My kettlebell and workout diary x

ingeh

Hiya, im sort of new here and thought id put up this diary as motivation to keep going. Im 21 and mum to a 20 month old son and a 9 week old son so am busy but trying to fit in workouts. Im sticking to 1600-1700 calories a day which is hard when Im waking in the night with the youngest and Im hungry - xmas chocs in the kitchen dont help!
Im aiming to get to 9st but would be happy at 10st. Im a size 12 and have 38 inch hips, which are pretty much always this size, even at 10st I had 36 inch hips. Im hoping kettlebells will shave some inches off as I think I should be able to get to around 34 if I work hard. My waist is 33 inches and used to be 27 at 10st, Im hoping to get there again. I would rather see inch loss then weightloss really as scales vary due to so many different things. I was 12st before xmas now Im 12st 2lbs but im pretty sore and swollen from the workouts this week (did 3 then did about 15 mns 30 day shred and 5 mins kettlebell yesterday, oldest turned the laptop off!, and 1 day of 30 day shred this week) so my arms and legs kill!
Iv got knee issues so cario isnt good for them, Il do anything like jogging or lunges and il be unable to bend or kneel down for days, I was like that for 5 weeks recently :eek: Im off to the dr tomorow to see what I can do to help my knees get stronger, but my family have bad joints and arthiritus so Il probably go same way lol
Im having a hot soak in the bath tonight then going to do 20 mins kettlebell tomorow after I get back from the dr. Im using a 7.5kg bell by the way x

Hi Ingeh,

Well done for getting going. Sounds like you have a good but challenging regime there. I hope your Dr is able to help - always wise to get any physical health uncertainty checked out.

The kettlebell is a great way to exercise. I'm using a 7.5kg bell too (had to come down from my 10kg after several weeks off!). There's a whole Kettlebell section on this forum which you might enjoy.

PS: enjoy your little ones -this is such a beautiful stage for them :)

Back