My Journey :)

It's great to do, but damn hard work! I built the business from nothing when we moved here nearly 5 years ago. won wedding venue of the year for 2010 and we are so busy now it is untrue! My hubby had to stop touring with bands and work with me full time. We love that we are so different to hotels and every wedding here is all about the couple, whatever they want to achieve we make it happen :)

You could start wedding planning as a part time job, but it will take over your life lol! Maybe have some vistaprint postcards done and drop them off at bridal shops etc and you might need to do a couple for a minimal amount of money to build up a portfolio. Speak to some venues as they might hand your cards out to their brides too. Obviously check out your local competition too to see what they are doing/special offers etc.

It is so rewarding, I love what I do and had one of our 2008 couples turn up to see us today with their baby.

So exciting times for you ahead then! XxxX

That s a fab idea. Will speak to my step father in law about some flyers etc. he is very business minded being a property developer!!

What venue do you run then Hun? Sounds like such an amazing job! Xxx

It's Home - Danby Castle Events - my home and business all rolled into one!

Oh fab you can get business advice and help from step-father :)

xx

Oh it's absolutely beautiful, you're so lucky! Only one thing I'd like to point out (cos I'm Scottish and I've sang in a wedding band for nearly 20 years) it should be CEILIDH not ceili ;) My band is called Purple Heather Ceilidh Band :D Pity we weren't closer! xxx

Damn missed that typo - it is ceilidh in all my brochures! Oh wow you have a ceilidh band - how fab!

I am lantern and candle buying today!

Have a fab day - I must drink more today, yesterday was a lousy 2 litres :( xxx

It's Home - Danby Castle Events - my home and business all rolled into one!

Oh fab you can get business advice and help from step-father :)

xx

Wow it's beautiful!!! If only I could have my wedding day again :) I loved every minute of it.

Weigh in at 7pm.....nervous!!!!! Xxx

Can't quite believe it............ 9lbs this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LilyPotter said:

Wow amazing well done u!!!!!!!!!!!

LilyPotter said:

Fab news hunni! Super well done! :)

LilyPotter said:

That is such great news - must be a massive boost, especially when your week has been a bit crappy!

You will be down another size in clothes very soon.

Have you measured yourself as well as weighing?

XxxX

Thanks guys :) :) super happy. Well last weigh in was 9 days ago, so it's seems I've lost a lb per day. I've just upped my water intake to at least 3litres and that seems to work for me. Only 10lbs to go before hubby buys me my Ugg boots :) lol. I've got a meal out on the 10 march and I'm gonna be extremely good up till then but it's a Chinese meal for a big family party so I know I will prob be kicked out of ketosis. However, I'm not going to get down about it, I'm going to enjoy it and then get right back on it!!!

How is everyone else today? Xxxx

Evening all. Been out with the girls tonight and whilst they had a gorgeous pasta dinner with garlic bread and then cheesecake, I sipped my water and I'm feeling fantastic about it!!! Xxx

Ooh that's willpower well done you x

Wow terrific willpower there!

I have a busy day ahead setting up tomorrow's wedding, I have got the ceremony room ready and done, and have the marquee to dress and tables to do today :)

I don't work Fridays, if I only I was closer I would come and help you!! Lol!! I do love a good wedding!! My hubby is going to be an usher next year for our friends who are getting married in Winchester cathedral!!!!! I can't wait, is beautiful xxx

I am actually from Chichester! So do know Winchester Cathedral - gorgeous!

I have done the centrepieces which are hurricane bases with a large candle and moss- simple but look lovely.

Just a quick steam of tablecloths then I will set tables up - we are quite ahead today which is nice - so no stress!

XxxX

Sounds fabulous hun!! I'm on babysitting duty for my 4 year old nephew this evening and he is keeping me very busy!! He is quiet at the moment as he is eating!!! Lol xxxx

Lol - once the two small ones are in bed I will get to have my bath, paint my nails and get my outfit ready!

I will try to post some pics tomorrow of the marquee etc :)

Enjoy time with your nephew xxx

Back