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Hi David

How are you? I'm losing around 1 pound a week-it seems to be impossible for me to lose anything more than that which is actually really demotivating and why i'm off to see my doc tomorrow.

Calorie wise I don't really count to be honest-I did start to though. I'm under 1000 most days (except obviously yesterday in chiquitos!) I don't tend to eat breakfast as it makes me feel quite sick. I snack on strawberries and grapes. Lunch is well under 300 cals-generally I eat a pitta bread with salad and the pitta is 113 from memory. I've started eating lots of grilled fish for dinner, with either veg or salad. Either that or some kind of grilled meat with veg or salad. I used to hate eating veg but now I can't get enough of the stuff!

Maybe I should be counting...I'll start doing that I think. How many calories are in tea though? I have to have one cup in the morning with very little milk and one sugar.

I saw my cousin over the weekend who said I looked really good-and taller actually! I very nearly fit into the size down jeans I have from ages ago. I managed to get them on with no difficulty-just buttoning them up was the problem. If i'd really pushed I could have buttoned it up but I didn't want to do that-I want them to fit properly-with me being able to breathe in them! :D

Just as a note-I had strawberries and grapes for my lunch. Drink wise-i'm having ribena (the light version).

I ordered a low gi recipe book from a website last week but it still hasn't arrived :S

I got sent an easter egg by a recruitment company we use where I work-mmm chocolate. I'm going to be good and give it to my brother-although I might pinch a bit :)

Dinner-as I am going to be organised today-will be a stir fry. I bought rice noodles and will either have chicken or prawns-probably prawns. Will need to get to the supermarket to get some other veg though.

I am in desperate need of a back massage as well! Dear me-I complain a lot! Will need to sort that out as well!

Dinner yesterday was kindly bought by my partner. We had a small disagreement and he upset me so to make up for it he went round town and picked up food that I luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve to eat!

Now let's see, it wash a bit of a snacking dinner in that we ate it in little parts. We had olives stuffed with chillis (very very chilli chillis!), and those long chillis (like the ones they give you with kebabs) stuffed with feta cheese and some foccacia(sp) bread from Carluccios. Then we had some corn on the cob. And then it was sea bass (which he got fresh from the market) with 2 small discs of potatoes which had been ovened. We cut the discs from one potato using a shot glass! Considering I only ate a few grapes and 3 strawberries for lunch I don't think that was too bad. He got 2 sea bass's so I will be making the other one tonight.

I'm going to see my doc tonight as well-time to sort this out!

I snacked on fruit this morning-grapes. I did have a kiwi in my box but felt quite full with just the grapes. Lunch was one of the mini packs of sushi (yes I finally gave into the temptation still not knowing whether it was low or high gi!) Had a nice cup of tea as well.

I asked this questions somewhere else here but no-one replied :( Has anyone bought any clothes in the size they want to be for motivation? I have seen a dress that I love! It's on sale as well but I don't want to get it in my size now because i'm hoping to lose a lot more weight and it will end up too big. Not too sure if I should get it in the size I want to be though. Any thoughts?

Also my low gi recipe book was delivered today! I will be making EVERYTHING in the book, I had a quick flick and everything looks yum! Will let you all know what it all tastes like :D

Right time to get back to work. xxx

I went to the doctors yesterday-my scales are about half a pound out from hers-I will stick to mine though as that way I can track exactly how much I have lost.

She was very nice to me :) Although she did say I may have developed asthma :( I've had a cough since January and I did this test and you have to blow into this machine and my reading was lower than it was meant to be. She has given me an inhaler and told me to use it for a week and see how I get on. If my cough eases with it, it means I have asthma. If it doesn't work I have to go back so they can figure out what is wrong with me.

Weight wise I asked her about if the pill was making it harder for me to lose weight. I think she thought I was asking if it made you put on weight as she started talking about how it increases appetite. She said the only way to know if it was affecting me was to come off the pill for a couple of months and see how I got on-at the end of the day I can always go back on it. So I talked it over briefly with my boyfriend. He was just about to go out with his friends so it was very brief-he again told me that I needed to do what was best for me so it didn't bother him if I didn't take the pill or have the implant or anything.

