My journey, the ups, downs, warts and all

frenchfancy

I have made the momentous decision today with my husbands support to start Exante. I have previously lost 5 stone doing a combination of LL and CD so definately not a stranger to VLCD. Unfortunately in the last 5 years I have regained it all. I moved to France about 16 months ago and thought that I would be destined to be fat for the rest of my life. The Dukan diet is very popular over here and I have recently managed to lose 7kgs doing that, but after a few weeks I lose the momentum and will power when the weight loss slows and slide back to the old me and eat, eat & eat some more.
Some family members recently lost weight on CD and reminded me how quick and amazing the results were, so I decided to research and see if there was one that I could purchase abroad. Then I found Exante; initially I was worried about speaking to my husband about it as we have been here before, lost the weight, regained it scenario. Anyway I took the bull by the horns and explained how important it is for me and my sanity to lose weight. He was fabulous and said he would support me if thats what I really wanted to do. He has been brilliant recently and moves my ass into gear every morning to walk the dog with me around our local lake. We discussed it further and as we have family coming to us for a holiday from monday for 2 weeks we decided I would start it after they go home. So I have ordered 2 months supply, plus water flavourings ready to start as soon as they have gone. As I have been doing the Dukan diet I have been having very few carbs so plan to continue with low carbs whilst they are here.
I feel really quite excited about being liberated again and this time I am going to keep the weight off....I have learned my lesson and suffered the consequences of returning to my old eating habits.
I am now counting down and have 16 days to go and whilst I am not actually doing the diet yet I am going to keep this diary thread active as it is my preparation physically and mentally.

My parents arrive today from UK for 2 weeks, so that should be nice to see them as we haven't seen them since May. They return to UK 12th and then I start Exante 13th. Part of me wants to start the minute my stuff arrives but that is not practical, so will just have to wait. It seems strange somehow that I am excited about the fact that I will not be eating for a number of months, how bizarre is that, lol and how sad:wave_cry:

I know how you feel. I think not having to make daily food choices is quite a freeing experience. I take my packs to work with me on a Monday. I store the others in the order I am going to eat them during the week and then I never have to think about food all week. I'm not saying I DON'T think about food - damn those adverts lol - but at least I have no food choices to deliberate over. Enjoy your family's visit.

You've started a countdown lol - it must feel like you are counting down till Christmas lol! I guess being slim will be the best presnt! Take care.

Hello and welcome FF!

Sounds like you're really focussed and ready to make the change for life this time which is fab :)

Wishing you lots of luck for your exante journey :)

x

Hurray, my parcels arrived today, so now have my 2 months supply of packs. I was really pleasantly surprised as to how big the bars were, much bigger than LL & CD bars and we all know that size DOES matter no matter what people say lol.

I now just have 11 days to go until I can start. I am so excited and as soon as our guests have gone home, that's it! 100 % commitment to Exante:D

oo i didnt even think to count mine. although however they sent me a whole box wrong it was ment to be 21 vanilla and 21 strawberrys but it had another moe choc and nana so i emailed and their sending me the other 40 odd tomo so i cnt really complain at half a months worth for free! xx

Well I have had a bit of a change of plan! My mum flies back to UK on 12th sept and I had planned to start Exante on the 13th; however my mum has suggested I start on the monday 12th as she needs to be at the airport at 12.30 for her flight.
So I am now starting a day earlier, so now have only 8 days to start...................... WOOOOO HOOOOOO can't wait lol.:D

I am going to set myself some mini goals. They are
1. To lose 1 stone
2. To be able to wear my engagement ring again
3. To lose 2 stones
4. To be able to cross my legs and sit like a lady
5. To lose 3 stones
6. To fit into my size 14/16 clothes
7. To lose 4 stones
8. To re-evaluate and see if I want/need to lose more and if so to write new mini goals.

Back