My journey to slim and happy...

Hi Slim ^^

Don't worry about the gain (though I get that you're wondering where it's come from!!) ... Well there are two possible explanations -
1) The running you did the other day - seems you did it a while longer than you usually do. Maybe some muscles were damaged and are retaining extra water for repair.
2) You ate more fibre and it hasn't *uhm* exited yet.

Last week (before the scales ban) - I ate a bit extra vegetables on two consecutive days without going to the loo. Diet didn't change other than that, calories were below 800. But I GAINED 2 lbs. TWO!! So, don't underestimate waste inside your gut. It can count for a lot.

Don't panic - before next Wi take something to 'move' things and you'll see a good loss.

:)

x

Well you can't gain muscle on a diet like this but almost anything seems to cause water retention so I'd bet my bottom dollar that's what it is!

Thanks ladies. I've got a feeling I've kicked myself out of ketosis as I'm getting same symptoms as on day 2-3. My head is killing me! I might overdone it with the veg and milk last week. I'm not worried. I know it's not fat but I do wonder if I'm not overdoing the exercise. I have 2 pt sessions and 2-3 classes per week. I don't feel tired or fatigued but I guess I should calm down a little. I appear to want the cake and eat it!
Ideally I would love to go back to clean eating and exercise but I have not learned to control my binge eating yet so I'm afraid that I will go back to my old ways and put the weight back on.

I need to find a golden middle to all this and somehow make it work for me.

Why is it so bloody hard?!!!!

I promise I will catch up with everyone's diaries real sooooon. Right now I can't wait to get home and have a hot bath. Oh and take some painkillers for this awful headache. Mwah xx

I hope the headache leaves soon!! :( Poor you.

I can't advise as per exercise - what does your PT say? Does he know you're on a VLCD?

x

Yeah he does. He says its ok as I'm already pretty fit. Plus I REALLY up my protein on my workout days. I don't have an issue with lack of energy or anything like that. I only have another 25 ish days left of this diet until I'm off home. I plan to have a break from it on my holiday and then come back to 3 packs plus meal until I reach my goal. Problem I have is that I don't eat meat and I really try to stay away from fish so getting good quality protein in my body is hard.
We shall see. I will figure it out if it kills me! ;)
How are you Min? Must catch up with your diary #hugs

Confession time.

Broke my diet yesterday big time. It wasn't planned but for some strange reason all day I had a feeling I will break it. It was a conscious decision though. Nothing impulsive or too excessive. I just felt I needed a break. I enjoyed myself and I don't regret it. I got it out of my system and I'm more than happy to go back on packs today. I will not beat myself up over it. Lets be realistic. In life you will have moments where you just want to relax the self discipline and simply enjoy a good time with friends. I was in charge of what I did and eat and I consider that a success especially because I am back on the wagon today with a complete ease.
I know I will be more than happy to carry on until my planned week off.

On a different note I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend. I am off today but have to work tomorrow.
Joys of working in retail lol

We all need a break every so often! :) This discipline/control is draining and we need a breather every once in a while.
Having a day off and getting back on the next day is indeed easy - when you're in the zone. I'm glad you had a lovely time - you deserve it!

x

Don't worry likeyou said back on track. I went away for few days ad came off plan but back on it tomorrow. Tbh I needed it to realise I can't wait to get back on plan. I didn't feel to good for eating food very bloated.

I'm ok. Except for the fact I'm not losing any weight! I've hit a wall big time! After going off plan on Saturday I feel like going back in the zone is getting tougher and tougher. I have stuck to it since then but not seeing any progress is REALLY starting to get me down! I'm going to need someone to give me some talkinging into, telling off or whatever as I need to snap myself out of it now! I'm scared of how I feel about this diet now. I really don't want to quit, I'm not ready but I need to seriously get myself out of the plateau.
Not a happy bunny today :(

I know EXACTLY how you feel - believe me. You've seen my thread and woes of not losing weight - and the resulting off-plans (which in fairness have ONCE happened due to that rebellious child screaming about slow weight loss).

