my journey to fit, healthy and slim

perfectxmess

hi everyone :)

a little bit about me:

i did lipotrim a couple of years ago and lost 3 stone but i've put it all back on plus more (almost double!)

i'm going to be a bridesmaid at the end of august for one of my best friends, and although i'm excited i am also terrified of the strapless (gah!) pink dress! the dresses were ordered blind online and i got a size 12 (far too optimistic and maybe slightly in denial) and when i tried on my friend's size 18-20 it was a little bit snug! there is a spare larger size but i still want to lose as much as possible by then so that the photos aren't quite so horrifying haha.

so i'm back again to whip myself back into the shape i should be in, and thought i'd do a diary so that i can keep track of it all.

i'd love to hear from any other newbies or experienced folk as i really think minimins will help again with my willpower and it's great to have friends going through the same thing :)

day 4 today and had a sneaky weigh in this morning. 3lbs down which is ok :)

i'm still trying to hold out a little bit longer for my last meal of the day but i ordered a box of the thai chicken soups (as i loved them last time) and 3 carbonaras yesterday and i'm excited to try the pasta in a bit.

i was thinking about a few things i'm looking forward to today and thought i'd put them here so i can mentally tick them off when i get there:

* no more sports bras unless i'm exercising or having an at-home day
* skinny jeans - definitely in my top 3
* no more fat hanging over the top of my bra
* being able to paint my toe nails without boobs / stomach or tops of thighs getting in the way
* no more thigh-like biceps - some recent photos were shocking :(
* my collarbone to make a re-appearance - i miss it

anyone else got any things they can't wait for?

1st week weigh in = -8.6lb yay :)
my willpower is now being tested though as i've been dragged to the pub for what i thought was just a drink (i've got my iced water) but has now turned into my boyfriend ordering lunch and constantly telling me how good it is! grrrrr!

Hey hun well done on your fab first week loss!! Your little targets are great, I definitely had one about getting rid of my back fat around my bar so glad to be making dents in that now :) good on you for being at the pub, I found it too easy at the beginning to make excuses rather than go out so keep it up! :D

You are doing really well. My husband keeps forgetting I am doing shakes at the moment and piping up lets go for a picnic or do you want an icecream.. I scowl he says oops sorry and then makes another daft suggestion. Revenge will be mine though he is starting them in a weeks time so I will be able to taunt too.

I love your minigoals. I haven't really set any except for trying smaller clothes sizes on regularly to see how I am doing. I raided the next sale yesterday and got a few size 18's and they either fit or are a little snug (I started size 22) so that is definately motivating me..

Keep up the good work though it is worth it..

Start weight - 16 stone 12 :cry:
Week 1 - 16 stone - lost 12lbs :clap:
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12

Melsxx

Wow 8lb is amazing!! I can't wait to start tomorrow!!!!

I'm totally with you on all of your goals but mostly the back fat and the thigh like biceps!!!! Oddly enough when I fell pregnant last August the first part of me to get bigger was my lardy arms!!!

Fx you have another great loss this week :)

thanks girls, those little goals are really helping at the moment

good luck starting tomorrow KJ - at least with this scorching weather drinking lots of water is easier :) keep us posted with how you get on. have you done exante / vlcd before?

I did lighterlife and it literally changed my world. I went from a size 20 to a size 6-8 (I'm very small built) and I've never been happier!!!

The main reason I didn't go back to LL was the cost- if exante can give me the weight loss at a fraction of the price then brill!!! Do feel I'll have to come on here for support though if no group meetings so I'll be doing lots of stalking!! ;-)

haha yeah it's nice to have loads of people going through the same thing and you don't have to wait for a weekly meeting.

wow a 6-8 that's amazing!

had a peek at the scales this morning and am still the same as sunday - boo!

but on the plus side i had the red bean chilli for dinner tonight and i was surprised by how good it was. very similar to quorn chilli in taste but a bit like refried beans but less dense in texture. glad the box of 50 wasn't a waste :)

Back