My journey to 10st

I lost 4lb 14.5 but very nearly 14.4 my mood was awful again today, i dont know whats got into me. I think this diet really messes with my head at times. Im sure it will all settle down again though, i do remember feeling like this last time lol. Luckily my hubby is patient & so are my kids so i cooked pizza, potato slices instead of chips so my kids could dip them easier, they were fab or so they said. I could have cried not being able to eat it. I had to leave them to it & go for a bath which actually worked a treat, i was fine after that.

so i need to update this. i quit the diet (yes i know, so stupid) weight hovered in the 15s for months :( BUT.......i have seen the error of my ways lol. i'm currently on day 16 of my restart & weighing 13.13 as of monday!! my first goal was to be in the 13s again so although i only just scraped it i did tick it off woohoo! next mini goal is 12.13 (finding the mini goals alot easier to get my head round. i found week 1 of this restart horrendous, seriously i can totally understand why people give up in that week. the hunger pains were awful!! but of course i battled through & now *touch wood* i'm finding it pretty easy (well as easy as this is gonna get anyway lol) not in a massive rush to lose weight but i do have a holiday booked for december so to be at goal then would be great. My goal is 10st 10lb so quite a way to go, 3st 3lb to be precise ;) but no plans coming up before then so i'm focusing solely on being 100% for a full 12 weeks, 9 weeks & 5 days to go haha!

so i need to update this. i quit the diet (yes i know, so stupid) weight hovered in the 15s for months :( BUT.......i have seen the error of my ways lol. i'm currently on day 16 of my restart & weighing 13.13 as of monday!! my first goal was to be in the 13s again so although i only just scraped it i did tick it off woohoo! next mini goal is 12.13 (finding the mini goals alot easier to get my head round. i found week 1 of this restart horrendous, seriously i can totally understand why people give up in that week. the hunger pains were awful!! but of course i battled through & now *touch wood* i'm finding it pretty easy (well as easy as this is gonna get anyway lol) not in a massive rush to lose weight but i do have a holiday booked for december so to be at goal then would be great. My goal is 10st 10lb so quite a way to go, 3st 3lb to be precise ;) but no plans coming up before then so i'm focusing solely on being 100% for a full 12 weeks, 9 weeks & 5 days to go haha!
We have a very similar goal! I would like to be in the 10's
I've been in the diet 7 weeks and had lost 18lbs but have put two on this week-keep picking at my little boys food!

So today at weigh in I was 13.12.Would really like to be in the 12's mid September!

Good luck with it all and well done for restarting-this diet is not for the faint hearted!

Ahhh we are similar weights now too. i'm hoping for another 3lb off by mondays weigh in but anything downwards is better than nothing. i find having kids hard on this diet, having to still cook for them & not be able to eat with them is not fun. i havent cheated at all in 16 days & i'm not tempted to either. probably wont feel like that in a few weeks when boredom sets in :/ When i started this i wanted to be 13.7 by the time the school year starts, so 5th september i need to be another 6lb down, doable but only just! well they say a stone a month so i will be at goal by xmas if i dont screw it all up again

So hard cooking for kids!

My little boy is nearly 19 months and always leaves something which I use to finish!

Have tried not to today.

It is my husbands 40th on Monday so we are going out for a meal - will have to be a salad for me!

ahhh thats an important birthday :)

my hubby is 48, hes 14 years older than me. my kids are all a bit older now, 5,7,9 & 13

We are going to fuerteventura on dec 16th-23rd. it seemed a good idea when i booked it but now i realise unless i do an xmas eve food shop we will starve over xmas lol. i didnt realise tescos etc dont deliver xmas eve, how stupid is that! so ive wrote my food shopping list & will get everything i can before we go & just get the fresh stuff on xmas eve. we land at 7pm on the 23rd so might be able to rush shopping that night, depending on when we eventually get home. i dont fancy doing that with 4 kids though.

ahhh thats an important birthday :)

my hubby is 48, hes 14 years older than me. my kids are all a bit older now, 5,7,9 & 13

We are going to fuerteventura on dec 16th-23rd. it seemed a good idea when i booked it but now i realise unless i do an xmas eve food shop we will starve over xmas lol. i didnt realise tescos etc dont deliver xmas eve, how stupid is that! so ive wrote my food shopping list & will get everything i can before we go & just get the fresh stuff on xmas eve. we land at 7pm on the 23rd so might be able to rush shopping that night, depending on when we eventually get home. i dont fancy doing that with 4 kids though.

Oh wow!Well my mum always does the food shop Christmas Eve so you should be ok-although a nightmare with kids am sure!

A good goal to aim for tho a holiday.