My doctor also said that there wasn't enough evidence to support metformin so she didn't want to put me on it but said to maybe think about going on orlistat. She gave me a website to look at which I will do over the weekend.

I really wanted to do this without pills but I think I am going to have to seriously reconsider if I want to reach my goal.

Anyway dinner was some gluten free pasta with pesto.

This morning I realised I had no grapes so have bought in 2 kiwi fruits and 3 oranges. I had all the best intentions of waking up early to make breakfast but this cough means I find it difficult to sleep at night and so I find it difficult to wake up in the morning! I would really like some sushi again so will pop to the supermarket to pick some up-I only had the small one yesterday which I don't think was enough because I starving by the time I got home after work.

I am getting my hair cut today-woooo-I love getting my hair cut :) xxx

Morning!

Woohoo another pound gone :) Will update the stats thing in a second! I actually jumped with joy when I saw a minutes ago!!!

Yesterday I had no breakfast. Lunch was some more sushi-i've had my fill of it now so won't be having anymore for a while! and then dinner was some more gluten free pasta with pesto.

I went through the gi book at picked out 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners for next week. Some of things in there were so high caloried! I eat less than 1000 a day and one lunch was over 500!

Anyway will be spending Easter with my brothers and parents. Going to stop off at Carluccios to get them some goodies and then will be a little drive down to my parents house. My cough kept me up most of the night-think it's getting worse :( I don't really like doing aerobics in front of people who know me so I have opted to take my disc thing with me and try to find somewhere that does an aerobics class near my parents.

Oh and I LOVE my new hair! The hairdresser put dry wax on it-i've never seen dry wax-I was so amazed by it that I had to buy some!

Right time to get out of my pyjamas and start doing stuff!!!

Hope you all have a great easter!!!xxx

Hello!

I cannot believe it's been 4 weeks already-i'm back to totm :( I put on 2 pounds!!! 2!!!

Easter was good-I did my best to resist as much chocolate as I could. My aunty got me an egg with my name on it, I had a small piece and let everyone else eat the rest. Considering I was at my parents, I did well food wise-didn't really eat anything I shouldn't have-had a few roast potatoes with my lamb on Sunday and I think that was the worst thing I ate. Oh my nan made me white bread toast one morning as well and I didn't really have the heart to say I couldn't eat it once she had gone to the trouble of making it so I ended up eating that!

Tomorrow is officially my first day off the pill :) We decided not to bother with the implant or anything and to just let my body be!

Ahhhh man- my stomach hurts so much :( This morning I stood up off my chair and couldn't even stand up straight because I was in so much pain-i've never had that before. Luckily it calmed down but now my back aches. I hate being a girl sometimes!

Yesterday I had a chicken sandwich-219 cals. For dinner I had a piece of rump steak-grilled, with a teaspoon of pesto and some boiled veg. Not sure of the calories in that but I didn't have breakfast so was well under my 1000 allowance. I woke up this morning and felt all horrible-I hate periods!!! Hate them hate them hate them! But I don't wish that they would stop lol

Me and partner talked about children the other day-eeeek!

Today I have had my usual cup of tea. For lunch I had tomato soup. Dinner tonight will be marinated prawns with a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge salad-oooo i'm really looking forward to it!

Weight-one billion pounds

Why-because I think I broke up with my boyfriend on Saturday :( So much for him being a nice guy. You're meant to be able to tell them when something is wrong-so I tried-granted it's taken me a few weeks to do it but i've never been into that whole talking about feelings thing. But this thing (which for my own privacy I won't put on here) was really hurting me-hurting me to the point where I just wanted to cry all the time. So I tried to start talking about it and he said and I quote 'Stop talking b*****ks I've had enough of you'-now wasn't that nice. Two and a half years and for what?

So yes I spent all weekend eating chocolate and ice cream and sitting around generally feeling sorry for myself and at this point in time I have no real urge to come out of that. Be prepared for a lot of 'I ate pizza and chips today' and 'I had a curry' and things like that.

