My Journey (again)

stacie3006

Hello Everyone :D

Well i went back to SW last week for 2nd time, first time was a disaster, i think i just picked the wrong time to go and i only ended up losing about 4lb all in all. This time im raring to go, ive shopped, planned all my meals etc and so far im on track.
My main reasons for doing this are varied and there is a few of them, so ill put them on the line for you
1. I have a 2 year old daughter i couldnt stand to leave if i died of an obesity related illness, how selfish of me to do that to her
2. I work at a local hospital and i am asked to give patients healthy eating lectures basically and healthy living talks, and i can see their eyes rolling all over my body as i talk about healthy eating habbits (i must admit i do feel abit of a hypocrite).
3. To feel more confident and like what i see in the mirror and be able to go into nice shops and get something off the rail and know i wont cry when i put it on because it simply doesnt fit me.
4. To just be healthy and have a good relationship with foods and the right kind of foods, to set a good example to my little girl.
5. When my daughter goes to school i dont want to give her an added reason to feel embarassed by me, lets face it all kids are embarrassed by their parents and to be fat to go with it, i wouldnt want her to get picked on.
6. For people to see me and not see my size first.

What really kicked my behind to go back to slimming world was an incident at work, i was working and a ward full of ladies really berated me for an entire shift
"omg isnt she huge" (im a size 22 not exactly monsoon sized but not thin)
"I bet she isnt married", "Dont you think you should lose some weight". I had this type of comment for a full shift, you can imagine what kind of mood i was in when i got home. To say ive never felt so humiliated was an understatement, no collegues backed me up, instead just laughed along like it was a joke.
My mum and dad celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary not long ago and they decided to book a 2nd wedding for august this year, which is going to be lovely and some what lavish affair. My sister is a very trim size 6 and a model to go with it, we both are wearing the same dress, i saw my sister try her dress on and i thought wow thats a gorgeous dress looks really nice and classy, until i put mine on!!!! totally different look going on.
I know i wont lose much weight between now and august but i really dont want to be a laughing stock in front of my family and family friends.

Anyways sorry to ramble, hope your all doing so well.

Hope to hear back from someone.
Stacey
x;);)

hey! you have a lot of good reasons to motivate you to do this! and those ladies on the ward, well that was just mean!! noone deserves that, no matter what their size is!!
it is only like 2 months until the wedding, but you still can lose a decent amount!!
and dont compare yourself to your sister, remember that as long as you feel good in the dress, thats the main thing!! (apart from the wedding itself ofcourse, but you know what i mean!! :p )

good luck, you can do it!!! x

Awww thank you so much, yes it was mean but i have to stay a true professional and do my job to the best of my ability regardless of how much abuse im copping along the way.
Yea the wedding, which im dreading with a passion, it will be a great day dont get me wrong, i cant upset my parents by not wearing the dress or making it known i dont feel ok in it so ill just have to suck it up as they say and get on with it.
2 months im hoping for a stone, i dont know how achievable that is but ill give it a whirl
Stace
x

well, well done for coping with it!! if it were me i would be crying in the cupboard lol! i think a stone in 2 months is more than achievable!! i have faith in you! im sure you can do it! and dont dread the wedding! enjoy yourself, and try your best to make sure you feel good in that dress!!! x

Awww thanks, yeah i waited until i got home for the tears to roll, i think i was just trying to get through my shift without crying haha sounds terrible. Im good at my job though thats the thing that upset me.. im quite (very) thick skinned and i can take a ribbing or ten but i think it just got to me that day
x

Just wanted to add how brave you are I would have probably got upset then why do people presume they can speak to others in that way their object was to humiliate - people say sticks and stones but if your colleagues had been the ones to have hurtful comments directed at them. It shows you have strength of character to get something positive out of that situation. In a couple of months you will feel so much more confident and well on you way to being even more of a success xx

Just wanted to add how brave you are I would have probably got upset then why do people presume they can speak to others in that way their object was to humiliate - people say sticks and stones but if your colleagues had been the ones to have hurtful comments directed at them. It shows you have strength of character to get something positive out of that situation. In a couple of months you will feel so much more confident and well on you way to being even more of a success xx

Thank you very much for that!, I just think what goes around comes around in any case. I might be a "big" girl but im a good person, i have a very selfless job and i always help others, if people abuse me for the privalidge then thats their problem. Im not losing weight for them im doing it for my little girl and our future.
Your words are very kind and very much appreciated though :)

Well Monday morning came around quickly again!
Im going to have a red day today, kept half my stir fry from last night i made so that will do for tea, and i quite fancy some eggs today!
Im still feeling rather positive, but i always think in the back of my head, how longs it going to last this time?? I know i should be more positive but i think ill be alot happier after WI on Wednesday.
I need to try and find some sort of exercise to do as well....