Are you losing inches instead? Do you measure your body? :) I'm assuming some of the slowness is due to exercise... But some of it may be... well... due to European genes? Far stretch, but had to take it :p I think genetically I'm predisposed to HOLD my fat because my ancestors come from a very cold and harsh climate. At least this little white lie makes me feel a little bit better about it. :rolleyes:

Either way - part of the reason I took on this month with NO WEIGHING (15 days now from last WI :) ) makes me more focused on 100% and not being upset by it all... After the first week I wasn't curious and the routine of HAVING to update my stats etc fell away and lost importance. The diet is easier as a result - because it's what "I'm doing" rather than "I'm doing it JUST to weigh-in and lose weight on the scales".

As a final resort you could give it a go - set a date until which you are not to touch the scales and I promise it'll be easier.

:)

x

REALLY bad day yesterday! :(
I won't go into details but I have broken the diet quite spectacularly. I lost control and it scared the c**p out of me!
Will I never bloody learn?! :(
At least I think I know what my trigger was but it still doesn't make it any better as I appear not to be able to fight it and make the right decision.
I'm going to need your help guys! I seem to be failing :(

Slim - in a situation like this (and I am REALLY struggling too with all the stress) - is take EACH day as if it's Day 1 again. Day 1 always needs an extra strong disciplinary hand, extra forcing to get on with it. The diet does not feel easy right now (like it does sometimes), so pretend you're at the beginning again. Remind yourself of what you want to achieve. Think about your goal and rationalise on it. If you mess around now, it only prolongs the 'torture' of the diet, so in effect you're doing yourself some harm in both falling off AND being on such a strict diet.

ON THE OTHER HAND - you could genuinely need a break. Maybe take a few days off like I did - with planned out protein meals and vegetables. It may give some focus back and quieten the rebellious child from his/her revulsion at seeing packs every meal time. We all know how unpleasant they can look when we REALLY don't want to keep going!

Also, you will take a break from it soon - how long is it until you go 'home'? Could a visual aid of counting down the days help? :) (like my signature of days until the end for me?).

x

You aren't failing,you have had a blip. You CAN do this. Back to the beginning is fab advice, keep telling yourself you WILL do this! xx

It is hard if we are not focused 100%, you have to be shellfish on this diet and put yourself first and make this tour main focus. I have to talk to myself every day, picturing myself thin, constantly reminding myself of why I'm doing it. That seems to really work for me. Also I did have long weekend break off plan, which was planned. If its extra food you need have protein meals and less products. I love broccoli omelette for my breakfast and fills me up for hours. Then two shakes in the day. On the evening if I don't want another shake I will have either a bit of fish or chicken with salad or veg. My carbs and cals are still under 60 gms and around 700 cals. So I will stay in ketosis and the weight will come off, but I don't feel deprived of food.

REALLY bad day yesterday! :(
I won't go into details but I have broken the diet quite spectacularly. I lost control and it scared the c**p out of me!
Will I never bloody learn?! :(
At least I think I know what my trigger was but it still doesn't make it any better as I appear not to be able to fight it and make the right decision.
I'm going to need your help guys! I seem to be failing :(

And relax. It's a journey that we all learn on, not a destination?
Take a note of why you are doing it to yourself. You are not affecting anyone else, just you! List your emotional triggers, so you can see them in black and white.
Sometimes we need a break, if you have been doing this for a while then it can get monotonous. Take the others ideas and work them. Get a collage of motivation statements and pics, take a phot of it and stick it on your phone or pc to help you out in times of need.
We all have our issues, some more than others but its a battle of wills, yours against the body's wishes. It will try trick you and try to hang onto everything it can for its survival! It's got used to the way you are just now and doesn't want to let go.

Good luck!

Back