Ok so I went to Cafe Rouge last night-it wasn't great-not worth the money at all.

The starter was nice-I had mushrooms with cheese and garlic over it. My main was terrible-I had steak and asked for it well done, well it came out black and tasted of nothing but burntness(if that's even a word!) I was really looking forward to my steak but when it came down to it-I could have made it better! Dessert however was fantastic! I had a trio of creme brulee-it was three mini creme brulee's with different fillings.

I weighed myself this morning and have maintained my weight which I am really surprised about considering the night before last I had ice cream, crisps and chocolate!

Still feel horrible but am at work and getting on with it :) x

Just as a note for what I have eaten today...

One cup of tea with one spoon of sugar 44 cals (according to tinternet!)
Vegetable soup 206 cals
Special K bar 88 cals

So far that totals 338 for the day..hmmmm now what to have for dinner. I'm a proper foodie-I love food which is quite possibly why I am overweight!

I left my low gi book at home-i'll have a hunt around here and see if I can find any nice recipes :D x

I had some pastabake yesterday with plenty of vegetables mixed in-had the smallest amount of cheese possible and even when it was cooked I picked the part where I saw the least amount of cheese-in my defence I had about 600 cals to be playing with yesterday. The sauce for the bake was 113 I think from memory but not sure of the actual pasta-it was gluten/wheat free but I didn't check the calories in it.

This morning I have had a cup of tea (44 cals), lunch will be veg soup again-I have found a really nice soup in the low gi book, it looks awesome and is only 136 cals for this huuuuuuuge bowl! I will be making that for my lunch tomorrow. Dinner (as I am being prepared) will be chilli prawns with either brown rice or maybe a nice pitta bread. The menu for the prawns comes up up 367 but that includes lime basmati rice which I won't be having so I am hoping it is less than that!

I go to Paris in 6 weeks and want to start looking for holiday clothes but then I want to lose more weight before I buy any more clothes....what to do! 6 weeks is what I have. I want to lose a stone by then.

Let the games begin!

I ate my prawns yesterday-they made me sick all night :(

I feel awful. Not in work today because everything aches.

I have lost one of the 2 pounds I put on during totm though-although I haven't eaten or drank anything all day.

My head hurts because I haven't had my usual cup of tea but i'm too scared to have it in case I just throw it up again.

Bleh-being sick is horrible. I don't like it x

Hello!

I lost that second pound yay!

So I put on 2 pounds but then lost it again, technically I am back to where I started but I have lost 2 pounds :D

Being ill I didn't really eat much. On Friday my mum made me an omlette which I ate and kept down which was nice. Dinner was a piece of steak with roated meditterran vegetables. Saturday-wow I don't really remember-I don't remember eating breakfast or lunch! Dinner was turkey drummers with some mash (yes it was instant but we had nothing else in the house!).

Today I have had a cup of tea 44 cals, lunch will be sushi as I have a little craving for it! and dinner will be either griddled duck with plum confit and layered sweet potato (375 cals) OR lamb with braised lentils (492 cals) yum!

Will be going home to do my aerobics dvd tonight as well. Does anyone have the bhangra masala workout dvd? It looks sooooo good but all the copies online only play on American DVD players :( The one I did find that was similar was out of stock and they said they weren't going to get anymore in in the near future. I really want the DVDs though! There are 4 or 5 and I found them on this Indian website. They were £2 each! I got so happy and got all 5 and then saw it would cost me £37 to have them delivered!

My dad is going to India next month, i'll ask him to pick them up for me I think!

Just as a quick note-no time for lunch, made myself another cuppa to keep myself going. That's another 44 cals-cor blimey if I make the lamb tonight that will be a total of 580 cals, is that healthy? I generally keep my meals under 1000 cals but surely 580 is a little too low? Is that going to do more harm than good?

Also also also, I bought some harem trousers over the weekend and they were a size 12! I know they are elasticated but even the 12 was a little big on my stomach, but if I got the 10 it would be too tight on my thighs. I even fit into a 'small' at French Connection! My cousin is so lovely-she kept saying how proud of me she was and that I should definately keep it up because I looked really good :)

Back