My journey to a 32" waist and a girlfriend...

Mingling is so difficult, when you dont often do it though.....

x

So what about chatting to people on line - lots of people on here use the dating sites, why not try that route?

Good advice Helen :)

I agree, why not give online dating a try?..even just to make some friendships with ladies and then something lovely might develop :)

Like any other world of dating, just be a little cautious until the chemistry feels right, good luck :)

Perhaps I will try - I just cant seem to take that first step though..x

Awww, believe in yourself hun :) you've achieved so much and you've got a lot to offer the right woman. Many women will be attracted to someone a little shy, its so much more appealing than a show off who is over confident!

Try chatting with some of the single ladies on here, who knows? they too may be looking for someone special!..and discussing your road to success with weight loss gives you loads in common with them already!..a good start, and a good basis for a friendship/relationship :)

I hope you get friendly with someone who will give you the confidence to believe in yourself and that you are important. You are probably just out of practice ;).... go on, a little flirting will boost your confidence :)

keep posting about your weight loss, we are all interested, and maybe someone will pop into your thread...and you'll 'click' with each other online while chatting!

Come on ladies...especially the singletons out there, boost this man's confidence with a wee friendly chat and reassure him that there are some nice girls in the world :)

(sorry single dad, hope you don't mind me campaigning for you a wee bit? ) If you are uncomfortable, let me know and i'll delete this post!

Last edited:
I was thinking you should do the same thing single dad... i'm sure there are single ladies on here that you could practice on lol

Good luck with your search and just do it... it can't be any harder than agonising over doing it... can it??? :D:D:D xxxx

I braved the dating site world 4 yrs ago - had experience of being lied to and thought never again. Then, along with 4 friends who were using a particular site and calling me chicken I joined this other site. I only met one man from there, 3 and a half years ago. 3 weeks ago we got married:)) Out of my 4 other friends - one met 5 different men for dates - man number 4 she dated for a couple of months but they didnt work out and man number 5 she is still with 2 yrs later and they have just bought their first house together. 1 met someone at work! 1 didnt meet anyone who was a keeper, but did make a couple of friendships out of it and 1 didnt meet anyone even for a date. so all in all nothing terrible happened to any of us, and something fantastic happened to me!! I was 3 months shy of my 40th birthday when I met my now husband for the first time. Its never too late for love!!
Go on - if only to build your confidence:)) Good luck!

I have met two women on here during the last 18 months.... BOth lovely in different ways - I got very cold feet about the second - but I just couldnt seem to go through with it.

The first, well, it was WestieGirl, who tragically is no longer with us... About 3 months before she passed away, we had lunch and an afternoon in Chester. It was great, we spoke a few times afterwards and almost met up again a few times (again, these feet get cold)..

xx

You need to not put pressure on yourself or the lady/ies you are talking to. It sounds like you won't take that first step to meet in real life because you think it has to be perfect from the outset. Maybe you should check out the meets that happen with the people on here - there being safety in numbers:D

Good advice again from helen :)

Perhaps if you don't think about trying too hard with women you meet as potential girlfriends, but just friends from the onset, those cold feet moments will be a thing of the past...and those same friendships may develop into a relationship with the right woman, good luck lovey :)
Definately look out for minimins meet ups in your area, or beyond! as Helen suggested. No pressure on you then or awkward silences etc, just a friendly 'getting to know you' event.
Who knows, you might even leave with a phone number or two ;)

Hmmm, I will try that - just need to find one now....x

Just read through your journey wow what an inspiration, you must be so proud of yourself and I should imagine your children are just as proud of their Dad.:)

I agree with Helen and RainbowRose don't put pressure on yourself, when you meet women just think of them as friends first. My husband and I were friends for 4 years before we realised it was more than a friendship have been married 16 years now. It happens when you are least expecting it:)

I hope 2012 is good to you and you get everything you wish for you certainly deserve it. Looking forward to seeing how you get on. xxx

Why not think about mentioning a meet up in the 'meeting and events' section below?

You'll be able to judge if enough people are interested, then take it from there, maybe an afternoon or evening meet up in a nice pub or restaurant? near a train or bus station for those without their own transport, there must be a few on here from your part of the world and nearby.... manchester etc too?

Have a think about it, or keep watching out in that section on here for meet ups near you! You could always bring a mate along for moral support :)

Organising one myself may well prove to be a bridge too far.....

xx

Okay, that's understandable :)

I agree with bin59, love and relationships often come along into your life when you are at least expecting it!

have a good day and relax, you are an inspiration to many with your successful weight loss, i hope one day soon your love life is a huge success too :)

Sometimes we try too hard. In 1973, after one heartache too many I gave up on men and concentrated on my career. I met Mark at a party in January 1975, we became friends. In December 1975 we married and last December celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary and we are still as happy today as the day we married. Life hasn't been easy for us, we lost 3 babies and in 2010 we lost our 32 yr old daughter. It is being so close to each other that has pulled us through the bad times and given us strength. We are even dieting together! but he's doing better than me dammit.

Hang in there, and just take things as they come.

You know what they say .... if at first you don't succeed ....

Jujudoll,

Sometimes you can worry that your bridges have been irrevocably burnt though....??

x

In my experience, the best course of action is to get that hammer and nails out and start again ... X

Back