I work Mondays and Wednesday (am a teacher) so am hoping going back to work won't wreck my plan to be in the 10's by December..

still 13.13 seriously!!! no change since monday fgs!! not giving in but really peed off with the lack of movement this week grrrr! prob loads of reasons for it, im due on at the weekend (i think) & i wasnt good with my water intake until yesterday either. was hoping for 3lb off this week but it will most likely only be 1 or 2 if im lucky.

ahhh a teacher? what do you teach? I dont work, with 4 kids it would be hard to juggle & my husband has his own business so he doesnt have set hours, i'm lucky that i get to be home but my god does it get boring in term time. The plan was to have me time but that doesnt happen. i end up sitting on my own or doing house work lol

i think i used to do an xmas eve shop before i had kids actually. i'll get all the other bits before my holiday so its only the fresh things on xmas eve. shouldnt be too bad that way. mainly veg for xmas dinner. we are spending xmas day alone, last year we went to our friends house in the evening & it was rubbish, the kids were tired & wanted to go home as soon as we got there. so this year they can play with their toys & then i think we will watch a film in the evening together. my hubby goes to the pub xmas eve (after the food shop this year lol) which i actually like as it gives me & my kids time to bake cookies & make mince pies that sort of thing. then we tidy up& order chinese when hes home, perfect lol. trying to do a low key xmas this year, i always go overboard with the presents

Been very good today and yesterday-think yesterday's weighin has given my head a wobble and now back on track!

Am supposed to be on 3 products but yesterday had 4 and will probably today-if it gets s me back in ketosis then all good!

Hi Heidi,

Just popping my head in to say Hi :),

I'm playing catch up with posts over the last few days. Wanted to ask how your June trip to London went for you anniversary? Did you have a good time? What did you get up to?

And also well done on the restart, this is my 2nd attempt on VLCD, I tried earlier in the year and failed miserably. Hopefully I'm on track now, although I did have a naughty stumble last night :rolleyes::oops::confused::eek::D... I've stopped beating myself up about it, or I will when I'm back in ketosis, hopefully it won't be long... urggggh..

It's great to see you've got great milestones and a holiday booked for Xmas too.. I need to organise something too ... but will leave for a bit and look again later.

I won't be weighing my self 3 times a day as I usually do due to my naughty hiccup yesterday, will resume unofficial weighins on Sunday, when hopefully I should be in Ketosis ;)

Bfn

xxx

you've done really well so far, its such a hard diet at times, it almost tortures me lol. I do try not to weigh daily as it annoys me but i did today & i'm 13.12 finally, taken since monday to see movement this week. hoping to be lower 13s by 5th sept but not going to beat myself up if i'm not. We only booked a holiday because we didnt want holiday blues. we went to zante & i didnt enjoy it. wasnt even due to my weight i just hated it lol. i was 15 stone then & didnt feel uncomfy, but obviously its better to go on holiday slim so thats my motivation. well the holiday & my friends 50th bday party in dec too, i have a dress i want to wear, i was 11 stone when i last wore it

13.11 today :) 12lb to my next goal, 26lb to the second goal & 43lb to my final goal. doesnt seem so overwelming anymore thank god! hoping to be at my next goal by beginning of oct so i'll be on track for a stone a month ;)

thanks summerchic, its horrible when it doesnt move though. Especially when people doing slimming world can lose 3lb a week & eat. i just cant do that because i'm not strict enough. i'd end up eating loads more than i should. i like knowing i can only have a shake or bar & thats it. no way i can get it wrong ;)

when i did this the first time i got to 11.6 & i felt fab, all size 12 clothes fit me perfect & i stayed in the 11 stone range for about 4 months. so once i've got the next 2 stone off i should feel happier about losing the final stone. right now i look awful still & am still a size 16 which is depressing. i didnt stay a size 14 for long last time so not going to bother buying that clothes size, i'll make do with 16s for the next 2 months lol, hopefully by halloween i'll be safely in the 11 stone range.

finding today really hard. felt hungry & miserable. i havent cheated or anything but not enjoying it today. I cannot wait to eat again, even a nice healthy dinner would be great. i think when i am finished i'll do slimming world to maintain. i was reading some of the food diaries & they look so nice. if time was on my side id deffo try it. but as i have 16 weeks until my holiday i cant risk it. i only planned to do this for 12 weeks as its expensive & all being well i should be pretty close to goal in 9 weeks. would be great to look back at this post when im skinny & know that this crap day was worth it lol. anyway i'm off for a bath, no bubble bath left damn it so a bubble less rubbish one :(

Love a bubble bath!

Yes I agree about slimming world etc-I am not strict enough and will just trough and trough!!!

Hope you feeling better now-I am hungry today

Back