My journey. Onwards and upwards CD > SW

thanks I'lldoit and Kate. I'm feeling really good and happy right now. My partner and I were talking in bed last night about the rest now. He asked how much I'd like to lose and I said another 2 stone 2 was my target when I started, I asked him how much more he'd like me to lose and he said 'I loved your body before you started, so it makes no difference to me.' aww! I really do love the way my body is changing and how it's looking when I'm wearing clothes. However I hate the way I look naked still and I can still feel those love handles on my back and front. I would love to be off the packs by Chrisstmas if I'm being honest and am thinking about trying to lose another stone - 1.5 stones and then looking at slimming world or WW to lose the last stone or so. I'm not sure, but am happy to continue how I am for the next month or so.

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day, I'm feeling on top of the world.

2 st gone!!
Congratulations!!!
Enjoy feeling on top of the world you deserve it!!

this diet is the weirdest thing on this planet! Here I was feeling on top of the world last time I posted and here I am, after 4 really dwon days dat here. Not sure what's happened to me this week but I have felt so down. I've felt so fat, so fed up and so frustrated. I've been doing the normal thing of talking myself into going to WW or SW and doing the last 2-3 stone there, then saying to myself don't be so stupid as I know it won't work and I'll probally end up putting on the 2 stone I have lost. I've managed not to cheat this week but have been so so sooo tempted. I've done add a meal week and really enjoyed eating and that's just made me feel down. On top of that we've been planning Christmas and everything that comes with that and that's made me feel bad also, I haven't decided what to do yet but part of me wants to be done with this diet by then so I can eat without guilt. It's not a decsion I've made yet. Guess I'll see nearer the time.

Well not sure if my cdc is coming today, she said she will call me. Thik I'm going to tell her today she can come every 2 weeks if she needs, which I know is what she wanted to do.

Anyways sorry to moan and feel so down. Although I haven't posted in a few days I've visited every day trying desperately to get some inspiration and trying to get motivated. There's a great bunch of people spread around this forum and I thank you all for being here and supporting me even though you might not realise you do.

Have a great day all, Gemma

Hey Hun,

First of all, well done on ur losses!
Ok hun, put things into perspective..... it's a natural thing to feel deprived of food when u aren't eating it - I promise! We all feel so high one minute and the next like throwing in the towel. Rather than think of what u can't have, think of how incredibly well u have done this week - u wanted to eat soo badly, BUT u didn't - thats brilliant, and shows how strong u are!!!!!!!! I am in the same position as u, I have a furthur 3 stone to lose, and have been contemplating whether to switch to a more conventional plan such as WW/SW - BUT, I suppose the real choice here is; how quickly do we want to lose this weight???? If we're happy with steady losses & want to learn healthy lietime habits (and not binge after weigh in on the way home - not mentioning any names {me!}), or if u're like me (impatient and want the weight off now!!!) to follow VLCD to the letter, and be at goal within a few months. Just be truly honest with urself hun, and u will come up with the right answers for u.
But if u do decide to switch, do not think u're a failure, U'RE NOT! Life is too short to be constantly worrying about weight, u have to do what best suits u.

Lots of love, chelle xx

thanks ever so much chelle - what I really want to do is continue with CD until December and hopefully lose another stone by then. Then I'd like to switch to something else.

Thanks for the kind words, great to know someone understands.

well today I'm feeling great and terrible all at the same time.
CDC has just been and I have lost another 2lbs, that's 30lb now! However she told me she is not continuing as a CDC and now I'm just not sure where that leaves me or what to do. I was planning on coming off the diet by Christmas and using SL or WW to finish the diet. With this complcation I think maybe it would be better to start SL in 2 weeks rather than meeting a new CDC and going through it all again.

Well I'm in a bit of a pickle and really not sure what to do :S Guess I've got a lot of poundering to do.

I think I've learnt a lot about myself and my limits over the process of doing this diet and I do feel a lot more in control of my eating habits.. I just don't know what to do.

well it's about time I came on here and updated you all on my situation.

Tuesday was pure hell.. all day all I could think about was food. I wanted so badly to eat. I didn't but it was so hard.
Wednesday I woke up and all I could think about was the milky ways in the cupbaord. Again I resisted temptation and then thought about things. I came to the realisation that if I didn't eat, and very soon, I'd end up going mad and eating anything and everything.

With this in mind I decided to chose to start eating, in a planned and sensible maner. So I went shopping.. got lots of slimming world foods that I remember as I had decided I would be going the SW route. I then had 2 weetabix for breakfast. I really enjoyed them, didn't feel guilty and felt it was the right time for me to start eating.
I went on to have a salad roll for lunch and then made chicken with pepers, mushrooms and onions with a small bit of pasta for dinner.

