My holiday starts when.....

Once I've decided where we are going I'm happy with that, but this year money is a little lacking!! No, never been in Feb to Florida, been April, July (not recomended), Oct & Dec, December was really nice, it's the quietest time of the year & it's really strange with all the Christmas decorations out & it being so warm.

I can't keep up with OH & his long weekends, mainly because he works overtime & I never know what's his rest day & what's normal shift work, I just notice if he's at home or not!!!!!

Once I've decided where we are going I'm happy with that, but this year money is a little lacking!! No, never been in Feb to Florida, been April, July (not recomended), Oct & Dec, December was really nice, it's the quietest time of the year & it's really strange with all the Christmas decorations out & it being so warm.

I can't keep up with OH & his long weekends, mainly because he works overtime & I never know what's his rest day & what's normal shift work, I just notice if he's at home or not!!!!!

I have the normal shifts on the calendar but then he goes and takes overtime or swaps but doesn't think to tell me lol.
Was surprised that Florida was cheaper in September than October. I loved September as it wasn't overrun with kids, did you find that in December? Also is it any cheaper then, would give me more time so could possibly work....hmmmm

Oh balls!

Yes it was very quiet, a few children but not many, and yes very cheap, for the 4 of us it cost £4600 which includes travel ins & visa, but not spends, the flights were £432 each, accommodation for 3 bed villa on Bahama Bay £600 for 2 wks, bargain, then just park tickets & car hire, car hire was £362 from dollar, but to be cheap it needs to be the week after Thanksgiving, so the first two weeks in December, after then & you're getting into Christmas break which starts getting expensive.

Yes it was very quiet, a few children but not many, and yes very cheap, for the 4 of us it cost £4600 which includes travel ins & visa, but not spends, the flights were £432 each, accommodation for 3 bed villa on Bahama Bay £600 for 2 wks, bargain, then just park tickets & car hire, car hire was £362 from dollar, but to be cheap it needs to be the week after Thanksgiving, so the first two weeks in December, after then & you're getting into Christmas break which starts getting expensive.

Date wise I could go from the 29th - two weeks later lol I shall a looksie at prices. Thank u for the info :) x

Oops booked a cruise so no Florida this year but told him next year for sure :)

Looking for somewhere to go in Sept has to leave on the 13th and return on the 20th as am tied to dog sitters and annual leave.

Cruise is a royal Caribbean transatlantic from Miami to Southampton via Bahamas, St Maartan and the Azores in Portugal. Never been on a cruise and I choose a transatlantic one...nutjob springs to mind lol

Feuterventura (or wherever) that's one of the ones in the Canaries/Balearics isn't it? Do you do AI? Really want something that's close, nice and warm and nice drinks :) x

And cheap!! That's most important lol :p

Will be going with a cheap last min deal so hopefully should be able to find something, can't book yet as they want whole amount up front so will leave it til beginning of September x

Cruise is a royal Caribbean transatlantic from Miami to Southampton via Bahamas, St Maartan and the Azores in Portugal. Never been on a cruise and I choose a transatlantic one...nutjob springs to mind lol

Feuterventura (or wherever) that's one of the ones in the Canaries/Balearics isn't it? Do you do AI? Really want something that's close, nice and warm and nice drinks :) x

You know a cruise sounds brilliant they go to so many lovely places, but not too sure if I could last so long on a ship.

Yes it is one of the Canary Islands, we have a place in Fuerteventura & try & go over at least once a year, its so nice & relaxing, we'll just chill, walk, drink, read.

How about Spain, that's not too far & will still be nice & warm?

You know a cruise sounds brilliant they go to so many lovely places, but not too sure if I could last so long on a ship.

Yes it is one of the Canary Islands, we have a place in Fuerteventura & try & go over at least once a year, its so nice & relaxing, we'll just chill, walk, drink, read.

How about Spain, that's not too far & will still be nice & warm?

That's my worry but it's booked now and I will take some seasick pills just in case. I'm of the mind lately basically "don't sweat the small stuff" so just try and make the best and what will be will be :)

Oh how lovely to have somewhere to retreat to it the warm *green* what is the weather like there mid sept?
I think I saw it on the late deals bit on Thomson x

Back