• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My journey to a healthier, happier and confident Yummy Mummy!

Well wanted to start this today as I truly believe that this diary will be the most helpful tool in enabling me to achieve my 5 stone weight loss goal! Originally wanted to aim for a 4lbs loss each week but after speaking to some lovely people on here have since decided a 2lbs loss a week is more realistic therefore anything extra is a bonus!

Am going to post my food/exercise log each following day so nothing to report today other than my start weight (and the last week I will ever be this weight lol!)

Weight as at Monday 18th April:
14stone 0pounds

This is for myself, my gorgeous boys and my fantastic fiance xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Food/Exercise log for Monday 18th April:

Breakfast:
Special k oats and honey with semi skimmed milk

*30 Minute DVD workout

Mid morning:
Granny smith apple

Lunch:
Tesco light choices cup of soup and one slice of granary bread with low fat spread. Ww vanilla yoghurt

Mid afternoon:
Banana

Dinner:
Quorn fillet, baby new pots, sprouts, leeks, carrot an sweede mash and broccoli. Telco light choices carrot an orange cake.

So today has been a good day (I think!) should really add up these calories properly as I haven't a clue what it comes to. Day 1 so far so good, bring on tomorrow!

Ok so yes I am one of these annoyingly impatient people who find themselves weighing each day, well today I am glad I did as I am -4lbs! Very pleased and it has made me even more motivated for the rest of the week. Although I am only counting each Monday as my official weigh in, I just felt I had to note this down somewhere for extra encouragement and motivation! Just hoping that by that time it hasn't all crept back on :-(

well done 4lbs is a great loss! good luck on your weight loss journey! its such a simple yet helpfuly way to motivate yourself using a weight loss diary!

dont forget to take pics so you can see your progress in pictures as well as on the scales!

shazza87 said:
well done 4lbs is a great loss! good luck on your weight loss journey! its such a simple yet helpfuly way to motivate yourself using a weight loss diary!

dont forget to take pics so you can see your progress in pictures as well as on the scales!
Thanks Shazza, I did think about taking photos but was too worried about someone else seeing them! However I have just found an iPhone app that allows you to take private photos that are protected by a pin number! so there is no stopping me now lol! x

Food/exercise log for Tuesday 19th April:

Breakfast:
Special k oats and honey with semi skimmed milk

Mid morning:
Granny smith apple

Lunch:
Tesco light choices cup of soup, one slice of granary bread and a ww vanilla yoghurt

Mid afternoon:
A cracker with a little grated cheese ;-)

Dinner:
Quorn fillet with baby new pots, brocolli, leeks, carrot and sweede mash. 1x Tescos light choices orange and carrot slice.

Another good day I think, was so surprised at how full I felt after dinner as it wasn't a large portion. Am thinking it could be to do with the water I have drank today (alot!) or maybe the fact that I am now eating more during the day than before? Either way feeling full after such a healthy meal is such a good feeling and I just know I can keep this up now- there is no going back! Yay!! Bring on tomorrow!

Forgot to add my exercise doh! Only 15mins workout today due to ankle pain but boy did I make the most of those 15mins! Both my ankles are particularly achy at the minute (due I think to me exercising without footwear) so I am going to give the workout a miss tomorrow I think so they have a while to rest. I will be walking to my mums tomorrow which is about 10 mins so that sort of counts!!

Hiya

Great start. Are you following any plan or doing your own.

Keep up with the exercise tha is what i need to stick to x x

Size 16 Will Do said:
Hiya

Great start. Are you following any plan or doing your own.

Keep up with the exercise tha is what i need to stick to x x
Hi, yeah it's just my own- looking at it as more of a lifestyle change than a diet which is very exciting and scary at the same time! Yes I agree exercise is the key and just the rush you get afterwards is worth the pain alone! Will get back on it on Thursday :)

Food log for Wednesday 20th April:

15 mins exercise DVD

Breakfast:
special k with semi skimmed milk

Mid morning:
1x cheese and cracker

Lunch;
Cup of soup and ww toffee yoghurt

Mid afternoon:
Apple

Dinner:
Crispbake, jacket and salad. Tesco light choices carrot and orange slice

Ok day today, was not planning on doing any exercise due to ankle pain but I just couldn't help myself! (weird!) but only managed 15minutes so not too bad. Looking forward to tomorrow as every day is one tiny step closer to my target :)

Food exercise log for Thursday 21st April:

No exercise today :-( due to ankle pain :-(

Breakfast:
Special k with semi skimmed milk

Lunch:
Tomato and basil cup of soup

Mid afternoon:
Cheese and cracker

Dinner:
Quorn fillet, baby new pots, leeks, brocolli, sprouts, carrot and sweede mash. Carrot and orange slice

Don't really feel I have ate enough as I should have done today, purely through time not choice! Am feeling a bit low today like this is never really going to happen for me or not ad quick as I want it to. Therefore I am considering Exante, I really think I could do it as I know the results will be worth it and quick! Then I think once I get to my goal weight I can just maintain with the diet I am on now of healthy eating. Trouble is telling family and friends as I know they will all tell me not to do it but then they are not the ones with 4 stone to lose. I could possibly keep it a secret for a short while from them but not from OH. I just know he would say there is better things we could me spending money on than milkshakes lol! What he doesn't realise is that if I were able to achieve this loss then I would be a much better gf! More confident and happy and much more fun to be around. Think we will have to have a chat! Also I am unsure as to whether to get down to 13 or 12 stone first and then start exante or whether to do exante first and shift a substantial amount before going on a healthy plan? So many decisions, will have to have a long think over easter and decide what to do from here :-(

Ashamed that I have not been on for 4 days due to easter! Well I have a 2lb loss which is ok but due to my habit of daily weigh ins that could have been a loss of 6lbs as last Thursday I weighed 13st 8lbs! Gutted as I should have maintained that over Easter but family meals and BBQs got the better of me :-( back on it today though, should be able to restart my exercise tomorrow as ankle is feeling better each day. Anyway I suppose 2lbs loss is better than nothing, time to start again and try not to think of those 4lbs I lost and put back on :-(

you are doing really well. try not to worry about thoses 4lb cause weight can fluctuate day to day.i know its hard not too as i do the same thing so i should really take my own advice lol.a 2lb loss is still really good especially after easter family meals and bbqs. well done.
keep going and keep positive.

Thankyou both, yes 2lbs is better than nothing- or a gain!! So things could be worse! x