Hey Stacie - well done for being so positive and motivated this time round! Hope all goes well for you and you show those gossipers what healthy eating is all about xx

Hey Stacie - well done for being so positive and motivated this time round! Hope all goes well for you and you show those gossipers what healthy eating is all about xx

Awww thanks ever so much for your support means alot!!!. x

Afternoon hasnt been that bad, i made a full bowl of syn free lemon curd and now its chilled its more like a lemon yoghurt which is fine, i love tarty things so i put 5 lemons in, must admit made my eyes water abit haha. I just find it helps with sweet cravings as i now feel like ive had something and my mouth feels fresh and cleansed.

Still got a HEB left so i may indulge in a sardine in tomato on toast session later.

well tea turned out to be a mismatch of anytihng lol i started off with half the stir fry i made yesterday (kept half for today) and i didnt like it so i binned it and made sardines with tomato sauce on bread (HEB). Followed by some of my syn free lemon curd and a cup of herbal tea! I dont feel hungry at mo but i will later.
This is a quick question for people as i hear mixed things about this. On a given day you have all your free foods, does that mean you can eat more than 3 times a day and still lose weight on these free foods, someone iknow eats every 2 hours (she has a ferocious appetite), and still manages to lose weight. Sometimes it gets late on and im a bit hungry but i always refrain from eating incase it doesnt make me lose. Does that sound silly??? Also last time i did SW i was having alot of green days or ee days so i was eating alot of pasta or rice, could this have slowed my weight loss down a tad, i always assumed too much of those foods wasnt good for you!
Thanks x

Can totally relate with the how long will i be able to last on it or not quite believing I can do it thing- because I've paid for a countdown I know I'll go and get weighed and writing on here will help. Because i'm not counting everything it doesn't feel so much like a diet and I do think about what I've eaten and think- oh my god even when it's all free stuff.
i've had a few wobbles I was 1/2lb off first stone and what do I do thw next week I put on 3lbs and it took me a couple of weeks to get back to where I had been. Am trying to view as a lifestyle change so hopefully it will become second nature, only feel like 3 months in I'm getting my head around it!! x

Sometimes it gets late on and im a bit hungry but i always refrain from eating incase it doesnt make me lose. Does that sound silly???
Thanks x

nooooo it doesnt sound silly!!! i do exactly the same thing!!! once i've had my tea, i try not to nibble on anything else! i think its mainly through boredom to be honest, but i just have some tea, or a big glass of water. i read somewhere, that hunger is often mistaken for thirst, and that if you feel hungry, you should have a glass of water, then do something else for 10 mins and if you still feel hungry after then, then you are just hungry, so eat something!! dunno if it helps, but it makes sense to me!! x

Well today hasnt been too bad, some how ive only managed to eat 2 meals today i dont know how i managed that, but my tea turned out to be terrible :( i had chicken, chips and mushy peas SW style and i didnt enjoy it at all, and for a treat i had 3 squares of aero mint!! (about 4 syns)... its WI tomorrow and im not hopful for a great loss ive been good as gold all week and weekend but im due on :( i never in the past have lost when im due on its usually a sts, im not sure how i would feel if i aint lost anything on my first WI in though, i hope i have even if its just a lb!

Could anyone also point me in the right direction to get one of those count down ticker??? They look well dapper and id like one :)
Thanks
x

aww dont worry, everyone has bad days! im sure you'll do fine! and even if you're not happy with the result this week, dont give up hope!!! good luck with your weigh-in!! x

just click on my ticker, and it should take you to the website!! x

Awww thanks hunni, ill post tomorrow after WI the dreaded result!

Back