I felt extremly empowered by my decsion and although the weight loss will be a lot slower now, I've had a kick start with losing 30lbs on CD and now want to learn how to eat sensibly and controlably. Lesson 1 over and observed :D

I've done a lot of reflecting while on cambridge and learnt a few things about myself. Since living with my partner I have never really made any effort with cooking, just done what I felt like or ordered takeaways. Since being on cambridge he has not had 1 takeawy and I have prepared his dinner every night.. making real eforts. On top of that each saturday I have spent baking and cooking him his fav things. I try to get home for lucnh most days and I would have a shake but make him poached egg on toast, or a jacket potato or something like that. Yet when I was eating I'd grab a pack of crisps and maybe a chocie bar or 2.. Thinking about this I came to realise that I did all this as for me HE is worth it.. I like to cook for him and I liek to see him satisfied with what I've made. However I'm not worth it.. I just grab what I can and continue with my day. Well of course sitting back now I know I am worth it. When I make him his poached egg why don't I have time to make a salad for me? Well I do and I will.have commited to ensuring I have salad msot days for lunch, and to cooking a proper meal in the kitchen at night.

I'm feeling good.. acting possitive and trying to avoid bad situations. I've cleaned up my environment and hopefully this will help me clean up my body for good. I'm looking to the future and there's good things ahead..

Hope all you lovely ladies and men have a great day.
Gemma

Hi Gemma
Well done hun on realising the most important thing '' YOU ARE WORTH IT'' :)
Can I just ask what made you stop CD as I did that last year and regained?I felt great and started WW but I lost 9lbs in 5 4 weeks but just couldnt stick at it?
I hope you do stick at your new plan and get to goal vv quickly??

I had just had enough. I know the dangers involved and pray I won't put on the 30lbs but I had to change something. I think we naturally have enough of CD, for some it's very early on, and for others it's after months. For me, I'm much happier with how I look now, I've still got 2 stone to lose, but I want to do that in a planned way and learning to manage food again. It felt right for me.

HI Hun!!

Nice to hear from u!
Well done on making an informed decision and seeing it through! I'm really pleased for u hun.
Please remember that if u do show a small gain, it will only be glycogen and not fat - so please keep on with the plan as it sounds like u're doing amazingly well!!!
Oh and;

YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

Big hugs, chelle xx

thanks chelle and kazz. Still feeling really good and possitive. Have managed to make good food choices and feel proud of myself. Went out to dinner last night and couldn't manage it all and so left some which was unheard of from me.

Anyways, have a good weekend all.

ops not been on for so long. It's weird, when doing CD you feel you very much need this forum to keep you going and now I'm doing SW I almost feel like I don't deserve all the help and support. Well I need you guys and so here I am back to posting.
I've been doing SW (kinda) for 1.5 weeks now. Starting eating has been fun, I only put on 2.5lbs so I was pleased with that. Today will be my first weigh in.. however I know I've put on as me and partner have been away for the last 4 days and although I've made the best food choices I can most of the time, it's so hard when you can't control how things are cooked.

I'm still feeling really good. I went to a party on Friday and wore some slim fitting clothes, I got so many compliments it was great. I also changed my hari style and partner told me I looked like a different woman and he was so proud of me. It was a reat night and I felt so good.

On top of that I had a hospital appointment on Friday and was told I can have the opperation I've wanted for 2 years as I have now lost the weight he required (well still got 10lbs to go but that's so doable!). So feling really happy.

Very content with my decsion to start eating, it was right for me. It's never going to be easy but I'll see how things go. Wishing you all a happy day x

had WI last night and lost 1lb, happy with that as I had eaten out 4 days in a row and although I had made good choices I was sure I would have put on.

Anyways, I've decided to try and be more organised, I have planned the weeks meals as if I have free choice I find that's where the probplems start. So last night had a gorgeous pasta dish made with eggs and fromage frais and really enjoyed that. Tonight I've got cottage pie. Really pleased with how things are going, just hope I can keep the momentum.

well since leaving CD I've lost and put on the same 2-4lbs and so it's time to bite the bullet and come back for a little while. I'm not intending to lose all my weight on cambridge but we will see. Having the break last time was just what I needed and I have learnt how to make cambridge work for me. I'm not sure what day to start, maybe tomorrow or friday. I will still use skimmed milk for tea and have my coke zero, 1 can a day. I feel I need this to be able to get by and it seemed to keep me in ketosis.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi again. Cambridge works, it makes you feel ace and I have never missed the 2 stone it helped me shed!

Happy 2007 all.
<3 gemma

day 1 back on SS and it didn't get started well! I over slept and didn't have time to make a pack so left home without having anything. Did manage to grab 2 bottles of water and already remembering what it's like to ask each foster carer to use their toilet! Twice in one visit!

Just got in and enjoying my hot choc mint. Feel really hopeful that I can settle back into ketosis without too many problems. I've decided not to put myself under any pressure. I'd like to lose at least another stone this time. And ideally have 2 stone I'd like to lose. But as long as I manage 1 stone, I can come off SS and then back on again if needed. But for me, my goal is to take off another stone and that's very doable.
Weighed myself today and I'm +2lbs from my november weight when I stopped SSing, that's not bad :D So here's to losing 16 lbs in the next 1-2 months. My thoughts are with you all and I hope we can support each other as I know all your words of encoragement helepd heaps last time.

Have a great day, Gemma x

Back