My (largely) meat-free IF'ing

stripedsocks

Hi there! I'm pretty new on this forum, but thought I'd start a diary as I can't seem to find an active veggie one, and also to keep my motivation up! I'm a 32 year old full-time working, dog obsessed mother of two and trying to shift the baby weight -I say 'baby-weight' in the loosest possible sense as my youngest is 5! I'm not vegetarian as I do eat fish very rarely, however I do not eat anything that roams on dry land. Although not overweight, I'm just not comfortable with my size and would love to get back into the size 8s I was strutting around in before I had my youngest! I tried IF last March with success, however for reasons that I cannot remember, I quit it after about 2 months. I want a really good crack at it this time, inspired by my Dad who has lost 2 stone since the start of the year! My fast days are Tuesday and Thursdays with the occasional Sunday thrown in for good measure. I didn't do Sunday this week but have lost 3lbs this week so am very happy with the effect that my fast days have had!
I'm going to track my UDs here too in the hope that it will stop me completely stuffing my face like I did on wednesday!
Yesterday was a fast day. Being poorly, I spent most of it in bed and had one meal of 450cals at 4:15pm, which kept me going til 9:30ish tthis morning.
Thanks for reading, if you got through all my waffle! :p

Well my feet have hardly touched the ground since Friday!

Friday was a decent food day, it came in at about 1700 cals which is my maintenence amount. Yesterday was not so good - a mid afternoon cheese pasty, and a delish Indian takeaway last night (saag paneer, a 3rd of a roghani naan, half a portion of rice and an onion bahji!) which was washed down with half/a bottle of pinot grigio... Ugh not even going to attempt to count that! However as it was mine and the hubby's first night without the kids for about 2 months, I was determined to eat, drink and be merry!

Today has been a fast day.
B - coffee with a splash of milk - 20
3pm-ish - ommelette with 2 eggs, 25g low fat cheese and cooked in fry-light - 261
5pm - snaffled a few of the kids oven chips - 120
... and a penguin 106

507 calories? It's late and I'm tired so I may be a few out! Have been a bit light on fruit and veg today and have done no structured exercise, but have spent the last 9 hours tidying, cleaning and ironing so I think I will have burnt a fair few cals! :p

What a day this is turning out to be! It started out horrendously - I put one of my contact lenses in this morning and the peroxide hadn't neutralised properly, the pain made me scream out loud and then had to hold my head under a cold tap until I could get the lens out :eek: A trip to the opticians revealed that no damage has been done but they said that it will hurt for 48 hours - wah! So because of all the drama, I missed breakfast and forgot to pack a lunch! I've dashed to the shop and bought a tuna sandwich and a bag of crisps - 484 cals alogether.

I think I'm going to find it quite hard to fill my calories on up days/non-fast days - does anybody else find this? I'm a little worried that if I eat too low a calorie count, my body won't feel the "shock" of fast days, but at just a week in, I am finding I'm just not as hungry as I usually am. Maybe this will change... Working late tonight so tea will be a pasta n sauce and some veg, or an omelette and veg. Also, I've won our bonus ball at work so may treat myself to a celebratory glass of vino or two :D

Fast day. So unbelievably hungry for the first time, I'm thinking it's probably as it' unexpectedly ttotm, so my lunchtime swim is cancelled! Have just eaten a veg sushi snack pack (140cals) an hour earlier than I planned to eat, and am going to try to hold off for a couple of hours and then have a tin of veg and bean chilli soup (200 cals)

What I reeeeally want though is a big fat fudge caramel doughnut...

Just keep telling yourself that you can have it tomorrow... Tomorrow will be here sooner than you think :)

Wise words, thank you! I have ended up going over unfortunately, but only by about 60 calories so it could have been a lot worse! I had a small bag of crisps and a teeny biscuit when I got home from work to satisfy my junk craving. Then found myself licking lemon curd off the knife after I made my son a snack - ha, I'm so gross! Have managed to abate the wis to snack with a rather large cuppa this evening, so all in all 540 consumed today. Could have been A LOT worse!

hi there , ive just started judd last week to and finding it ok , ive allot more than you to loose but for the same reason 3 year old preggy fat lol :0) thought id pop over and say hi and subscribe , nice to follow someone elses journey to compare :0)

Did so well on my up day yesterday... until the husband bought me a lovely bottle of shiraz last night! Lunch was an egg sandwich and a bag of wotsits. Yum. Then I snaffled a crunchie at 3pm. For dinner I had a mushroom, lowfat cheese and onion omelette with a micro veg bag and a small fairy cake.

THEN the husband bought me a bottle to apologise for buying battery farmed eggs the day previous, and one bottle of wine, one bag of crisps and a flapjack later I crawled into bed :( would usually be disappointed with myself, but I know that even if if it hinders my loss this week (especially as I haven't been able to swim because of gammy eye and period combo) I'll claw it back. My day came in at 2007cals - about 200 over my maintenance amount. Whoopsie!

Fast day almost over - my 5th in 11 days and the easiest yet! I was hungry earlier than usual having said that.
I have eaten:
Veg sushi - 140
Fruit - 50
Poached eggs x 2 on 1 toast with a scrape of spread - 275
Total - 465.
Energy levels have been through the roof today and I have felt fantastic! Really looking forward to weighing in in the morning - fingers are crossed for 1-2 off :)

Yay well done! !!

Thats the beauty of this plan . Ud dd or id its all up to you xxxx

Back