My journey to lose this weight once and for all..

Well the "curves" trial went well... I will go again tonight, nice atmosphere and the good thing is it s a 30 min workout so I'm tagging it on to the end of my working day to make it a routine.
Got measured too.... Boy i do have a massive butt however down 25 inches in all from when I last got measured last year.:D I ve a long way to go tho
Hope everyone is good and hope you all have a good weekend x

Well done on joining curves...any motivation tips on tagging it on the end of a work day...I work 8 to 6 and too lazy to exercise when I get home, often too exhausted! Need help ladies!!

Well done on joining curves...any motivation tips on tagging it on the end of a work day...I work 8 to 6 and too lazy to exercise when I get home, often too exhausted! Need help ladies!!

I used to work long hours (extra hours in exchange for holidays later). I started walking 5 mins in each of my 2 mini breaks (round the building) and a half hour walk at lunch. I noticed when I went for my half hour walk, that there were several little groups of people already doing the same! Also I live on the 2nd floor of a building now, and I use the stairs instead of the lift, both for going up and for going down. If you get the bus, getting off one stop early, and getting on one stop later could help. If you work 5 days a week, and walk briskly for at least the half hours a day at lunch, that would work out 2.5 hours a week....and based on your weight about 900 calories off, which I think is about 25% of a pound. If you did that every week for a year you would have 1 stone extra weightloss over that year. Many times I look back at times I've been inactive, and wished I'd done at least a little walking a day and I'd have a bit less to lose now!

Last edited:
I used to work long hours (extra hours in exchange for holidays later). I started walking 5 mins in each of my 2 min breaks (round the building) and a half hour walk at lunch. I noticed when I went for my half hour walk, that there were several little groups of people already doing the same! Also I live on the 2nd floor of a building now, and I use the stairs instead of the lift, both for going up and for going down. If you get the bus, getting off one stop early, and getting on one stop later could help. If you work 5 days a week, and walk briskly for at least the half hours a day at lunch, that would work out 2.5 hours a week....and based on your weight about 900 calories off, which I think is about 25% of a pound. If you did that every week for a year you would have 1 stone extra weightloss over that year. Many times I look back at times I've been inactive, and wished I'd done at least a little walking a day and I'd have a bit less to lose now!

I hit the thanks button for this thoughtful post and really laid out how to incorporate my exercise during working hours...will keep in touch how this works out...

Nina, I'll be really interested to hear when you report back :) x

Thanks dreamer...will keep in touch...I think I need to up my exercise to win the battle with C D...

Hi Nina and Dreamer x
Hope you are both well, It was Dreamer & Pink that gave me the push I needed to start exercising and Curves fits in with my lifestyle just great and after 2 weeks of going I do feel better. I get measured on a monthly basis so will post results on here :D:D
So here s to another weekend, always find them the hardest :( but hopefully another loss tomorrow.
Just going to catch up on everyone s diaries :)

Exercise really is the best thing for weight loss, I'm glad that you've found something that you enjoy!
Why not go for a walk at weekends when you're bored and peckish? Or take up sewing? lol. Just something to keep you busy and your mind off food.
Hope that you're having a good weekend :)

Hi Katierose :) I've really enjoyed reading your diary, you're doing SO well, you should be really proud of yourself. Hope you've had a good weekend x

Sounds like you are still doing really well Katierose. I'm intrigued by Curves, how often do you go an dwhat do you most like about it please?

Hi x
Woo hoo I'm in the 15's....:D:D Hope to never see the 16's again ever...
Hi Maisie Thank you for your kind words xx means alot
Pink x I love curves I already feel fitter ... and I knit in the evenings keeps me occupied and I'm glad to say I ve finished 2 cardigans since starting the diet xx Hope your good xxx
Hi Barb x I go to Curves 5 times a week straight after work for 30 mins. Thats what I like that its only 30 mins and also its ladies only. Its a combination of weight machines (specially made for women) & cardio. You do 30 seconds on the machine 30 seconds cardio and you do that 3 times Theres about 12 stations in all .. The time goes really fast and you then log in the computer and it tells you how many calories you ve burnt. I ve never enjoyed exercise but am loving this xx hope that helps xxx
Am going to catch up with everyone else now x:D

In the 15's!!!! That is so fantastic, thrilled for you!

Curves sounds really interesting, I think I will look into that locally. Thanks Katierose.

Hi Nina and Dreamer x
Hope you are both well, It was Dreamer & Pink that gave me the push I needed to start exercising and Curves fits in with my lifestyle just great and after 2 weeks of going I do feel better. I get measured on a monthly basis so will post results on here :D:D
So here s to another weekend, always find them the hardest :( but hopefully another loss tomorrow.
Just going to catch up on everyone s diaries :)

Just wanted to say thanks for this, it's nice to know you can have a positive effect/influence! Glad to hear you are still doing well after the weekend :)

Yay, 15s! Good stuff! You're doing great!
By the end of this you'll be slim and have a whole wardrobe of cardigans! ;)
Curves sounds really interesting! How much is it? I might look into it.

Katierose - WOW!!!! Thats almost 2 stone in 7 weeks. You could give those people off the Bigest Loser a run for their money hehe. Did you see it last night? Oh, that Curves thiong does sound fab. I wonder if there is something like that near me as I get major bored in the normal gym. Not that I hardly ever go but I must step up the exercise.

How are you finding Ghoset Whisperer? Would you reccomend it?

Speak soon xxx

Hey, how's it going?

Well my journey to lose this weight once and for all... came to a halt... and I wasn't going to come back on here as felt far too embarrassed :eek::eek::eek:
I moved house.. and pretended like i did before that Im happy as I am.. so the weight has come back on.. :mad::mad::mad: but it is my fault and only me..
So I ve been reading peoples diaries and already feel inspired, i start officially on Monday (a hectic weekend planned)
And I can only look forward not backwards xxx :D

Well my journey to lose this weight once and for all... came to a halt... and I wasn't going to come back on here as felt far too embarrassed :eek::eek::eek:
I moved house.. and pretended like i did before that Im happy as I am.. so the weight has come back on.. :mad::mad::mad: but it is my fault and only me..
So I ve been reading peoples diaries and already feel inspired, i start officially on Monday (a hectic weekend planned)
And I can only look forward not backwards xxx :D

Looks likes we disappeared around the same time and both put on weight. I came back here in the last couple of weeks. Put on lots of weight during exam time (but got a 1st for 1st yr), in the midst of moving house (away from my gym) but managing. Hope you get back on track ok xx

Welcome back Katierose. There are a few of us always chtt9ing on my thread - Miss Kassy Getting Sassy diary. Its in the Strugglrs andrestartes section. You'll have to come re-join us all xxxx

Hey good to hear from you V xx We can help each other get motivated.. :D
I was going to hide and not come back but everyone is so encouraging on here and supportive and that means alot..
I'm also going to try and not look back and berate myself I know that I ve over eaten and drank for England lol..
So Monday new start !! I look forward to hearing how you are getting on xx

If you haven't given up you haven't failed, you just have taken the scenic route but you'll get there in the end.

Lets face it, life gets in the way and we can't be perfect all the time. It's good to see you back, I am sure you can do this, especially if you spend lots of time on here!

Back